VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes, brother, all becomes clear. Your eyes are bad, so you cannot see Jaye's true beauty, and your knees are bad, so you cannot easily kneel in praise.

Getting old sucks, doesn't it?

I'm just laughing 'cause a youtube video won't play on this forum 'cause it's not kid-friendly ...

• Haha
Reactions: MV_1999 and Ilhares

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sneak Peek 12/05/2022

My apologies! Lost track of a day somewhere. Or possibly even two.

These will probably be my last sneak images before release. Hopefully they whet the appetite.

It'll be nice to get everything out I might even be anticipating it more than you guys are.

As always thank you for continuing to support me, and I hope you have a lovely week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/07/2022

No cover this week, GPU running overtime and didn't have time to sneak one in yet.

Coding maintains its 98-99ish level with each new image, though I may have to go back and do some fixes later so that could potentially drop it a bit.

2399 rendered out of about 2600 posed. Posing is almost complete, a few odds and ends remain, but I don't expect more than 70 or so out of those. Now it's just letting the GPU do the deed.

As I said last week posing was the priority, with that finished I'm sitting down with my animation tutor this Saturday to finish the last three I've been holding on. Once those are complete all that's left will be getting everything rendered up and put into the code. That means we can expect 24 animations at least. I have an idea for one or two more, but they aren't needed so that will depend on time honestly.

Had a some family stuff to deal with, so my testers aren't getting the alpha til Friday, but such is life.

Nothing super exciting, just the bells and whistles of the end game.

Now I have more stuff to do so we'll leave it here.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/07/2022

No cover this week, GPU running overtime and didn't have time to sneak one in yet.

Coding maintains its 98-99ish level with each new image, though I may have to go back and do some fixes later so that could potentially drop it a bit.

2399 rendered out of about 2600 posed. Posing is almost complete, a few odds and ends remain, but I don't expect more than 70 or so out of those. Now it's just letting the GPU do the deed.

As I said last week posing was the priority, with that finished I'm sitting down with my animation tutor this Saturday to finish the last three I've been holding on. Once those are complete all that's left will be getting everything rendered up and put into the code. That means we can expect 24 animations at least. I have an idea for one or two more, but they aren't needed so that will depend on time honestly.

Had a some family stuff to deal with, so my testers aren't getting the alpha til Friday, but such is life.

Nothing super exciting, just the bells and whistles of the end game.

Now I have more stuff to do so we'll leave it here.

I truly appreciate all the support, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Still no clear statement of animation status. :( So let's focus on what we can analyze. We completed 161 renders in the last 6 days, an average of ~188/week. Overall, STWAdev's averaging roughly 125 renders/week since Part 4 launched. We also learned the final render count will probably be around 2670. Words are presumably going to remain around 35000. So here are the charts as best we ca chart them:
Assuming STWAdev finishes posing the last static renders and we keep up the current pace, the last statics should be rendered in about a week and a half. As for the animations, well, it sounds like we're waiting to pose animations 21-24 (since mentioned posing 21 back in November). Even if that's true, we still don't know if animations 15-21 have rendered yet or if they're waiting to be posed as well. If they're already done, I suppose it's possible the final animations could be finished within a week or so of the statics finishing. If we still have 8+ animations to render, it's probably going add another week or so.

So it does seem like we're approaching the finish line but - due either to distance or obstructions - it's still not quite in sight.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Progress Report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/14/2022

Keeping things busy so this is going to be quick.

The alpha has been sent out and the testers are working away, finding errors and helping me fix things up. They're the unsung heroes of this whole cycle and I couldn't do it without them.

Posing is complete. As I mentioned last week it's sitting at around 2600 give or take. Better than the 3000 I was worried about. I may have to sneak a few more in if I find I need to do so for a scene, but that isn't uncommon. Rendering up the final batches of renders as we speak I'm hoping they might be finished by the end of this weekend. But Daz does what it wants sometimes.

Sat down last Saturday and managed to get those last three animations made and ready to go, they just need a rendering and then they'll be added into the beta build with the rest.

That's really all she wrote. Just need to get the last pieces rendered and coded into the builds for the testers to break. Then any supplementary renders or fixes that need to be included and we'll be ready to go.

This will probably be my last post here until release unless something major happens that needs a post. I'll be around in case of emergency but mostly keeping to myself while I finish up.

Sláinte!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Latest Progress Report from the developer at Patreon:

Check In 12/14/2022

Keeping things busy so this is going to be quick.

The alpha has been sent out and the testers are working away, finding errors and helping me fix things up. They're the unsung heroes of this whole cycle and I couldn't do it without them.

Posing is complete. As I mentioned last week it's sitting at around 2600 give or take. Better than the 3000 I was worried about. I may have to sneak a few more in if I find I need to do so for a scene, but that isn't uncommon. Rendering up the final batches of renders as we speak I'm hoping they might be finished by the end of this weekend. But Daz does what it wants sometimes.

Sat down last Saturday and managed to get those last three animations made and ready to go, they just need a rendering and then they'll be added into the beta build with the rest.

That's really all she wrote. Just need to get the last pieces rendered and coded into the builds for the testers to break. Then any supplementary renders or fixes that need to be included and we'll be ready to go.

This will probably be my last post here until release unless something major happens that needs a post. I'll be around in case of emergency but mostly keeping to myself while I finish up.

Sláinte!
Sheesh, we're entering Alpha and I still have no better sense of where we stand on the actual counts than I did last week. We've presumably completed somewhere between 0 and 200 renders and 0-10 animations, but that's not very helpful. If I tried to update the charts this, would anyone notice the difference?
It sounds like we're a week or two away from completing the artwork, and maybe another week from release if STWAdev wants a final testing round. So the news is definitely good. But as a numbers enthusiast I'm definitely feeling a little frustrated at how opaque these updates are. First world problems I guess.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes