VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
quick sex with Kana? This is just more like a real development of events, they spent enough time together and oh, horror and it’s no secret, most girls love sex just like guys.
Sorry, I stand by my critique. I have no problem with Kana liking commitment-free sex right off the bat, but that is decidedly not how she was presented prior to that scene. Her change in attitude was not well explained.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I was quite busy when Part 6 first came out, and for whatever reason I never got around to organizing my thoughts on it. With Part 7 bearing down on us, I figure I better get on with it!

Overall, I liked Part 6. It struck a good balance between advancing the MC's story, the various girls' relationships, and keeping us entertained in the meantime. Admittedly, I'm only interested in Kana and Elspeth and I haven't seen too much of the content for the other girls, but at least from that perspective things worked pretty well. I am still a bit frustrated with how blank the MC's slate is this far into the game, but it was nowhere near as bad as after Kana's sex scene in Part 5. And the story this time had a tighter focus - there were no non-sequitur teases like the women investigating Valentine's past. So Part 6 may not have been perfect, but it was a definite step up from Part 5.

Further thoughts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, I think that covers the high points; no sense belaboring old content just before the new update drops, right? Hopefully it will continue the trend.

tl;dr Good story advancement and solid character work, both for the MC and most of the LIs. Looking forward to Part 7!
Great post, i agree with most of it and esp feel similar about the LI's.

There are two types of LI's in this avn and Vi, Ines and Amrit just feel and behave more like girls while Elspeth, Reena and Kana are women. The former three would be great LI's for the usual college freshmen MC but with the unbroken MC it just feels kinda weird to chose these immature LI's when someone like Els is on the table.

Els, Reena and Kana are closer to the MC in age and just feel more like on his level at this point in time, the more natural relationships.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Great post, i agree with most of it and esp feel similar about the LI's.

There are two types of LI's in this avn and Vi, Ines and Amrit just feel and behave more like girls while Elspeth, Reena and Kana are women. The former three would be great LI's for the usual college freshmen MC but with the unbroken MC it just feels kinda weird to chose these immature LI's when someone like Els is on the table.

Els, Reena and Kana are closer to the MC in age and just feel more like on his level at this point in time, the more natural relationships.
I'm sorry, Reena and Kana act like women? They do not. Elspeth is worlds apart from any LI it's not even fair.
Remember how Reena acts every time. Kana acts just like the rest but is a bit more level-headed.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
There are two types of LI's in this avn and Vi, Ines and Amrit just feel and behave more like girls while Elspeth, Reena and Kana are women.
Yes, to a degree, though the 'girls' are either going off to college soon or already past that point(Amrit), and physical age is hardly a solid marker of maturity.
it just feels kinda weird to chose these immature LI's when someone like Els is on the table.
We all handle the MC differently. I don't dislike Elspeth as a person, but I think she's a terrible choice as a romantic partner, based on the information we (The player) get exposed to. It looks like she's the one digging into his background, and I'm not OK with somebody being that nosy about things while still wanting to be secretive about her own affairs.

That marks her, at least partially, as untrustworthy in my book. Reeny, while also pretty, gives off psycho vibes (based on my own past experiences), so that's a solid no, and I don't generally jive well with people who hold on too strongly to spiritual beliefs, like Kana.

I do like Vi, even though she gives off the little sister vibes, but I'm an acknowledged pervert in that regard, what can I say? She's also got massive breasts, which I'm not usually a fan of, either. Amrit, by way of being MC's student, is likewise a bit in the danger zone in terms of inappropriate relations. Ines, on the other hand, is (so far) sweet, kind, beautiful, and doesn't have any of those aforementioned problems. She's simply inexperienced and somewhat socially withdrawn.

That's not too hard to deal with. And our children will be beautiful, too. :WeSmart:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
That marks her, at least partially, as untrustworthy in my book.
Why though? She's usually quite straight about her intentions isn't she? When has she been untrustworthy? :unsure:
It's just that she's a smart gal, so if you want the right answers you need to ask the right questions because she obviously won't give them to you on a silver platter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Why though? She's usually quite straight about her intentions isn't she? When has she been untrustworthy? :unsure:
It's just that she's a smart gal, so if you want the right answers you need to ask the right questions because she obviously won't give them to you on a silver platter.
I shouldn't have to assume you're running a background check on me and ask about the results. If she's trustworthy, she shouldn't be doing it in the first place, no?

Of course, maybe it isn't her. Maybe it's the not-really-dead dickhead, but that seems less likely, as he already knew all your business.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I shouldn't have to assume you're running a background check on me and ask about the results. If she's trustworthy, she shouldn't be doing it in the first place, no?

Of course, maybe it isn't her. Maybe it's the not-really-dead dickhead, but that seems less likely, as he already knew all your business.
She admits she's interested in MC multiple times hence why she's doing it, mostly because he acts like a moody, secretive bitch throughout most of the game.
Even if you refuse therapy, the game's story really points towards her being on the right and seemingly just trying to help MC while he's the one who's wrong.
I bet if MC told her to fuck off and never do it again she'd stop, but it's just not the vibe the story is trying to go for imo.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017

I kinda get the feeling someone else is trying to look into our background, given the fact that the two chicks were talking about us and what they knew about said us. I think in all likelyhood it's gonna go back to the mission and events around that.

With Els, there is certainly some reservation with her. While sure, she may be up front with thing, and naturally close guarded with others, there is a definate suspicious vibe I get from her. Like there is something more to her than she is letting on. Maybe it's due to her own war trauma and we have some hints about it here and there, and we don't fully know who she is truly is, or it could be something else entirely.

For me, while the redhead in me is saying 'YES! SNU SNU RED QUEEN!', there is a part of me that just can't trust her for some reason, be it romantically or in terms of friendship just yet.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018

I'm expecting it'll be Els that's trying to gather intel, but you leave out the most likely explanation for her behaviour: that she's trying to find information she believes is important to keep everyone safe. Remember, she's former military intelligence, and there could be a connection between her and Zaina/Davis, even if it's just that McNab was there on the day of Zaina's death/Davis' betrayal. And speaking of McNab, he had been speaking to Els for years about the MC, so I wouldn't be surprised if there turned out to be some unknown connection between the two even before they met (also remember that the MC became important to Els very quickly after they met, despite them not doing much together, and this fact confused the MC enough for him to question her about it...which is a strange revelation to put in the story if it doesn't become important later).

All of this adds up to some future conversation where Els admits to investigating the MC's history, apologizes because it's not something you do to a friend you trust, but offers her justification that she suspected something dangerous was afoot because of some past intel knowledge she had, combined with the mysterious circumstances around Davis' sudden and supposed death. It will probably be up to the player to decide if this is a valid excuse or not to be invading the MC's privacy. Of course, I could be wrong and all these hints could turn out to be a misdirect, but that's the most likely explanation for her behaviour at the moment that I can see. We'll just have to be patient and learn more as things unfold.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: McGreed and TGafy
Mar 2, 2022

Hey folks, just wanted to post this before I crash for the evening.
ATM I have about 39 renders and 4 animations still getting fixed/ rerendered to be up to the quality I'm comfortable releasing. So I'll need a few more daysish.
So as I promised after I post this up I'll be putting the pause on payments for June. I said I would if there were further delays and I think it's important to follow through on that.
For those who aren't aware how billing pause works, any current patrons won't be charged for June. however new patrons and I believe anybody who goes to a higher tier still will. At least that's what I've been told by the powers that be.
Anyway I do apologise for the additional time, I wouldn't do this unless I believed it would result in a much better release for you folks. As I stated last time all testing is complete, so once these are done and in the build the release will be coming out.
Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

(Editors note, The special Render sets for May are also delayed until release, just wanted to note that)
Sláinte.

Dec 29, 2018
Could somebody please explain why people keep saying Amrit is immature?

I've seen several people do it now, and they never elaborate or give examples or anything. It's rather perplexing to me because if anything, she's one of the most mature of the lot. Are people just hung up on the fact that she's only twenty years old? Some people grow up faster than others, especially when they have to. And she's one of them.

She missed out on a lot of the stuff most kids got to do since she was the responsible one in her family. She was travelling the world on her own as a teenager for work when we first met her. She sends money home to support her mother, and handles the news of her mother's diagnosis about as well as anyone could. She is able to have open and honest conversations about her feelings and fears. She takes her career very seriously. All of these things seem quite mature to me.

The only things about her that really stands out as immature would be her boob squeezing jokes and her unwillingness to wear pants around the house. I don't think that's enough to tip the scales all the way over to the immature side of things, especially since some of the characters who are labelled mature do similar things as well (and often much worse).

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i just learned that the game is close to having new update.

Can i ask to those who follow the development closely or maybe even patrons on how far into the story we are with Unbroken? Have we cross the 50% mark? Or even 75% mark? Just roughly speaking.

I may want to get back and resume playing it from my last save

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

I've seen several people do it now, and they never elaborate or give examples or anything. It's rather perplexing to me because if anything, she's one of the most mature of the lot. Are people just hung up on the fact that she's only twenty years old? Some people grow up faster than others, especially when they have to. And she's one of them.

She missed out on a lot of the stuff most kids got to do since she was the responsible one in her family. She was travelling the world on her own as a teenager for work when we first met her. She sends money home to support her mother, and handles the news of her mother's diagnosis about as well as anyone could. She is able to have open and honest conversations about her feelings and fears. She takes her career very seriously. All of these things seem quite mature to me.

The only things about her that really stands out as immature would be her boob squeezing jokes and her unwillingness to wear pants around the house. I don't think that's enough to tip the scales all the way over to the immature side of things, especially since some of the characters who are labelled mature do similar things as well (and often much worse).
I think its more like the MC "feels" older than he actually is than Amrit being immature (esp considering her age), to me he feels more like 35 and this together with the protege relationship makes a relationship between them less natural compared to the more mature gals.

Its not really a big deal (and way worse with Vi and Ines for me for example) but enougt to prefer Els or Reena for our MC. The MC has a lot of life experiences (maybe too much for his supposed age) which is very different compared to the three girls.

But yeah shes still my second fav LI from this AVN.

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I can't speak for everyone, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Amrit has never been in a serious relationship in her life. So even if she does have a good head on her shoulders for her age, there is an emotional maturity that is missing because all of those feelings for other people are still so new to her. And speaking of not being in control of her desires, dating her coach and mentor is not a very wise or grown-up decision (though that goes for the MC as well), since it negatively impacts her career and their budding relationship. I think that her extraordinary self-confidence makes her appear very mature, yes, but underneath that visage she is still not very experienced at life.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

How about the fact that she can't take a no for an answer like a little baby?
You either have to be an asshole to her or reject her 3 time(if I remember correctly) for her to stop bugging you about a sexual relationship with Valentine.

Dec 29, 2018
How about the fact that she can't take a no for an answer like a little baby?
You either have to be an asshole to her or reject her 3 time(if I remember correctly) for her to stop bugging you about a sexual relationship with Valentine.
That would also apply to some of the women who are labelled as mature, like Serena, who handles rejection so poorly that everyone at the start of the game is asking you what you did to make her so angry. She also goes on to ask you out again, so I would think that she'd also get flak for not being able to take no for an answer, but somehow she's mature and Amrit is immature.

It's just the inconsistency here that's throwing me off.

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes