VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
That would also apply to some of the women who are labelled as mature, like Serena, who handles rejection so poorly that everyone at the start of the game is asking you what you did to make her so angry. She also goes on to ask you out again, so I would think that she'd also get flak for not being able to take no for an answer, but somehow she's mature and Amrit is immature.

It's just the inconsistency here that's throwing me off.
That's why I don't even deal with her on my main run. Plus, she's BFF with Els, who is my fav.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
That would also apply to some of the women who are labelled as mature, like Serena, who handles rejection so poorly that everyone at the start of the game is asking you what you did to make her so angry. She also goes on to ask you out again, so I would think that she'd also get flak for not being able to take no for an answer, but somehow she's mature and Amrit is immature.

I said nothing about Serena, what's my comment has to do with it?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Armpit is in her 20s like Vi and Ines. They have very little experience in life and sexual relationships.
Els, Reena and Kana are in their 30s and have experience in relationships and life.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Armpit is in her 20s like Vi and Ines. They have very little experience in life and sexual relationships.
Els, Reena and Kana are in their 30s and have experience in relationships and life.
Els and MC are both 28, if i remember correctly. At least Els is 28, as she was 18 when she enlisted and was in the military for 10 years.

Reactions: maroek

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
MC, Els, Renie, Kana and McNab are all late 20s.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Reactions: MartinKrpan
Dec 29, 2018
I said nothing about Serena, what's my comment has to do with it?
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear earlier when I asked the question.

When people talk about which characters are most suited to Valentine, they often list the younger ones (Amrit, Ines, Viridiana) as immature and the older ones (Elspeth, Kana, Serena) as mature, which we can again see in the comment made by the guy just below yours. I was just confused by that common grouping because I don't really see a ton of difference between them, since they share a lot of the same immature behaviour. Amirt and Serena both keep after you after you reject them, Ines and Elspeth are both pretending to be people that they aren't, and so on. So I was specifically looking for things that divide the two categories.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear earlier when I asked the question.

When people talk about which characters are most suited to Valentine, they often list the younger ones (Amrit, Ines, Viridiana) as immature and the older ones (Elspeth, Kana, Serena) as mature, which we can again see in the comment made by the guy just below yours. I was just confused by that common grouping because I don't really see a ton of difference between them, since they share a lot of the same immature behaviour. Amirt and Serena both keep after you after you reject them, Ines and Elspeth are both pretending to be people that they aren't, and so on. So I was specifically looking for things that divide the two categories.
I can only speak for myself when I say, Amrit is annoying and immature.
Something else I remembered, she actually moaned about no longer being the special "little sister like" of the house since Vi arrived.
Really? Vi lost the last member of her family and got no one and nowhere to live but you worry about your special house status? Sounds like a little kid to me.

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
I can only speak for myself when I say, Amrit is annoying and immature.
Something else I remembered, she actually moaned about no longer being the special "little sister like" of the house since Vi arrived.
Really? Vi lost the last member of her family and got no one and nowhere to live but you worry about your special house status? Sounds like a little kid to me.
You are entitled to feel annoyed by her as much as u want. But calling her immature ? She's a 20 year old that fights for money to help out her mom and family, she's been through a shitload of stuff and still is most of the time happy and chipper. As to your example, she said she feels jealous about the fact that Valentine and VI are close to each other, but immediately called herself rude and bitchy for feeling that way. If acknowledging your feelings are wrong is not a sign of maturity..I dont't know what is.
It's ok for you to not like her and that's why everything she does feels bad to you, but learn to make some differences.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
Oddly enough, I'd use that very same conversation as an example of why she is (relatively) mature.

That conversation happens after the first movie night where Valentine and Viridiana both fall asleep. Valentine notices that Amrit looks like someone who wants to say something but isn't sure that they should. So he encourages her to talk and she opens up about how she's noticed how different he is with Viridiana around. She says "You're comfortable around her, you relax. The entire time I've known you, I think you've let me be that close to you maybe seven times. And only when you instigate. If I do, you move away."

Valentine denies it, but then immediately starts to second guess himself and wonders if she's right and he has been doing that. Then he asks her if she's jealous, and she admits it right away. There's no denial or anything. She says "So what? I know it's silly. And right now, Vi is in a bad place and you're helping her out. I'm just being silly. I got used to being the household little sister. And I feel rude and bitchy for even saying that with everything she has going on."

Everybody has moments where they feel jealous, insecure, scared, or whatever. What separates the mature from the immature is how you deal with them. An immature person who was jealous of someone else would do stuff like try to exclude them from the group, make passive-aggressive comments, and would never admit to actually being jealous. Amrit doesn't do any of that. She's been doing her best to make Viridiana welcome, and when she does start to get jealous at how Viridiana can get Valentine to open up and be at ease, all she does is have a private conversation with him where she admits to her problem and works through it.

That conversation ends with Valentine asking her to please talk to him if something is bothering her, because he wants nothing but the best for her. Which is what kickstarts the conversation about dating, and her making a move on Valentine. That's another thing some people see as immature, but I find that in the given context its not so black and white. Sure, dating your coach is almost always a bad idea, especially if your coach is a known womanizer, but in this very specific situation it might not be the worst thing in the world (depending on how you play Valentine).

Valentine has never done anything but make her life better and treat her with respect. The first time she took a chance on him was back when her friend encouraged her to go with him to train under him, and that paid off in a big way. Now she's got to know him fairly well, she wants more. She knows that this could go badly, but sees it as a chance worth taking rather than an immature fantasy about destiny and whatnot. Her first gamble on him was way bigger than this one, so is it really that crazy for her to take another chance on him?

If you do choose to keep things professional by letting her down easy, their conversation ends in a way that ever so slightly smooths out her unwillingness to take no for an answer.

Amrit: "You know, you've always been adamant that I should never give up on what I want."
Valentine: "..."
Valentine: "I have."
Amrit: "Just thought you should keep that in mind."
Amrit: "Good night coach."

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
She's been doing her best to make Viridiana welcome, and when she does start to get jealous at how Viridiana can get Valentine to open up and be at ease, all she does is have a private conversation with him where she admits to her problem and works through it.
You do present a very good argument here in Amrit's favour, and she does indeed deal with the Vi situation in a reasonably mature fashion.

Sure, dating your coach is almost always a bad idea, especially if your coach is a known womanizer, but in this very specific situation it might not be the worst thing in the world (depending on how you play Valentine).
I would argue that there are always tradeoffs when a business relationship dynamic is at play. Valentine is going to second guess himself when pushing her to train harder, wondering if it might affect their relationship. Amrit is going to wonder if he's going easy on her, or if he's going overboard to try and prove he isn't going to treat her like his girlfriend. There's just so much to balance and juggle that it becomes impossible to know each other's motivations (or even your own for that matter). The relationship and the coaching become intertwined and parts of both will suffer as a result.

Hopefully they are able to communicate and work through these problems, and in the end both Amrit's career and their love grow and are successful, so that they both look back on it as a positive experience. But tradeoffs and difficulties are inevitable, no matter how respectful and diligent they both are.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I would argue that there are always tradeoffs when a business relationship dynamic is at play. Valentine is going to second guess himself when pushing her to train harder, wondering if it might affect their relationship. Amrit is going to wonder if he's going easy on her, or if he's going overboard to try and prove he isn't going to treat her like his girlfriend. There's just so much to balance and juggle that it becomes impossible to know each other's motivations (or even your own for that matter). The relationship and the coaching become intertwined and parts of both will suffer as a result.

Hopefully they are able to communicate and work through these problems, and in the end both Amrit's career and their love grow and are successful, so that they both look back on it as a positive experience. But tradeoffs and difficulties are inevitable, no matter how respectful and diligent they both are.
Disagree about this part at least regarding to the training.

There is no going easy, this was shown when Valentine trained Kana while being on her path. If you want to get trained by him, you have to be ready to get broken to learn to never break again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
There is no going easy, this was shown when Valentine trained Kana while being on her path.
Kana is an interesting comparison, but the problem with using her as an analogy is that while those two may be in a romance, with Kana there is no financial relationship at play. Valentine simply wants to help her without any payment requested or offered. I don't know the specifics of Amrit's contract with Valentine, but the way it usually works is that the coaching/training staff gets a percentage of what the athlete earns. And money is always going to throw a wrench into things. There's just no getting around it.

The second issue is that it's not about the actions themselves, but each person's perceptions of such. Valentine may keep to his strict regiment, yes, but Amrit may start to wonder if he's enjoying it a bit too much after they've had an argument, because perhaps it's a way for him to vent his anger? Or Valentine may bring that hard-ass attitude into their private life, and not let her enjoy herself as much as she wants to during their time off. And because her coach is her boyfriend, she can't get away from that constant pressure. So she starts doing fun stuff without him around, which is obviously not great for their relationship. There are just so many potential pitfalls and emotionally charged problems that can arise, that it should be clear why very few such attempts at combining business and romance succeed.

Reactions: maroek

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Kana is an interesting comparison, but the problem with using her as an analogy is that while those two may be in a romance, with Kana there is no financial relationship at play. Valentine simply wants to help her without any payment requested or offered. I don't know the specifics of Amrit's contract with Valentine, but the way it usually works is that the coaching/training staff gets a percentage of what the athlete earns. And money is always going to throw a wrench into things. There's just no getting around it.
I don't think Valentine gives a shit about Amrit paying him. He makes good money on his own and he isn't the materialistic type anyway. Plus they all corner each other as well. It would be different if he was only a coach, then he of course would need to be paid, but in the current situation I don't think that's the case.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

The second issue is that it's not about the actions themselves, but each person's perceptions of such. Valentine may keep to his strict regiment, yes, but Amrit may start to wonder if he's enjoying it a bit too much after they've had an argument, because perhaps it's a way for him to vent his anger? Or Valentine may bring that hard-ass attitude into their private life, and not let her enjoy herself as much as she wants to during their time off. And because her coach is her boyfriend, she can't get away from that constant pressure. So she starts doing fun stuff without him around, which is obviously not great for their relationship. There are just so many potential pitfalls and emotionally charged problems that can arise, that it should be clear why very few such attempts at combining business and romance succeed.
Money troubles or problems could occure the same way no matter if they are lovers or only friends who live together and can destroy good friendships. Mind you, the three of them own a (huge) house together already, Amrit isnt just living there for free or for rent. So these kind of problems could occur anyway but it doesnt looks like it considering their characters.

But they are way too close already anyway for a professional work relationship, no matter if they have sex or not and it seems to work.

But in this case i strongly doubt that valentine and mcnab get even paid by amrit, they are more like a household and everyone pays their share. McNab and Valentine arent paying each other for training either and McNab is the "official coach?" of valentine during valentines fights.

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes