VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Money troubles or problems could occure the same way no matter if they are lovers or only friends who live together and can destroy good friendships. Mind you, the three of them own a (huge) house together already, Amrit isnt just living there for free or for rent. So these kind of problems could occur anyway but it doesnt looks like it considering their characters.

But they are way too close already anyway for a professional work relationship, no matter if they have sex or not and it seems to work.

But in this case i strongly doubt that valentine and mcnab get even paid by amrit, they are more like a household and everyone pays their share. McNab and Valentine arent paying each other for training either and McNab is the "official coach?" of valentine during valentines fights.
Actually the mansion belongs to Valentine and McNab, not Amrit. That's mentioned on the radio interview.
There's no mention of any type of payment for neither Valentine, nor McNab for Amrit's training, or even accomodations. The author wrote about Amrit sending money to her mother but that's that. IMHO, that is irrelevant for an AVN. But of course, it would be quite unfair two those guys to invest so much to her, yet getting nothing in return.

Reactions: RoryTate

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I don't think Valentine gives a shit about Amrit paying him. He makes good money on his own and he isn't the materialistic type anyway. Plus they all corner each other as well. It would be different if he was only a coach, then he of course would need to be paid, but in the current situation I don't think that's the case.
Mind you, the three of them own a (huge) house together already, Amrit isnt just living there for free or for rent.

But in this case i strongly doubt that valentine and mcnab get even paid by amrit, they are more like a household and everyone pays their share.
Like I said before: I don't know for certain the details of their contract, or if any financial agreement even exists, and it's likely the dev won't bother delving into that unneeded detail. However, considering that Amrit stands to make money likely in the range of seven figures from match winnings and sponsorship deals if she makes it to the top, which would only happen in large part due to the professional training and connections offered by Valentine, I don't see that being given away for nothing. Valentine would have to lack any business skills if that was all being done for free. And Amrit would have to be a giant leech. And entitled. Plus selfish. I might even call her patronizing for good measure.

And as far as owning the house, I'm pretty sure Valentine jokes when adopting the cat that he already has three strays – Amrit, Vi, and Ines – living there. So I think only he and McNab are paying for the house, since he doesn't call any of them "renters" or "owners". Now I can understand letting Ines and Vi stay for free temporarily while they get back on their feet. And if there is already a good contract in place to share Amrit's earnings it makes sense to just throw accommodations in there as well. But if Amrit is getting all that fame and fortune for free, plus a place to stay, and access to training equipment all unpaid, where she only has to buy food, then I'm sorry to have to say it but Valentine is getting taken to the cleaners.

Once again: money is always going to throw a wrench into things. If you think otherwise...well, it reminds me of that saying about poker. "If after ten minutes at the poker table you don't know who the mark is, then you're the mark." If you want to imagine that you won't get taken advantage of because you're such a nice person to others, then congratulations, you've become a mark. Valentine strikes me as too seasoned and practical to allow that to happen.

Reactions: dawlben

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Like I said before: I don't know for certain the details of their contract, or if any financial agreement even exists, and it's likely the dev won't bother delving into that unneeded detail. However, considering that Amrit stands to make money likely in the range of seven figures from match winnings and sponsorship deals if she makes it to the top, which would only happen in large part due to the professional training and connections offered by Valentine, I don't see that being given away for nothing. Valentine would have to lack any business skills if that was all being done for free. And Amrit would have to be a giant leech. And entitled. Plus selfish. I might even call her patronizing for good measure.

And as far as owning the house, I'm pretty sure Valentine jokes when adopting the cat that he already has three strays – Amrit, Vi, and Ines – living there. So I think only he and McNab are paying for the house, since he doesn't call any of them "renters" or "owners". Now I can understand letting Ines and Vi stay for free temporarily while they get back on their feet. And if there is already a good contract in place to share Amrit's earnings it makes sense to just throw accommodations in there as well. But if Amrit is getting all that fame and fortune for free, plus a place to stay, and access to training equipment all unpaid, where she only has to buy food, then I'm sorry to have to say it but Valentine is getting taken to the cleaners.

Once again: money is always going to throw a wrench into things. If you think otherwise...well, it reminds me of that saying about poker. "If after ten minutes at the poker table you don't know who the mark is, then you're the mark." If you want to imagine that you won't get taken advantage of because you're such a nice person to others, then congratulations, you've become a mark. Valentine strikes me as too seasoned and practical to allow that to happen.
I find it highly unlikely that this money discussion will ever actually take place in the game, it's just not needed. IRL it may be different, but it's a game. There are more important things to focus on. iirc the only related thing that was mentioned is Ines paying rent, that's it.

Dec 29, 2018
iirc the only related thing that was mentioned is Ines paying rent, that's it.
Ines is paying the same amount of rent as Amrit, and it's a little bit less than what Ines would spend in dorms.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once again: money is always going to throw a wrench into things.
The lines are already blurred. Valentine isn't just her coach, he's also her friend, her landlord, and her roommate. They even go on vacations together. Their careers are already intertwined, as shown by the promoter trying to use Amrit's fight as an incentive for Valentine to agree to fight for them in their beach event. And everything is going as well as it possibly could. Things are going so well, that you have to consider the possibility that perhaps it's partly because they aren't strictly professional.

You also need to remember that purely professional relationships also have their downsides. Someone who is strictly in it for the money could be tempted to encourage their fighter to take a fight they couldn't win just to get one last big payday out of them before they discard them for the next big thing. Or just keep milking them for all their worth until they aren't worth a dime because their body has broken down.

Is it risky to get romantically involved with your coach? Yes. Do most of these relationship end poorly? Yes. Is it guaranteed to be a disaster? No. There's always a chance for it to be an outlier. Which is what this most likely will be.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Ines is paying the same amount of rent as Amrit, and it's a little bit less than what Ines would spend in dorms.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good catch. I don't remember that scene, likely because it's behind specific dialog choices with Ines that I did not select. Looks like I read too much into the "strays" comment by Valentine.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Good catch. I don't remember that scene, likely because it's behind specific dialog choices with Ines that I did not select. Looks like I read too much into the "strays" comment by Valentine.
it's his type of joking about gathering house full of ppls.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Damn, how long does it take to render these 39 renders and 4 animations :>

I thought we would get it this weekend
Few hours per render and animations can take anywhere from 10 hours to several days depending on size.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Heya, Checking in.

44 minutes ago

Early morning here so I'm crashing in a moment, but I just wanted to make an appearance.
I'll be having a small art stream in Discord for about two hours Saturday the 8th at 2pm Pacific time. It will be open to everybody, just a small thank you for your patience as I go through my artistic neurosis with the update. So feel free to drop in if you'd like, you can ask questions or just hang. Fair warning, but obviously it's end stage content and I'll be sort of jumping from file to file so I think I pretty strong spoiler warning would be in effect.
Not much else to say atm, just plugging away best I can. I'm just as excited to get this finished as you folks are to play it. I really do appreciate your patience when we're all finished I'm going to have to do something extra special just to show how much it really means to me.
Alright I'm going to bed now, you guys have a lovely day and I'll see you folks tomorrow.
Sláinte.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes