VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

striker.js

Jan 13, 2022
I have to be honest here, that scene with E wasn't as good as I hoped it would be...Both characters acted cold and detached like they already did it countless times before, understandable for the Mc especially on a fuck boy path but her reactions and the way she was acting made it seem like it was just one of the many one night stands she had recently. There was no sensual approach to it and the whole thing felt quite mechanical, like a client sleeping with a lady of a redlight district instead of two lovers who were experiencing sex for the very first time. Just my take and honest feelings..

I think that other characters managed to express themselves better during such event, E was pretty cold and distant and took the intimity out of the experience, she was seemingly over comfortable and made it sound cheap and less exciting to put it in better words.

___

This scene alone managed to remove her completely from my top 3 of favorite characters and she was at the top of it till now
I agree, it would be nice to truly make love to her, but the scene reflects her current personality. She's recovering from PTSD and she is hurting inside. All of her walls are up and she is currently unable to let go and experience a high level of emotional intimacy. Think of her as a slowly blooming flower. She will open up with love and tenderness as her level of trust continues to grow.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I didn't like the animations in this update, but overall the update was amazing. The story, character development and deepening relationships were all incredible IMO. Awesome.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I get what you say but context matters. They come from a fight after a night out, the scene is aggressive and passionate, not some slow love making.
There was a massive buildup for this scene, it deserved a far better treatment in my opinion..And first times matter a lot, to me at least. All in all Elspeth 's first scene was a flop.

I agree, it would be nice to truly make love to her, but the scene reflects her current personality. She's recovering from PTSD and she is hurting inside. All of her walls are up and she is currently unable to let go and experience a high level of emotional intimacy. Think of her as a slowly blooming flower. She will open up with love and tenderness as her level of trust continues to grow.

I didn't like the animations in this update, but overall the update was amazing. The story, character development and deepening relationships were all incredible IMO. Awesome.
Yeah, the social interactions are usually well done in this game but the sex itself could use some more tenderness..Or maybe I just got old and soft and care more about the little details now.

Reactions: striker.js

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
o yeah it was, the ending was literally mommy dommy telling you that throuples are a big NONO and exiling you to ireland LOL
A) that was a polyamorous relationship with but 2 of the li's
B) and was but 1 path out of like 7 or 8 you could have chosen.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
for the people talking about a "harem" tag, KoGa3 ´s mod has a variable for love interest called "xx into girls" where XX is a love interest, and this variable, in my last playthough changed at least 11 times for Amrit and 5 times for Vi and Kana, so unless KoGa3 just added this variable himself, we all know what a variable like that means. AND if u dont like harem, my dude, u are not forced to play the harem path so why are u even complaining? why go out of ur way to call it stupid?
Having read the latest un-modded script, I can assure people that those variables were added and options to increment them were put there by the developer.

As for throuples, the developer has previously stated that there will be at least two, and perhaps three (depending on user input) for this game. Of course, if anyone doesn't like throuples, you don't have to make the choices that would cause them.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A word from the developer on Patreon:

A quick post release update

Thanks again for playing the game, really still doesn't feel real. I'm releasing a 6.1 update later, that has some art and line inconsistencies fixed. Nothing major, but just be aware that's coming.

Update will open to Blue belts tomorrow night around 9pm my time and Monday Night around the same time for White belts.

I'll be around this weekend squashing additional bugs and whatnot, and I have a boatload of special renders and customs to catch up on. Thanks to everybody who's had the patience for waiting on those. I'll be back early next week with a more in depth post about the next months and what you can expect for this next update cycle.

Also I'll mention it early, but our usual post update QnA will be on Sunday the 17th so mark the calendars if you want to be there.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Sláinte!

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I find it funny people think harem is inevitable. He expressed his belief that poly relationships are not tenable during his last game and made the one poly relationship he put in the game express that opinion quite well.

Last edited:

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I really love this game but was kind of disappointed with this update. The scenes with Vi walking through the woods seemed off, like the characters were just sloppily placed ontop of a mediocre background and didnt feel like the belonged with the scene.

Also both sex scenes were really meh for me. I hate when devs go out of the way to not show the good bits. Neither characters scene showed any penetration and was always hidden behind some arm or leg, I just fucking hate hiding the best part.

I guess I just wanted more feels out of them and just didnt scratch my itch.

Els is my favorite character and I worry that we just had such a big chapter with her that its going to be a while before she gets good screentime again, and I'm starting to lose it over not making much progress with learning about her. For how demanding of people she is to be open and true, her character flaw of locking her own shit away is seriously in your face, and I wish we had the opportunity to really call her out on it, not just banter but actually let her have it that if you want to be true friends and partners its a two way street. I really hope that is coming soon.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, I get it. It's really hard work, mentally and physically, to download such a game. You need to press a button and wait for a few minutes, definitely not worth it.
I guess you just needed to criticize me? Hope you're happy, now. Glad I could help you with that.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018

Apart from that, this update had some great stuff with Vi as well, and I really enjoyed the way MC was able to support and get closer with Amrit and McNab. The morning after chat with Kana was also quite endearing, both before and during cooking breakfast, though content focusing on her was quite limited, which is understandable considering the temporary change in setting to participate in the matches. Honestly, I've really grown to care about all of the characters in this game, and I want to see them succeed and have great lives, in whatever different endings are available for the player to choose.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Also both sex scenes were really meh for me. I hate when devs go out of the way to not show the good bits. Neither characters scene showed any penetration and was always hidden behind some arm or leg, I just fucking hate hiding the best part.
Your opinion.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just finished the recent update (which was chunky, not surprised, since STWA's updates normally are, but still it's great in terms of length and content), and holy smokes.
I loved it.

Elspeth and Viridiana got the spotlight in this update, and I especially loved that Elspeth (my favorite girl!) got a lot of attention in this update.

By the way, STWAdev, not sure others have pointed out in your discord (or here, haven't checked the other posts before mine), but there does seem to be a bit of inconsistency with the renders in 2 scenes;

First of all Alistair:

My guess is that is a bit of a hiccup, which you'd like to correct before the next update.

The other one, this one is a bit less obvious especially to those who are on non-Viridianna path;

Otherwise, thanks for another great update, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Reactions: ElectronicRoberts

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
Playing this game I realised I like girls with long hair. I kept trying to picture what each girl would look like with more hair, became kinda distracting. still a decent game, not much going on plotwise, a lot of nothing conversations. but I still enjoyed it.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Man, all girls are great but I have a hard time choosing Els or Vi, they are my favorite ones. I really hope that IF there is a throuple path, like it had on The Writer, it is with Els and Vi. Ines is great too, and I guess Ines+Vi is a real path, but damn, give me a Els + Vi path, please, hahaha! Great update as always!

Reactions: The Bush Diver
4.70 star(s) 112 Votes