VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
Your recollections are correct about the business relationship between the two of them, and that's honestly what prevented me from choosing Amrit's path as well. Her career and success are established immediately as being very important to the MC, so it just made sense to not mix business and pleasure with her. I mean, she's an adult and capable of making mature decisions, so there's no reasonable concern about a "power imbalance" or anything like that. However, starting a romance with her just felt like something that could distract both her and the MC from her training/career, especially given that this is her first relationship and all.

And speaking of Amrit's inexperience in the romance arena, I wouldn't be surprised if playing around with her and then choosing someone else has negative consequences on her fighting career in the story. Anyone who remembers back to their first significant relationship and breakup will understand that it's not an easy thing to manage through emotionally. So realistically speaking, it should be something that a mature MC takes responsibility for when plucking at her heartstrings so casually. Even moreso considering her mother's poor health and the likelihood of losing family soon. I suspect Amrit is going to need a strong support team, and to be at her absolute best, if she is to meet her career goals given the adversities she is facing.
I agree with everything you said but I am planning, at least for my main save, an Amrit ending. That's why I don't see a reason to rule her out. MC will be there for her, for her career, for her family issues, for her love life. I think Amrit will be very good friends with Aoife and Chris. :giggle:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
All these folks talking about leaving out Amrit or Vi or Ines: have you heard of the "save" function and "branching"? It's this amazing thing that allows you to play one route with one set of strict rules about "who", and then also allows to you play alternate routes that changes the dynamics and provides for an expanded panoply of interactions with all of the other LIs, and provides you with a means of honoring ALL of the hard work of the Dev. It's almost like magic! ;):LOL::devilish:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
All these folks talking about leaving out Amrit or Vi or Ines: have you heard of the "save" function and "branching"? It's this amazing thing that allows you to play one route with one set of strict rules about "who", and then also allows to you play alternate routes that changes the dynamics and provides for an expanded panoply of interactions with all of the other LIs, and provides you with a means of honoring ALL of the hard work of the Dev. It's almost like magic! ;):LOL::devilish:
that's why I said on my main save I leave them out and manwhore save is for the others unsure if id make a single save or not for them yet. Maybe Amrit cause she is one of the better developed characters imo.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
all these folks never played the dev's previous game either, coz more than likely we'll have the same ending here... MC can play around all he wants during the whole game, and at the end he will be forced to make a decision as to who will he end up with. So there is no reason to reject anyone.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
all these folks never played the dev's previous game either, coz more than likely we'll have the same ending here... MC can play around all he wants during the whole game, and at the end he will be forced to make a decision as to who will he end up with. So there is no reason to reject anyone.
I still haven't played it (this one was already to Pt2 or Pt3 when I got into it). May need to go back and grab it - many of the newer things I've picked up lately have been a disappointment and I'm almost caught up on my continuing VNs, except for the ones that I have to replay because the Dev was a bonehead and changed Ren'Py versions halfway through...

• Haha
Reactions: cxx
Oct 10, 2022
I played the Author then decided give it a shot, never regretted that decision. I'd love to have a real life Amrit. Other LIs are all awesome too, maybe just Elspeth is not my cup of tea. ;)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I played the Author then decided give it a shot, never regretted that decision. I'd love to have a real life Amrit. Other LIs are all awesome too, maybe just Elspeth is not my cup of tea. ;)
Even tho I like Elspeth alot I do kind of think Kana, Amrit , VI , are better characters than Elspeth atm. As it feels like those 3 just have better character development atm imo and Elspeth needs more unless I just have a bad memory since I did mention I do need to replay this game. I can't even think what I like about Elspeth other than she is smart, and a really hot redhead haha. Just for you when I do replay this game on the next update I won't turn down Amrit and see if I change my mind about having her as a LI or not.

Oct 10, 2022
Even tho I like Elspeth alot I do kind of think Kana, Amrit , VI , are better characters than Elspeth atm. As it feels like those 3 just have better character development atm imo and Elspeth needs more unless I just have a bad memory since I did mention I do need to replay this game. I can't even think what I like about Elspeth other than she is smart, and a really hot redhead haha. Just for you when I do replay this game on the next update I won't turn down Amrit and see if I change my mind about having her as a LI or not.
She probably has her own demons but she is too closed to MC which makes me wary of her. She did not give character development a chance tbh. She has fair amount of screen time, we met her father, McNab is one of her oldest friend, MC works with her at veteran centre etc. but she does not share anything about herself and just dodge the attempts.
She is bad news with lots of baggage and filled with uncertainty, also she wants MC with ambiguous reasons not out of love. So if you ask me she is a hard pass.

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
She probably has her own demons but she is too closed to MC which makes me wary of her. She did not give character development a chance tbh. She has fair amount of screen time, we met her father, McNab is one of her oldest friend, MC works with her at veteran centre etc. but she does not share anything about herself and just dodge the attempts.
She is bad news with lots of baggage and filled with uncertainty, also she wants MC with ambiguous reasons not out of love. So if you ask me she is a hard pass.
I actually forgot about some of that yeah I can see why you would say that. I think im gonna wait till more revealed to make a decision on her which is why I been having fun with Kana and her at the same time. But yeah from a character pov Amrit does seem the best so far. I'm just not big on being a lover and mentor but i'm gonna ignore that on my next replay and see if I change my mind. As I find with AVN's alot of time I change my mind on some things the second time around.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
The only person in the VN who could feel "love" for the protagonist is Vi, but in a family sense, not a romantic one.

Relationships start based on attraction and not love, Elspeth is attracted to the protagonist, she told him that and made it clear what attracted her, their relationship is natural and real.

All the women around the protagonist are attracted to him, it is wrong to expect them to "love" the protagonist before having a long romantic relationship with him.

Everything you said about Elspeth wasn't what you observed, it was what the characters mentioned in the dialogue during the story, this is the construction of the character Elspeth.

You don't like Elspeth not because there's something wrong with her, but simply because you prefer someone else, if you pay attention, you'll notice that all LI are similar.

Oct 10, 2022
Relationships start based on attraction and not love, Elspeth is attracted to the protagonist, she told him that and made it clear what attracted her, their relationship is natural and real.

All the women around the protagonist are attracted to him, it is wrong to expect them to "love" the protagonist before having a long romantic relationship with him.
Clearly we see love very different ways and I am not gonna argue which one is true. I think and I believe love is a spectrum that starts with attraction and depending on a person how far it will go. Relationships can start with attraction among other things but will grow with love. At this point in the story, they are over the attraction point but I don't see love between them.

They are all attracted to MC that is correct but I definitely do not agree about your opinion to not expect love. There can't be a long romantic relationship if there is no love to begin with, after long romantic relationship people attune to each other. If they somehow run out of love to each other, they could not familiarise to each other then they break up. So initially we don't expect love but it is not true that love comes after long romantic relationship.

The only person in the VN who could feel "love" for the protagonist is Vi, but in a family sense, not a romantic one.
Why exactly? MC knows Amrit a long time, being a mentor to her. Could she not love him as a mentor? Elspeth knows MC at least a year, she keeps a photo of him with photos of important people to her. Could she not love him as a friend? MC helps Kana to get used to neighbourhood, tries to help her fight with her demons. Could she not love him as a person? How did you reach to that conclusion only Vi can love him and it's just family sense?

Everything you said about Elspeth wasn't what you observed, it was what the characters mentioned in the dialogue during the story, this is the construction of the character Elspeth.
I am not sure you are aware but this is an AVN, obviously what I think about something will come from what dev show to me and what dev told to me through other characters. This is how you create an idea btw, you get some info, think on it then create an idea about it.
Let's try to dissect what I told about her,
Fighting her own demons, where do I get that? Through her bloody daydreaming about her past, keeping people at arm's length, what he told about her family to MC and to Vi. I concluded she has some demons from her past to fight.
I mentioned the scenes with her like meeting her father, she is being around quite often etc. and also she is dodging questions. These are all facts from the game. Through that, I concluded she is the one that did not give chance to character development.
Having baggage comment is a tricky one but bear with me. I got previous 2 conclusions of mine and thought she has some issues from past and does not want to let MC in then I concluded she is having lots of baggage from her past and has to deal with them first.

So could please clarify what you mean by was not my observation but characters' mentioning? Are you talking about quote unquote thing, if so could you kindly refer that to me.

You don't like Elspeth not because there's something wrong with her, but simply because you prefer someone else, if you pay attention, you'll notice that all LI are similar.
What an assumption without knowing anything. I do not like Elspeth because there is something wrong with her. I believe that something is not worth MC to deal with. Yes, I do like some other characters, tbh I do like any other character before Elspeth, but you are absolutely wrong because even if I did not like any other, I would not like Elspeth anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimHawk

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
I don't know why this becomes a competition with people. It really doesn't matter who you like. There's a variety of girls so that hopefully in each game there's someone to apply to everybody. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Of course the more avid of the basement dwellers will argue that they are absolutely right and that you're an idiot and heretic if you don't agree, but whatever. For example, I run completely against type from a lot of you because I consider Amrit a total waste of time as an LI. Also, Vi is sweet but she really is more of the little sister vibe to me. You guys don't have to agree and I don't give a rat's ass and neither should you. Enjoy the game for yourself and you don't have to defend your preferences to anybody. In this respect alone, perhaps, the VN reflects real life.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't know why this becomes a competition with people. It really doesn't matter who you like. There's a variety of girls so that hopefully in each game there's someone to apply to everybody. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Of course the more avid of the basement dwellers will argue that they are absolutely right and that you're an idiot and heretic if you don't agree, but whatever. For example, I run completely against type from a lot of you because I consider Amrit a total waste of time as an LI. Also, Vi is sweet but she really is more of the little sister vibe to me. You guys don't have to agree and I don't give a rat's ass and neither should you. Enjoy the game for yourself and you don't have to defend your preferences to anybody. In this respect alone, perhaps, the VN reflects real life.
I honestly see defending your favorite LI part of the fun in some of these threads. As long as it doesn't get too hostile or toxic or trying to change someone's mind to get them to like your LI. But you are right it doesn't matter since you like who you like and it's just a game.

Edit : Also it's nice to see another person's point of view. Which tends to mostly come out when you defend your LI.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
There is no piece of art that is above criticism. And discussing a creative endeavour with others – even passionately – is the only way that people can find out things they might have missed when considering it. Yes, sometimes it can get a bit testy, but if we look at adult VNs or even just STWA: Unbroken specifically, I think everyone has a main LI or path that they consider canon in a game, and it's honestly a lot of fun to hear those different interests being shared. How much other people's opinions of your ideas matter to you is ultimately something you control. For example, if someone decides that having a favourite LI or storyline means you don't comprehend the concept of multiple save paths, you can always just choose to not respond and then move on with your day. It really is that simple.

One thing I've observed in many fan communities is that when people know – deep down – that what they like is objectively good, then they are consistently more open to hearing opposing viewpoints about it. However, when it is not well made, and people are unfortunately deluding themselves into just "appreciating" something because of sunk cost fallacy or similar motivation, then they tend to see criticism as an attempt to ruin their fun. But think about that for a second...how can someone else's thoughts make you stop liking something if it's actually good?

Mar 2, 2022

Quick and easy this week

As of writing 2657 renders are posed, 2605 rendered. Nothing fun or unique to discuss here, just average render stuff.

Animation tweaks at the same place, as the have been. Worked on as renders cook.

This is sort of the quiet part of development. Alas I can't hop in every week with some grand new scheme or interesting fact, my goal now is just getting as much work done as I can so I can get the update to you sooner.

Thank you as always for the support. I hope you have a lovely upcoming weekend.

Sláinte!

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
There is no piece of art that is above criticism. And discussing a creative endeavour with others – even passionately – is the only way that people can find out things they might have missed when considering it. Yes, sometimes it can get a bit testy, but if we look at adult VNs or even just STWA: Unbroken specifically, I think everyone has a main LI or path that they consider canon in a game, and it's honestly a lot of fun to hear those different interests being shared. How much other people's opinions of your ideas matter to you is ultimately something you control. For example, if someone decides that having a favourite LI or storyline means you don't comprehend the concept of multiple save paths, you can always just choose to not respond and then move on with your day. It really is that simple.

One thing I've observed in many fan communities is that when people know – deep down – that what they like is objectively good, then they are consistently more open to hearing opposing viewpoints about it. However, when it is not well made, and people are unfortunately deluding themselves into just "appreciating" something because of sunk cost fallacy or similar motivation, then they tend to see criticism as an attempt to ruin their fun. But think about that for a second...how can someone else's thoughts make you stop liking something if it's actually good?
Perhaps part of the devoted fan base find it enjoyable to nitpick and have exhaustive arguments over trivia and which girl is better, or why the other person is wrong in their thoughts and feelings, but the rabid inflexibility of people and their desire to impose their views on others to me in these forums is both unnecessary and tiresome. Some threads are so unable to accept viewpoints that vary from unthinking adulation of some character or plot point that it's simply not worthwhile to venture opinions of any kind that are contrary to the cult mantra. The Eternum thread is a great example of this. I don't think it's fun. I think it's childish and stupid, and while I enjoy these games as a diversion and have my own preferences I'm appalled by the amount of time and emotional energy(and vitriol) that some people spend glorifying a cartoon. I feel that people should just enjoy these games for what they are, feel comfortable in their own preferences, and indulge in their kinks and fantasies in a judgment free zone. Maybe it just gives people something to do in between releases, but fighting over these games strikes me as the opposite of what they're designed for. Opinions differ. I respect yours. I even understand it. I just don't agree with it.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes