Modder
Feb 20, 2021
and VI with her (not yet introduced,atleast at my playthrough ) friend ines

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Characters have been introduced and none of them have that same vibe and closeness that Lyndie and Aoife did.
Not really a fair comparison, seems to me Vi and Ines might be just as close if not closer, but Ines just got introduced in the story while Lyndie and Aiofe had much more content to show these things since that VN is completed.
You wouldn't base L & A's closeness on their first scenes alone either... Much dept was built in later scenes.
Even now it's clear V & I are besties and despite Ines trying to seduce the MC she does it to protect Vi, maybe there's her own interest too but it's definitely not some backstabbing action, yes, these girls are competitive but they have each others backs.
There's even some likeness between these pairs imho... Each has a fan of sorts and a protector ;)

Dec 29, 2018
I love monogamy too but I don't think the MC does... At least so far in his life he and monogamy don't seem overly familiar.
Monogamy has been set up as an end goal from the start. Back in the first chapter, the main character could make a joke to his friend that he could always "find a cute little thing afterwards and fuck the pain away". His friend responds with "Didn't we already discuss that casual sex is an unhealthy coping mechanism?" So it isn't like the MC is one of those people that believes marriage is for suckers and just wants to play the field forever.

This recent update seems to confirm that the MC's promiscuity is a fairly recent and unhealthy coping mechanism, so I fully expect him to be able to get a white picket fence ending with one of the ladies. Although, I could be mistaken about that, because the game is doing that annoying thing where it hides important information about the main character's past from the player. Maybe we will learn that he had a tragic romantic fling with the freedom fighter with giant bazookas, or maybe it's something else, but the last conversation with McNab was quite telling.

I'm patiently awaiting the moment where he and Amirt inevitably realize that they both have deeper feeling for each other. They seem like the best couple to me. I feel bad for breaking Viri's heart and all, but she's just too much of a dependant for me to see her as a romantic partner. Ines doesn't have anything special with the MC, and has all the baggage of being Viri's best friend, so that's a hard pass. And there's no chance I'm doing anything with Mary Sue, as I'm already quite sick of her constant attempts to play mind games with everyone.

Sep 3, 2020
Monogamy has been set up as an end goal from the start. Back in the first chapter, the main character could make a joke to his friend that he could always "find a cute little thing afterwards and fuck the pain away". His friend responds with "Didn't we already discuss that casual sex is an unhealthy coping mechanism?" So it isn't like the MC is one of those people that believes marriage is for suckers and just wants to play the field forever.

This recent update seems to confirm that the MC's promiscuity is a fairly recent and unhealthy coping mechanism, so I fully expect him to be able to get a white picket fence ending with one of the ladies. Although, I could be mistaken about that, because the game is doing that annoying thing where it hides important information about the main character's past from the player. Maybe we will learn that he had a tragic romantic fling with the freedom fighter with giant bazookas, or maybe it's something else, but the last conversation with McNab was quite telling.

I'm patiently awaiting the moment where he and Amirt inevitably realize that they both have deeper feeling for each other. They seem like the best couple to me. I feel bad for breaking Viri's heart and all, but she's just too much of a dependant for me to see her as a romantic partner. Ines doesn't have anything special with the MC, and has all the baggage of being Viri's best friend, so that's a hard pass. And there's no chance I'm doing anything with Mary Sue, as I'm already quite sick of her constant attempts to play mind games with everyone.
I'm hoping for a white picket fence ending with Elspeth
but we're still at the beginning of our relationship

we have to get to know each other first and build that Bond
personally I don't care who her friend is fuck him

the other girls are way too immature and

my interactions with them feel more like a dad
taking care of his kids

I find it hard to see myself raising a family with any of them

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

taking care of his kids

if her focking rich family approves you ....
this screams "drama" from a mile away :ROFLMAO:

edit :
Vidal the king of Pervert
btw - i find her really annoying with all her questions like "when was your first kill" etc

what does she get from it? writing a book?

her character is not that "deep " as some suggest (atleast for now) (yeah yeah her brothers dead - so what ..)

and just because she has the biggest boobs , doesnt make her an LI for my mc :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
this screams "drama" from a mile away
Dunno that, seems to me she had some black sheep of the family experience allready and both her and MC share army experience plus MC isn't a random poor guy to begin with. Think Ines family will be a tougher crowd, if her family might allready go bonkers over a haircut bringing a bald fighter to them as little Ines new boyfriend is a guaranteed shocker.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I'm curious what's the meaning of secrecy points with Elspeth. There are different interactions if you have more secrecy than trust points, but you can still romance her I think?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I'm curious what's the meaning of secrecy points with Elspeth. There are different interactions if you have more secrecy than trust points, but you can still romance her I think?
i think its related to how open/honest she answers questions

like this

if secrecy is higher than her trust

if elspethtrust < elspethsecrecy:
$ knowelspethbrotherdead = "False"
$ knowbikebelongstoelsbrother = "False"

if secrecy is lower than her trust

if elspethtrust >= elspethsecrecy:
$ knowbikebelongstoelsbrother = "True"

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144 and haooni

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
btw - i find her really annoying with all her questions like "when was your first kill" etc

her character is not that "deep " as some suggest (atleast for now) (yeah yeah her brothers dead - so what ..)
Probably since she's leading a centre for veterans.... She, McNab and MC all are involved in it someway and they all know each of them has his/her share of traumatic experiences. Both her family and McNab and Mc are involved financially in the centre....
And McNab and Elspeth both try to get MC to join talk groups aswell since he's been avoiding those...
Her asking questions like that really doesn't seem weird to me, she knows he has to talk about these things sometimes.

Reactions: v1900 and haooni

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not really a fair comparison, seems to me Vi and Ines might be just as close if not closer, but Ines just got introduced in the story while Lyndie and Aiofe had much more content to show these things since that VN is completed.
You wouldn't base L & A's closeness on their first scenes alone either...
I did clarify that.

These are only short stories, by 3 episodes in we were about half way through the first game and it was already well established in the first couple of episodes that Lyndie and Aoife were very close.

Here everyone has their own shit going on and don't seem close at all.

By episode 3 of The Author we could start working towards the throuple ending.

well you know... Elspeth and Alistair knew each other since they were kids.
Not quite what people are talking about with regards to a throuple.

Unless you want double sausage in your sex scenes?

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

taking care of his kids

this screams "drama" from a mile away :ROFLMAO:

edit :
Vidal the king of Pervert

and just because she has the biggest boobs , doesnt make her an LI for my mc :ROFLMAO:
Probably since she's leading a centre for veterans.... She, McNab and MC all are involved in it someway and they all know each of them has his/her share of traumatic experiences. Both her family and McNab and Mc are involved financially in the centre....
And McNab and Elspeth both try to get MC to join talk groups aswell since he's been avoiding those...
Her asking questions like that really doesn't seem weird to me, she knows he has to talk about these things sometimes.
I don't know... Elspeth feels like that kid who thinks she's really deep and asks meaningful questions at inappropriate times (that buzzkill who, when you choose Truth, asks you an unanswerable question about world poverty rates) but really is just hiding her insecurity by provoking other people. I think she is beautiful but her guarded, mind game BS is not worth dealing with; then there's her family to deal with, the fact that she's McNab's childhood friend, and even more baggage.

She asks questions she has no right to hear the answers to... She never shares anything about herself that matters and no the fucking motorcycle doesn't matter - it's not like it is a real secret. She asks the MC to not tell anyone about it, even McNab, but how would McNab not know about the bike? They grew up together so he should know of the existence of the vehicle (her dad and granddad both owned it before her), he probably would have some clue that it would be passed on if the motorcycle hasn't been wrecked. The whole thing feels like a "test" secret.

Overall, by background and maturity I find Kana to be the most interesting of the LI. She understands what the MC wants to do with his future, to be a champion fighter, she doesn't need to have experienced war to have a future relationship with him. She isn't all "movie night" and "clothes shopping" <squeal> like Vi and Amrit are (and I agree that Vi is too dependent and Amrit is too puppy love)... She isn't propositioning him right after his former best friend died (yes, I know I shouldn't hold that against Serena but fuck that was wrong timing and makes you wonder about her judgement), she isn't trying to "protect" anyone by propositioning the MC (Ines)...

Anyway, still too early to tell who is the best match but weirdly I am leaning away from the redheads and toward the woman who can put the MC in a sleeper hold.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
She asks questions she has no right to hear the answers to... She never shares anything about herself that matters and no the fucking motorcycle doesn't matter - it's not like it is a real secret. She asks the MC to not tell anyone about it, even McNab, but how would McNab not know about the bike? They grew up together so he should know of the existence of the vehicle (her dad and granddad both owned it before her), he probably would have some clue that it would be passed on if the motorcycle hasn't been wrecked. The whole thing feels like a "test" secret.
this for the bike - and i think even nab does not know

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I just hope that the characters don't act like the MC is going for a throuple even if you aren't going after one. It bugged the shit out of me in the author that everyone kept acting like you were going for a throuple with Aoife and Lyndie even though you only show interest in one of them.

I had no interest in Aoife and only wanted Lyndie but because there was a possible throuple your always stuck with Aoife being around and hogging screen time when I was only interested in Lyndie.

The fact that there is three possible throuples it's worrying me that the same thing will happen again and some of the women will have to share screen time with characters that I won't be interested in because they are both in a possible throuple pairing.

I suppose I will just have to wait and see how the story develops.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
this for the bike - and i think even nab does not know

How would McNab not know? They came from the same town, they grew up together, they know their families. They don't exist in a vacuum... Sure he may not know where the bike is but the "brotherdead" bit should be known to McNab. It seems more like she doesn't want the MC to know that her brother is dead and so doesn't want him to talk to McNab. It just feels like she is continually testing the MC's worthiness.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
How would McNab not know? They came from the same town, they grew up together, they know their families. They don't exist in a vacuum... Sure he may not know where the bike is but the "brotherdead" bit should be known to McNab. It seems more like she doesn't want the MC to know that her brother is dead and so doesn't want him to talk to McNab. It just feels like she is continually testing the MC's worthiness.
well with the right amount of points she tells you after the ride from the garage

but yeah - she´s constantly testing him - imo

Reactions: MrFriendly

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
These are only short stories, by 3 episodes in we were about half way through the first game and it was already well established in the first couple of episodes that Lyndie and Aoife were very close.
I'll chip in with my two cents on the matter. I understand the concern, but at this point we aren't even a fourth of the way into the story. We've barely scratched the surface of who many of these characters are, and how they view relationships. They're still developing and finding their footing.
Seems to me there's plenty of room still to tell the story about Vi and Ines further if you're reading the dev's quote.
I'll stand by my comment it's not fair to compare Aoife/Lyndie with Vi/Ines yet....
Sure maybe the throuple could start as soon as ep. 3 in the Author, but should it really matter if any throuple in Unbroken has a later start? As long the story is good like it is now it's no problem for me, i prefer the more gradually buildups especially if the story is good. And still atleast 75% more story to come is good enough for me ;)

Reactions: ename144

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
It seems more like she doesn't want the MC to know that her brother is dead and so doesn't want him to talk to McNab.
If your points with her are high enough you learn her brother died when she is talking with Vi in the pool.
I wouldn't so much look into it as Elspeth testing MC or not wanting him to know things, more likely it's a question of feeling safe enough with MC to share things like that or not. It would not surprise me if Elspeth's brother died in army service, if that's the case it's also a reason not to share that with MC since he's struggling with trauma himself, i.o.w. protecting him....
The situation with McNab is another one, they've been childhood friends and MC and McNab are army buddies, she possibly just wants to protect her relation with McNab...

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes