VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
only sweaty grunting when MC boxes or spars with other males
Well, that's enticing...

Honestly, I did not know that as I play nearly all Renpy games on mute. Canned, spammed sound just does not appeal to me. I can only think of one F95 game currently in production that I play with the sound on (Summer's Gone.)

Reactions: 7211aaron

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
That was a great update. Even if it seems like it lacks sex scenes, the whole character development aspect of various characters along with their motives just make the whole story way too engaging and endearing and since this is just the start of building relationships with everyone, the future holds alot of promise indeed. One of the few games where the story aspect is actually interesting instead of just the sexual stuff.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
I finally started this one. My biggest question so far is, "What the fuck took me so long to try this out?"

First of all, the renders are excellent. Top notch.

Also, this ties into The Author, which I enjoyed. What other games link here? Anyone?

I haven't finished the third part yet, but am thoroughly enjoying it. Man, so many great options in the love interests. I will definitely be scooting through a few different paths before it's all said and done.

Reactions: ksuha and VOYEUR

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nice update! I enjoyed getting to know more about the various girls, and the fight mechanics were interesting. The sex scenes were still confined to side characters, but they were well done overall (and no dream sequences!).

Kana's coaching of the MC was fun (though a little simplistic; MMA fighters aren't playing characters the way wrestlers are). I also liked Elspeth's motorcycle maintenance scene; I know some people find her secrecy irritating, but to me it comes across as a natural result of a person who's just very private. Amrit and Vi got some fun lines too. I have trouble seeing them as viable LIs when they seem so much less mature than the MC, but they make great foils as friends.

Ines fell flat to me, though: the virgin BFF who talks a big game was already done in the Author, and it wasn't my favorite there, either. I'm also not too keen on the larger role for head-Davis this time. He was fine in small doses, but I think the schtick feels forced when the MC is constantly interacting with him.

I also wish there was a written walkthrough available for the game. We get a lot of choices and there are apparently a lot of variables under the hood, but from this side of the screen it's very opaque. I don't mind roleplaying choices and seeing what happens, but that would be more fun with more feedback. The characters have fairly understated responses, and with no stats or similar visible changes, it's unclear just whether my choices are being interpreted by the game in the way I intend. It's a bit frustrating at times and makes the game feel more linear than it probably is.

But those are relatively minor complaints. The game is well worth playing and I'm excited to see what happens as things develop.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I also wish there was a written walkthrough available for the game.
Walkthrough mod is nice, allthough you'll have to take a guess as to wich stat does what at a certain point in the story.
But by comparing them when you get the choices you should have atleast some general idea...
You don't however get a scripted walkthrough like some other games have, guess there's not that many bad/good choices. ;)
Also the mod shows stats for all the main characters.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A few words (and pics) courtesy of Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTS 02/20/2022

One of the things that's difficult as a creator is realising that sometimes the scene you really like just doesn't have the place you thought it did in your update. The above renders are little snippets from a puppy that ended up being cut. I agonised until the last minute on it, but in the end I decided it was an acceptable cut. Still I made the renders so you get a little look. Those who've been Blue belts a while saw the original draft of this scene, built now with the update released and a little extra context you might glean some additional info on things... Welp that's it for me today. I'll be posting the special renders for Purple belts and higher this evening, or tomorrow morning if you're not in my timezone.

Thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 3.1] [STWAdev] – Compressed
This is an update of DearLegend37's compression. Direct your likes to their post if you haven't already.

Win/Linux Pt. 3.1 · · · (447.2 MiB :: 1.88 GiB)
Mac Pt. 3.1 · · · (431.7 MiB :: 1.86 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's a poll for best girl on Patreon, with current results:

Check In/Best Girl Poll 02/23/2022

Hey all,

Been a about a week and a half since release and wow just wow. I'm pretty heavily known in the community for constantly putting myself down and other such nonsense, but I can't right now. I just want to thank you all, this release went about as well as I could have hoped, and reception was very encouraging. Of course I'm a sourpuss and could find something to gripe about I suppose, but for once I'm gonna try to be a good boy and behave. Not only have we hit 300 patrons this release we've comfortably passed it, I'm still kind of in awe. Sorry if I'm rambling I just can't express how overjoyed I am. Thanks all of you.

So update is open to all tiers now, just in case you missed it, still tweaking some things on my end, but it's decent enough shape at the moment. Otherwise I'm enjoying my last week before hopping back into the grind. Building characters and sets, finishing up customs. Just making sure that everything is in order before we step once more unto the breach.

Now as our final piece of business it's time once again for the post release ranking vote! This time only main gals. Side girls will be next week. May the best girl win.

Thanks as always for your support and I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.

Sláinte!

Vi 24%
Amrit 14%
Elspeth 44%
Kana 11%
Ines 7%

105 votes total· 5 days left

So, is your girl winning? Or left in Elspeth's dust? She does have a very large plurality lead, but it's not a majority.

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hey all,

Been a about a week and a half since release and wow just wow. I'm pretty heavily known in the community for constantly putting myself down and other such nonsense, but I can't right now. I just want to thank you all, this release went about as well as I could have hoped, and reception was very encouraging. Of course I'm a sourpuss and could find something to gripe about I suppose, but for once I'm gonna try to be a good boy and behave. Not only have we hit 300 patrons this release we've comfortably passed it, I'm still kind of in awe. Sorry if I'm rambling I just can't express how overjoyed I am. Thanks all of you.

So update is open to all tiers now, just in case you missed it, still tweaking some things on my end, but it's decent enough shape at the moment. Otherwise I'm enjoying my last week before hopping back into the grind. Building characters and sets, finishing up customs. Just making sure that everything is in order before we step once more unto the breach.

Now as our final piece of business it's time once again for the post release ranking vote! This time only main gals. Side girls will be next week. May the best girl win.

Thanks as always for your support and I hope you have a lovely rest of the week.

Sláinte!

Vi 24%
Amrit 14%
Elspeth 44%
Kana 11%
Ines 7%

So, is your girl winning? Or left in Elspeth's dust? She does have a very large plurality lead, but it's not a majority.
What a surprise, best girl Elspeth is winning the poll :sneaky:

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

Hey all,

Sláinte!

Vi 24%
Amrit 14%
Elspeth 44%
Kana 11%
Ines 7%

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of love for redheads lately. It's like a ginger revolution.

For me

1. Amrit
2. Kana
3. Vi
4. Elspeth
5. Ines

Reactions: Ahx

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of love for redheads lately. It's like a ginger revolution.

For me

1. Amrit
2. Kana
3. Vi
4. Elspeth
5. Ines
Mine is: Vi, Kana, Amrit, Ines, Elspeth. Reason: Amrit would be number 1. But I'm old and not into heavy tats and piercings. Vi is number 1(2if Amrit didn't have the tats/piercings) cause I have a thing for "emotionally challenged " girls. I'm a CeCe fan in LOF. Also, I just plain enjoy the younger models, reminds me of college days.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Mine is: Vi, Kana, Amrit, Ines, Elspeth. Reason: Amrit would be number 1. But I'm old and not into heavy tats and piercings. Vi is number 1(2if Amrit didn't have the tats/piercings) cause I have a thing for "emotionally challenged " girls. I'm a CeCe fan in LOF. Also, I just plain enjoy the younger models, reminds me of college days.
Emotionally challenged is fine. Completely broken not so much. I liked Cece until the second attempt. I'm not big on tattoos on women but they can be ok. Piercings I typically like unless it gets extreme.

Of course, redheads rule the world. I just adore red-haired Sage, Nami, Selina, Elspeth and other red-haired goddesses.
Hair color isn't a big factor for me. I don't discriminate against any color or style. It just feels like they are the flavor of the month/year.

Would things change if Elspeth wasn't a ginger ?...

Okay, people look, I don't see how that was offensive.
Nah wouldn't matter to me. I go for personality over hair color. I like Elspeth just not as much as some of the others. Still early in the game though, so who knows which one will be my favorite when we get closer to the end.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Nah wouldn't matter to me. I go for personality over hair color. I like Elspeth just not as much as some of the others. Still early in the game though, so who knows which one will be my favorite when we get closer to the end.
I agree, mate.

I'm not attached to any of the characters yet either, early in the game and all that. Maybe Davis ?...don't know. If I had to choose I guess I'd take Amrit. She seems familiar, that's all....

...SHE IS ADORABLE...there it is.

Reactions: WhiteyG
4.70 star(s) 115 Votes