snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Well no matter how much terror resist you have, it's not gonna help against a different status effect. I just used grand revelry if I think they're gonna do something that changes my stance.
All status effects have a more severe version (in this case Terror is normal, Horror is severe) that typically only appears in Nightmare mode, and certain very specialized situations. Skills and items that protect against their normal version also protect against the severe version, but less so. Also in some cases, if you protect yourself against the severe version, you'll still get hit with the normal version instead.

How exactly do I make dlc work? I installed game and dlc, dropped "SuccubusAcademiaExpansion-v1_1_3-en" into main game folder but I think it doesn't detect it
Unzip the file and move all the data from the "www" folder in the zip into the game's folder of the same name. If you do it right, it'll ask you to confirm overwriting a bunch of files (do so).

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Didn't even stand a chance. Had to use a Hatter's key I (-100% willpower) to make this happen. So, yeah, this DLC definitely made the game waaayy easier. All notorious succubi were one-shot before they even finished their 1st stance, with the exception of Elfride (for some reason Focus II doesn't work properly during the 1st discipline).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: The Sprint photo should have really had a cooldown. You can sprint, make a move, sprint again... With the photo that makes the next one instant, and the photo that resets all photos, you can sprint 10 times in a single turn. I did over 400k mood by abusing this.
Also, it's kinda odd that the last boss received such a massive nerf to her mood bar. Did people complain that much that she was so hard? Like, I'm pretty sure she has less hp than Sophia now.

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Also, it's kinda odd that the last boss received such a massive nerf to her mood bar. Did people complain that much that she was so hard? Like, I'm pretty sure she has less hp than Sophia now.
Part of me expects she wasn't meant to be nerfed quite so hard. One thing I noticed is that I couldn't fight stats specifically for her in any of the files, while in the base game, she has her own stats, so she's likely using something from the generic stat options. Even then, I'm not sure which, specifically, either, but likely, yeah, the intent was to correct her a bit but it got overlooked after the old ones were taken out, and sorta indirectly over-corrected as a result.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Yeah, it's sad what happened to the last boss. But besides that, game needed some serious rebalancing with this DLC. I mean, I did have fun, but in a overpowered, feeling like I'm breaking the game kind of way. It's not right that on the hardest difficulty setting, I'm guaranteed to max out the mood bar of every boss in the first 3 turns (which is only 2 turns for them) a bunch of times over.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So wait, did the game get *that* much easier (in general) with the DLC "applied" (ergo overwriting some base game files), or am am I reading into things here?

Chaotics19

Aug 13, 2017
So wait, did the game get *that* much easier (in general) with the DLC "applied" (ergo overwriting some base game files), or am am I reading into things here?
Only when you get into the DLC contents, which unlocks at your 3rd life or instantly on a ng+. The combat doesn't seem to be terribly equipped to deal with the player having access to multiple powerful buffs effectively on command through the photo system, some of which are even instas, most are both on par with stance buffs that need to be charged, plus utility, so action economy is moderately ruined even with just expected photo uses. For reference, one of the mob photos from the DLC is just the ability to reliably and unconditionally increase your stance gauge, which basically just doesn't exist otherwise.

Reactions: Zippix

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Don't forget, even not considering the photos, the final boss is much easier now.

Maybe this video will help elucidate the level of absurdity I'm talking about:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It's the photos. For example, there is a photo that gives the same effect as sprint. Sure you can only use it three times per fight, but then there is another photo that resets the use count of all your photos (besides itself and it has 2 uses), another photo that makes your next photo instant (instant, 3 uses), photo that extends buffs(instant, 3 uses), photo that gives you 1 stance charge per turn (3 uses? but the battle will end before the first use will run out if you combo it with buff extension), non-dlc enemies get random buffs, bunny posted a particularly strong one recently, and some other strong stuff and you can carry 10 different photos with you. Mainly it's the combo of the sprint photo and the reset use photo letting you take 9-11 actions on your first turn. Without those two photos, it'd be a strong system but not crazy broken as you'd at least still have to deal with whatever the enemy is doing. Think about all the turns you spend healing or using items or veil or buffs. Don't need any of that with the photos. Pop regret and spend all those actions on attacking the enemy, there's pretty good odds you'll beat them before they get 1 turn.

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
The base game and the DLC is currently at a 30% discount and if you have a coupon available in your account, it's much cheaper.

Academia.png

Reactions: ss6

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Some bugs related to the photos. First of all, while I managed to reach 98% in my album, at some point as I take new photos, they just stop getting saved to the Album page in options. If they're active, I can still see that I have them during battles, and when I want to change active photos, but otherwise, it will appear in the album page in options that I have only 9 active photos.
I want to assume from this bug, that they never intended for you to reach 100% by photographing everyone outside of the DLC.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
If anyone wants some saves with all trophies and some really strong photos, here you go.

Save 13 is set before the final boss confrontation.
Save 14 is set in the basement after the final boss (this is the save with all trophies and everything).

The saves have to be put in www/save, while the photos have to be put in www/Thoughtography.

Minor note, Succubus-chan's photo is bugged and won't show in the Album window in options, but the photo still shows up in Album during fights, and it will still show if you're trying to swap it out (don't know why you would though, it's a pretty strong photo).

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
After a couple deaths, a torii gate appears in the classroom village. If you're on ng+, it's there immediately.

Samekh

Apr 7, 2018
are any of the mod enemies translated or can we actually meet them in the game or are they all only in japanese and only accessible in that gallery room place? Also I get this bug from the kunoichi only all the other mods I was able to get to appear in the gallery room spot and fight the enemy there but the kunoichi causes this error in the fight right after answering her question. Game_LGd7gmZK3U.png

Oppai Hunter

Feb 5, 2022
I got an error while defeating mayu , the screen sayd:-
Error
Uncaught TypeError : this.bitmap.setcurrentTime is not a function.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
(Sry for bad English)

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
are any of the mod enemies translated or can we actually meet them in the game or are they all only in japanese and only accessible in that gallery room place? Also I get this bug from the kunoichi only all the other mods I was able to get to appear in the gallery room spot and fight the enemy there but the kunoichi causes this error in the fight right after answering her question.
I did a few of the mods in the base game but they don't all work with the expansion quite right (notably, the Ayumu prologue mod breaks and was redone for the expansion, but I didn't go back and redo the translation, so that English mod only works on the original version). I also did the official Pixy and Phantom insert mods, the original Pixie mod, and an Undine mod that at the time I thought was an official one (it's not), and which I think work with the expansion, as well as Rybecia's extremely complex Mermaid "Deep Dive" mod, which to be honest I've never tested running with the expanded game. I'll stick some attachments below.

As for the Kunoichi mod, interesting you bring that up, as that's actually one I've done a little preliminary work on. It breaks in English due to some misplaced commas in the javascript, for some reason (which is weird, since translating to English shouldn't have any notable effect on that aspect). I only recently figured that out, and I've been meaning to go back and finally finish it, but between mucking about with another project, and just being kind of busy in general, I haven't had the opportunity (my real job slows down for me a bunch for a couple weeks after tomorrow though, so maybe Soon™?).

To use the mods attached, just copy any of them you want from the zip file into the game's www/mod folder. For the Phantom Insert mod, you will also need the image set created for that mod. I had to divide those into two sets to attach, unzip both sets into the www/img/pictures folder to use that one.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 19 Votes