Succubus Covenant - New Succubus Game (Demo Available Now!)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes
Oct 24, 2018
IIRC, they are adding japanese voices to characters, at least to the generals (like Dahlia and Gloriosa), which will be available in the next update. Right now the only succubus that is voiced is the one you encounter in the prologue, the white succubus Argeia.

thesandell

Feb 3, 2020
Hey, I downloaded the demo, and gave it a quick run through.

Pretty good work imo, I'm impressed, it's good to see a collection tab being added next patch too, I have a save file for each encounter xD

In my own play through, I really didn't care for Bunny much, but as it's all a WiP I'm down with it to see where it goes.

Are you taking any suggestions for potential succubus ideas? My friend saw me playing it and she wants to be a succubus :p

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next part

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

lolsmasher

Oct 25, 2019
Hello, ZoL!

I really enjoy the game, and while I'm currently unable to support you since Patreon only works with a credit card, which I do not have due to unfortunate circumstances, I would very much like to do so in another way, if that's possible at all.

Anyway, I heard that you're going to add/replace art in the game, but that's as much as I know. Will you be replacing the current succubus/angel character sprites (the models that you see during the conversations, battles, etc), or is this about other kinds of art? I love the current look of the succubi and angels, and it would be a loss if they end up looking different in the next update :|

Keep up the great work! Both you and Kain!

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hello, ZoL!

I really enjoy the game, and while I'm currently unable to support you since Patreon only works with a credit card, which I do not have due to unfortunate circumstances, I would very much like to do so in another way, if that's possible at all.

Anyway, I heard that you're going to add/replace art in the game, but that's as much as I know. Will you be replacing the current succubus/angel character sprites (the models that you see during the conversations, battles, etc), or is this about other kinds of art? I love the current look of the succubi and angels, and it would be a loss if they end up looking different in the next update :|

Keep up the great work! Both you and Kain!
Thank you!!!
-The art we are going to replace is the default Rpg Maker that I used for the story, like the faces you see in the conversation in the beginning of the game (prologue). None of the art already made by Kain (such as the angels and succubi) will change. The art made by Kain is the final one, so don't worry.
-Sprites are being made, but I will not include them this time around, since not all of them are finished and I can't have 2 types of sprites on the maps. The sprite replacement is something that I'll do in one single go when I have them all.
-I believe patreon also works with paypal, if you wish to support our work.

lolsmasher

Oct 25, 2019
Thank you!!!
-The art we are going to replace is the default Rpg Maker that I used for the story, like the faces you see in the conversation in the beginning of the game (prologue). None of the art already made by Kain (such as the angels and succubi) will change. The art made by Kain is the final one, so don't worry.
-Sprites are being made, but I will not include them this time around, since not all of them are finished and I can't have 2 types of sprites on the maps. The sprite replacement is something that I'll do in one single go when I have them all.
-I believe patreon also works with paypal, if you wish to support our work.
Well, that's great news! I was a bit worried there! I think the art is terrific! Kain's style fits the game perfectly!

"Don't fix what ain't broke"

As for PayPal, I'm completely unable to use my balance, which is way higher than the sub tier I'm trying to purchase, so that is not the issue. The problem is that they also require a credit card :/ PayPal typically functions like this with (certain) subscription based services, so if you don't have a credit card, you're locked out...

Is there no workaround? It's a shame that I can't support you and access your page despite having the money and the will to do so.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
We have ported the game to Mac. So if you are a Mac user, please consider supporting us on Patreon, the link is there.

UwU.x3

Feb 1, 2020
This was probably explained in the game, but how do you attach runes to the Sword of Adalon?

Oct 24, 2018
This month is all I can say, I put it between 25 - 31 this month. I hope I can make it. We are finishing an Overhaul of the art.
I had the misconception that this month we would only receive the reworked prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2 with the new art, voiced generals and animations. Glad to see that we will get all that plus chapter 3 this month. Definitely worth the wait. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: leghorn

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I had the misconception that this month we would only receive the reworked prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2 with the new art, voiced generals and animations. Glad to see that we will get all that plus chapter 3 this month. Definitely worth the wait. Keep up the great work.
I'm sorry, but chapter 3 will not come this month. Its production will start immediately after the release of the new version of the game coming this month.

TheWroth

Sep 15, 2018
Umas curiosidades (pode responder em Inglês.. se preferir xD)

1: Succubus como a Drita, criada por um Incubus.. ao morrer, também "volta" (ou, no caso, vai) pro inferno pra "tomar forma de uma Succubus" de novo? E também.. seria muito difícil pra uma Succubus que passou por esse processo de "morrer e voltar a tomar forma no inferno" ser invocada de novo no planeta? Pergunto pois, caso isso fosse fácil, seria realmente difícil enfrentar um exército que pode ficar voltando de tempos em tempos.

2: Você pretende trazer batalhas contra 2 ou até 3 Succubus de uma vez? e ter cenas com todas "ao mesmo tempo"? em questão de lore imagino que seria difícil elas "se revezarem" pra usar, por exemplo.. Energy Drain no Protagonista.. já que elas tem uma certa compulsão pela energia que elas sugam.. mas poderiam ter cenas diferentes pra quando cada uma da dupla ou trio te derrota, sendo que enquanto a que deu o golpe final te suga.. as outras podem fazer um "Facesitting".. e coisas do tipo. (Também entenderia no quesito de poder ser difícil equilibrar batalhas dessas.. mas quis perguntar pois tem aquele personagem com escudo do Sol que derrota, meio que facilmente, 3 Succubus. Então, dependendo de quem esteja lutando, um 3x1 ou 2x1 não seria uma luta impossível em questão de Lore)

3: Anjos são simplesmente a "personificação do bem" ou terá algo envolvendo lutas e tals? Pois, aparentemente, a Arcanjo não está mto preocupada em ajudar.. poderia surgir alguma "briga interna" entre os anjos e os caçadores terem que se envolver ou só estou brizando? kkkkkkkkk

Se eu lembrar de mais alguma curiosidade eu volto aqui xD

Gostaria de dizer que o jogo é muito bom e bem pensado em sua Lore e na maneira que você está desenvolvendo ele. Gostei demais das armadilhas.. tipo o das Succubus Tribais, e até aquela Succubus que está presa e vc pode acabar "cometendo um erro fatal" ao não se controlar. Detalhes assim fazem muita diferença no seu jogo. Parabéns e continue o bom trabalho!

Reactions: makaiforce

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Umas curiosidades (pode responder em Inglês.. se preferir xD)

1: Succubus como a Drita, criada por um Incubus.. ao morrer, também "volta" (ou, no caso, vai) pro inferno pra "tomar forma de uma Succubus" de novo? E também.. seria muito difícil pra uma Succubus que passou por esse processo de "morrer e voltar a tomar forma no inferno" ser invocada de novo no planeta? Pergunto pois, caso isso fosse fácil, seria realmente difícil enfrentar um exército que pode ficar voltando de tempos em tempos.

2: Você pretende trazer batalhas contra 2 ou até 3 Succubus de uma vez? e ter cenas com todas "ao mesmo tempo"? em questão de lore imagino que seria difícil elas "se revezarem" pra usar, por exemplo.. Energy Drain no Protagonista.. já que elas tem uma certa compulsão pela energia que elas sugam.. mas poderiam ter cenas diferentes pra quando cada uma da dupla ou trio te derrota, sendo que enquanto a que deu o golpe final te suga.. as outras podem fazer um "Facesitting".. e coisas do tipo. (Também entenderia no quesito de poder ser difícil equilibrar batalhas dessas.. mas quis perguntar pois tem aquele personagem com escudo do Sol que derrota, meio que facilmente, 3 Succubus. Então, dependendo de quem esteja lutando, um 3x1 ou 2x1 não seria uma luta impossível em questão de Lore)

3: Anjos são simplesmente a "personificação do bem" ou terá algo envolvendo lutas e tals? Pois, aparentemente, a Arcanjo não está mto preocupada em ajudar.. poderia surgir alguma "briga interna" entre os anjos e os caçadores terem que se envolver ou só estou brizando? kkkkkkkkk

Se eu lembrar de mais alguma curiosidade eu volto aqui xD

Gostaria de dizer que o jogo é muito bom e bem pensado em sua Lore e na maneira que você está desenvolvendo ele. Gostei demais das armadilhas.. tipo o das Succubus Tribais, e até aquela Succubus que está presa e vc pode acabar "cometendo um erro fatal" ao não se controlar. Detalhes assim fazem muita diferença no seu jogo. Parabéns e continue o bom trabalho!
I'll answer in English so more people can read and understand.

1- Drita and Argeia (White Demon) have the soul of a human. Soul =/= Spirit. Spirit is a self conscious being (that may take physical form in hell or heaven) while a soul is just a spark of energy that is given to a human when that person is born. Lesser succubus without clan, when killed, have the same fate of a normal human. Their bodies however, change from that of a succubus. So they are like a hybrid. Their bodies are demonic but their soul remains human, remains a 'soul' and not a spirit.

2-Yep, but multiple succubus at once are special fights.

3-Angels will be developed as I progress with the game. But make no mistake, there aren't any "true good and pure" guys here. Everything is a conflict of interests. Can angels use humans to fight for them? Sure. Then they will use humanity. At the same time, this also benefits humans with a place to train and access to powerful relics. The succubi however, see you only as food.

Thank you for the praise! We are working hard on this game. Chapter 3 production should start in a few days!

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I'm waiting for the last piece of art from Kain so I can include, send in for play testing and then release it.

For those who care about the story, I highly recommend replaying from the prologue, since a lot was add and you might not even recognize people that you have previously encountered considering that they received new art, ALL NPCs now have dialogue and there is new art and some new events around the world.

I also ask for you to consider supporting our work. Some people can't support us every month, but they donate something every time I release a new build.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes