Aloise

Feb 7, 2022
well yeah it's Shiravune
they release only censored versions (even if developer OK with uncen)
prev series was released my mangagamer and it was uncen (like all prev moonstone titles)

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
If the original game didn't contain such slang idk why they'd do this. Imagine being a non-native speaker trying to read this aswell.
the gyaru character? isn't that the thing about with gyaru's is that they are very trendy in the way they dress/speak?

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
the gyaru character? isn't that the thing about with gyaru's is that they are very trendy in the way they dress/speak?
I didn't download the game I just read the overview which describes the MC as "taking many Ls". Yes if the character is actually using slang that's different but for a description I doubt the Japanese description describes the MC as having taken "many Ls".

Edit: Also none of the characters in the preview look like Gals

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
I didn't download the game I just read the overview which describes the MC as "taking many Ls". Yes if the character is actually using slang that's different but for a description I doubt the Japanese description describes the MC as having taken "many Ls".

Edit: Also none of the characters in the preview look like Gals
Nah I did grew the twin tail brown hair girl gives HUGE gyaru vibes

JosephF

May 28, 2019
Either way it's besides the point. The *description* was zoomified not a character's dialogue.
Remember that Shiravune added "bazinga" in one of their games, so they normally just add a bunch of zoomer buzzwords, like "incel" for example.
At this point Shiravune's localization is so far removed from the actual japanese script that you can consider it a bad fanfic wrote by a twitter user.

Reactions: QuestionTime

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
Remember that Shiravune added "bazinga" in one of their games, so they normally just add a bunch of zoomer buzzwords, like "incel" for example.
At this point Shiravune's localization is so far removed from the actual japanese script that you can consider it a bad fanfic wrote by a twitter user.
since when is incel a zoomer buzzword?

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
since when is incel a zoomer buzzword?
It's a word that has a definition but people use it as a buzzword to mean "person I dislike" rather than "involuntarily celebate". Maybe you have a problem attributing "incel" to zoomers but I only pointed out zoomer slang as one of the many symptoms of a bigger problem. Yes zoomer slang is annoying and unneeded most of the time even if you are translating Japanese slang but the main issue is the devs "translating" things by unnecessarily rewriting them. Most people want actual translations not some translator who wishes they were a writer. I could go on a massive rant about how "translators" like these infect Japanese games and VNs but you've probably heard it all before.
Ah thanks for the confirmation. Will avoid this game and all other Shiravune "translations". You just know some translators desperately want to be writers so they just rewrite stuff in translations for no reason. It's very tiresome.

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephF

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
It's a word that has a definition but people use it as a buzzword to mean "person I dislike" rather than "involuntarily celebate".

that sounds like something thats a problem amongst the terminally online and not an actual thing

JosephF

May 28, 2019
It's a word that has a definition but people use it as a buzzword to mean "person I dislike" rather than "involuntarily celebate". Maybe you have a problem attributing "incel" to zoomers but I only pointed out zoomer slang as one of the many symptoms of a bigger problem. Yes zoomer slang is annoying and unneeded most of the time even if you are translating Japanese slang but the main issue is the devs "translating" things by unnecessarily rewriting them. Most people want actual translations not some translator who wishes they were a writer. I could go on a massive rant about how "translators" like these infect Japanese games and VNs but you've probably heard it all before.

Ah thanks for the confirmation. Will avoid this game and all other Shiravune "translations". You just know some translators desperately want to be writers so they just rewrite stuff in translations for no reason. It's very tiresome.
Yeah I too dislike localization and would prefer a more direct translation.
You are absolutely correct about localizers thinking they are writers. Some localizers even admit to self-insert on some characters and instead of translating what these characters are actually saying, they put what they would say instead.

Reactions: QuestionTime

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Based on what I now know of Shiravune I won't give them the benefit of the doubt that they used it correctly especially when I'm sure in whatever context they used it in "Virgins" would have sufficed. ESPECIALLY if they actually added "Bazinga" to a translation.
You are absolutely correct about localizers thinking they are writers. Some localizers even admit to self-insert on some characters and instead of translating what these characters are actually saying, they put what they would say instead.
We can only hope A.I. translations will save us one day. That being said a few good translators do exist but theyre usually fan translations like SEQUEL.

Dave 237

May 29, 2018

do you unironically think japan actually gives a shit about this? as long as they get money japan will continue to do this till the end of time

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
you got a source for this? or are you pulling this from out of your ass? another thing writers constantly self insert themselves into their writing its why power fantasies exist

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote