• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
Personally I would not like the game to be in Ren'py, I prefer the at least slightly more active gameplay offered by RPGM and I despise the godawful Ren'py bubble icon maps where you teleport between rooms without any sense of where they actually are in relation to each other (consider the row of shops in the west end of the city, and Emily's house tucked into the corner of the east end in an alley, and the long walk to the church - this would all be moot). Also certain aspects of the gameplay, like the stealth sections or any time you search for an item, just would not work with the limitations of that engine. Besides, unless you want to totally rework the art for the gameplay you'd have to continue mocking up locations and scenes in RPGM for backgrounds.
This. Ren'py mostly sucks. even Ren'py games that I enjoy I usually enjoyed in spite of ren'py. There are a few that fit the game style, and straight visual novels with no game and only reading and choices that work well in the engine, but anything resembling actual game play in my experience falls short of interesting as soon as that purple tag is at the front.

Reactions: mullovergem

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I highly doubt it's lag, it just takes way longer to happen than it should. And I'm pretty sure the sound effect it plays is .
it's actually the basic "jump2" from rpg maker o_O
Also, for Nicci animation, it's a total of 2 seconds for the transition :unsure:
I can cut it down to 1 and something second, but it feels way too fast :unsure:
What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirat.911

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
it's actually the basic "jump2" from rpg maker o_O
Also, for Nicci animation, it's a total of 2 seconds for the transition :unsure:
I can cut it down to 1 and something second, but it feels way too fast :unsure:
What do you think?
If it's not too much work, maybe provide a "disable animations" option? I know sometimes with RPGM setting conditionals for all maps/events can be a pain but that's what I've seen other RPGM devs do for people who have issues with some custom animations.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Road to MV - Update #2

Heya!
First off, I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to all those who showed their support about my current situation, trying to move to a new engine etc;
Really, THANK YOU!
And now, back to business!

I've recreated a LOT of the maps on mv;
- Tirnambeo is complete, exterior and interior maps;
I've also added a few details here and there, changed a couple of walls to better fit the "little village" vibe;

- Veisen main district is complete, and I've changed a couple of things here too, especially for the roofs, I didn't want to use the classic squared ones, so I opted to something better, as you can see from the image.
bandicam 2021-02-23 18-27-13-181.jpg
- I've also coded in all the common events used for the avatars during dialogues.

Meanwhile I'm also drawing content for 0.7:
the new event between Nicci and Emily reached a total of 18 images, and there's still more before it's completed!

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Road to MV - Update #3

Hyello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I've got a lot of maps to show you today!

bandicam 2021-03-07 16-20-16-403.jpg
1 - As you can see from the first image, I've improved Veisen main district even more from last week, changed a couple of buildings and added flowerbeds between hedges;

bandicam 2021-03-07 16-21-01-602.jpg
2- I've done both the Inn and the bar / pub; nothing much changed here, the inn is mostly the same as on VX Ace, but finding suitable tiles for the bar and assembling them was a real Pain in the A*s, especially making the plates, glasses and bottles to fit on the tables T.T;

bandicam 2021-03-07 16-20-30-576.jpg bandicam 2021-03-07 16-20-38-049.jpg
3 / 4 - the exteriors for both Trade and Residenstial districts are also done! Here I've also improved the general look of buildings, making them less "common" (I'm quite proud of the flower shop and Celie's house!)

Last edited:

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Monthly Progress Report!

Hyello ladies and gentlemen!
It's time for a new monthly progress report!

This time it's gonna be a double report, since I'm working on both images for version 0.7 AND porting everything from VX Ace to MV.

First, how's the situation for version 0.7?

- Images for the first new event, starring Mia the waitress/ barmaid: DONE - for a total of 18 images!
- Images for the second new event starring Emily and Nicci (this will be a repeatable event): DONE - for a total of 25 images!
- New outfit for Kristy, the bookworm!
- now there's only the last event left.

And now, the progress with RPGMaker MV:
- Tirnambeo Exterior map: Done!
- Tirnambeo Interios maps: Done, for a total of 14 maps!
- Capital Gates: Done!
- Veisen Main District: Done both exterior and interion, for a total of 5 maps!
- Veisen Trade District: Exterior Done!
- Veisen Residential: Exterior Doen!

- Recoded all the common-events with the avatars during dialogues, and made a variant to Nicci's one, without the boobs bouncing animation (since some people didn't like it T.T) ).

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Road to MV - Update #4

Heya!

I'm almost finished with recreating the maps on MV!
I'd say around 80-85% of them are now done!

- Michella's Flower shop - Done (both first and second floor!)
- Penelopes Clothes Shop - Done (both first and second floor!)
- The Blacksmith - Done
- Emily's House - Done
- Kreiss House - Done
- Celie's House - Done (both first and second floor!); this one took me the entire weekend, to assemble all the required tiles and edit them T.T
- Veisen Upper Area - Done
- and as usual, I've also tweaked a little some of the already completed maps
....just because... -.-'

bandicam 2021-03-23 17-46-06-768.jpg bandicam 2021-03-23 17-46-12-176.jpg bandicam 2021-03-23 17-47-33-665.jpg bandicam 2021-03-23 17-47-36-818.jpg bandicam 2021-03-23 17-48-04-797.jpg

Last edited:

Novel Lover

Sep 28, 2020
The dev seems really enthusiastic with his work, and that is wholesome, got any plans in the future to bring this game to new heights ?

Gandalf51

Aug 2, 2017
Great to see you upgrading to MV (made me become a Patron), hope you will be able to release it soon :)
I suppose the old saves will not works with MV ?

Reactions: yoyomistro

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Great to see you upgrading to MV (made me become a Patron), hope you will be able to release it soon :)
Don't worry he generaly give a save starting with the new contenant.
Personaly i hope soon find a work again to become patreon again.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Up until now, I've always posted a save for the latest content, nots ure what I'll do with the nextversion, since it'll be on a new engine :unsure:

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Oh Sh*t...
It's been a while since I last gave an update here :eek:
Sorry for that :cry:
First off, I've finished drawing All the images for the new Events!
Now let me sum up "Road to MV - Updates" from #5 to #11:
- All the maps for MV are DONE! (for a total of 48 maps!)
- I've also managed for code in game All the old events from VX Ace to MV! (that's around 40 events + variations of the same)
- The first new event, with Mia the barmaid, is now in game and working!

What's left to do?

- Juliette - Event 2 of 2
- Emily & Nicci - Repeatable Event

As you can see, the list of things left to do is thinning more and more, there are only two new events left!

The wait is almost over!
;)

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
chapter2_v0.7_prev.png
Succubus Tales - Chapter 2: The Relic -- V 0.7 Release! - MV Edition!

It's HERE!
Version 0.7 on MV is Finally HERE! (for Uncommon Tier (5$) and above !)

The first and Most important change:

- The game has been ported from "RPG Maker VX Ace" to "RPG Maker MV"!
- So, MV HAS an option to port games for Android, but it doesn't really work...yeah... (-.-)'
Damn you Kadokawa!
But luckily I found an Ultra-detailed guide on how to do it properly, using Android Studio.
I wanted to port the game for Mac too, but after checking rpgmaker forum, it seems like the only way to do it is to make the game directly from a Mac, because Windows doesn't really know how to handle mac's files;
so for obvious reason, I just can't do it, sorry.
- So the game is now available for Both Windows and Android!

Now to the game!

- The first noticeable change is the aspect size! Vx Ace run on a 4/3 aspect ratio, but here I opted for a 16/9, increasing the size to 1280x720!

- Reworked the main menu screen, it's now Animated!

- I've remade and visually improved a total of 48 maps!
I've tried to make the general view more..."appealing", by creating better buildings, adding a couple of details here and there and such;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- I've recoded ingame All the previous events, that's around 40 events + variation!
I had to edit some of the old images to better fit the new window's size.

- For the characters' sprites, for most of them, I've just scaled them up (MV uses a different size ratio than Vx Ace), but where the result wasn't much good, I've remade them directly in MV.

New Events:

- First new event - with Mia, the barmaid (and Risa) - 18 images!

- Second new event - with Emily and Nicci, it's a repeatable event (After emily is fully corrupted) - 25 images!

- Third new event - with Juliette, the innkeeper - 22 images!

- Kristy - New outfit!

- As usual, a Big thank you to Hoboy for proofreading the game!

You can get the link or
Public Release in 15 days!

Last edited:

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Choose the Event!

Heya!

So, I've already decided two of the three events for version 0.8!
BUT, as usual, I'll let Supporters of 10$ and above tiers decide who will be in the Third one!

1- Risa?

2- Kristy?

3- Karl?

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes