RPGM - Succum Brewery [v0.3.2] [LimeJuiceGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

swiezak1988

Promising game. Story has light, cute theme, with mix of corruption and romantic story. Game is so far (v0.1) well done, without technical or design deficiencies known to RPGM games. Art looks very good and fits atmosphere of the game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

reyegab441

Review of Version 0.1

Succum Brewery has attained at this early stage what most other games never achieve: Good pacing.

I'm able to, despite the arousal I'm feeling, follow the story and comprehend the situation. Every decision that gets made is one I can understand and has a reasonable foundation. For example,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's complicated enough to be compelling, but simple enough that you can explain it in a sentence or two. The result is that it's elegant, immersive, and accessible. This is in stark contrast to a lot of games where you read huge walls of text and slowly get lost.

I'm very excited to see where this game goes and I think it represents an abnormally high level of quality, especially for the very first release. Extremely strong start, thank you LimeJuice!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

powerofvoid

(review is of version 0.1)

Story: 5/5

Finally, a non-vanilla female-protagonist game that, so far, manages to avoid feeling rapey or degrading or sex-negative!

Despite the tags and genre, the protagonist and the AI actually seem on their way to a... relatively wholesome relationship based on mutual desire/interest.

I look forward to seeing how the story plays out, and how the two influence each other.

Art: 4/5

The art style is solid, and done well. It contributes somewhat to the game, and does not detract from it.

Sound: 4/5

The music is relaxing, but the sound effects seem really loud unless I turn them down to minimum. They can be turned down, though.

Gameplay: 2/5

It functions, but there are issues:

• The main menu is cluttered with standard RPG Maker windows that are never used. Namely, equipment and status: training does not use RPG Maker experience, and there appears to be nothing to equip in the current game.
    • The actually relevant status and upgrade menu cannot view it from the main menu, and must be navigated by "walking" around it
    • The bar area is larger than it needs to be.

Performance: 5/5

Seemed to run smoothly, doesn't seem to take up excessive drive space.

Grammar: 5/5

Nothing stuck out

Amount of Content: 1/5

Only the beginning exists, but what I played was really good!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

sanctusdoom

This game has a lot of promise and the note from the developer is very promising as well. although the demo is lacking alot of the corruption aspects i find fun. It was still fun to play and i look forward to more
  5. 5.00 star(s)

mrultralux42

This score will change with time and the updates put out, but right now this game has insanely high potential! The actual gameplay is engaging enough to not feel tacked on or mind numbing, but also short and sweet enough to feel like it's not waisting your time. So far the writing and characters feel more than competent with the Dev's promise that other characters will feel like they're actually part of a living world and not after thoughts or pieces off to the side. If each update keeps up the quality then this will probably be one of THE best corruption games ever put out.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

LexiTV

It's a great demo.
    Nice mechanics, interesting story, very nice artstyle.
    Something really different.
    You know you got a potential great game when the brainless haters come appearing.
    Look at this guy giving 2 stars and writing the great wall of china bashing a 0.1 demo proof of concept.
    Keep up the good work!!!!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Erainia

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes, very nice initial release and loved the design of the characters as well as the initial development of the world building around it.
    Keep going like this and we're in for a winner :)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Sweedanya

Succum Brewry positions itself as an RPGM day job sim with corruption elements. The initial release establishes the characters and their motives, giving a taste of the possible progression of the game.

The two main characters are the corruptor, a recently awakened business AI called IO and the corruptee, Catherine. Will the nascent AI be influenced by the proverbial devil or angel on his shoulder; can the protagonist make enough money to keep herself in business, these are the core conflicts of the story so far.
    The setting is interesting, a dystopic cityscape in which are protagonist finds herself stuck in, struggling to survive. Sets up why she would go along with the bizarre events of the game. The likable, spirited but down-on-her luck heroine seems like she is interesting in her own right to play as, and her innocence fun to corrupt.
    If you like corruption-themed games that feature female protagonists, this is one to watch.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2191732

Reviewed version: 0.1
    Yet another in the long list of "Well it's a dayjob simulator wherein the protagonist gets turned into a cross between a bimbo, a slut and a slave and gets toyed with by literally every single male that ever existed".

Not much content yet; should be expected, it's 0.1, but of what there is my impression is decidedly "Meh". And here's why:

1. The characters. Too many of them are arses. Other games have run into the same issue; they aren't fun, they aren't interesting to watch, they aren't interesting to interact with, they're just arses from the ground up to the very top. This goes for that girl that runs the store and the landlord woman as well as the mechanics AND the robot. As for the protagonist, she might as well be a pair of trousers; she has no personality whatsoever other than being mildly submissive and timid in nature. This is not good design.

2. If the robot is as intelligent as the game purports it to be, it should take a hint when the protagonist provides positive feedback and when she shows negative reactions. It should not take someone else's words as gospel. I get that it's supposed to imitate an excitable yappy dog tripping over itself trying to fetch a stick thrown by a half-disinterested master, but this is a bit ridiculous; the protagonist shows a very strong negative reaction towards sexual behaviour "Well just give her pleasure, make her yours, make her feel good" - there is an obvious clash here that is not sufficiently resolved and it all feels too forced.

3. The fights. God, the fights. They are boring me to sodding tears. Everytime it's the same thing; AI plays X. You play -X. You win! Shocker. And this whole click to stop filling the glass minigame isn't helping. I haven't failed a single time during what content there was, which I know isn't saying much, but I'd still be happier if it were removed entirely rather than made more difficult. Because it's boring.

4. For a game with "multiple endings", there appears to be no possibility for a "purity run". I use that term loosely, as in each game it means something different; in some, it's a no vaginal sex run. In others, it's a zero corruption run. In this, the measure of purity - the only thing that I found being tracked at all - is how brainwashed the protagonist is. As such, a "purity run" would equate a run where the protagonist isn't brainwashed at all. This appears impossible.

5. It isn't obvious to me that the protagonist could muster the desire to leave-- let alone the willpower to try and bring the circumstances which would facilitate that about. She is simply too submissive, too happy to be where she is, too cut off from other options for that to be believable. And considering the revelation at the end of the 0.1 content, and her reaction to it, I predict she'll have at least one more mandatory brainwashing session-- you want me to believe she'll try to escape after that? No. No way. She just isn't that type of girl.

6. The game page as well as the in-game text itself touts being able to make smalltalk with the four woman NPCs to get them to like you. That might've been nice; I can honestly say that "lone stranded woman caught deep in a trap wins over her fellow men and women who, in a herculean effort all come together to rescue her" is the kind of game I would 100% want to play. This isn't that game; first off, the smalltalk feature isn't even there. Second, there doesn't appear to be any measure of the protagonist's familiarity or friendship with other characters (only her brainwashing level, as mentioned above), and even if there was-- really, do you honestly believe the vile landlord lady or the crazy violence liking pawn broker would suddenly change their mind about her? IF the pawn broker would have shown a much stronger sexual interest in the protagonist when the AI asked her, it might've been believable that through smalltalk, flirting and eventually sex she might've helped her escape. As things stand? No way.

In points:
    1. Tired combat (-1*)
      • Bland, boring gimmicks
      • The combat amounts to clicking the correct colour on a Simon Says machine, except all the wrong colours are inoperable
      • There is no gallery, because everything occurs in the combat itself (except the brainwashing segments, but why would anyone want to revisit those in a game centred around brainwashing? oh wait)
    2. Weak narrative (-1*)
      • Poor usage of "multiple endings", with some obvious ones not being included and some touted ones being completely unbelievable
      • Boring characters
      • Missing the smalltalk feature
    3. Everything in the game feels on rails, so why isn't this just a visual novel? (-1*)
      • As mentioned above, the first brainwashing session appears mandatory
      • I opted to skip using smalltalk during the combat tutorial in which it was introduced; the game ignored that and behaved as though the protagonist did make smalltalk
      • As mentioned above, you cannot make smalltalk outside combat or with any named NPCs, and none of them have dialogue beyond the introduction; just "What are you buying?" -> Shop -> Leave, and you don't have enough currency to buy anything, so really, just -> Leave. Seriously, in an ENTIRE WEEK the protagonist never said a word to anyone but the robot and some hoodlums?
      • There doesn't appear to be any action whatever that you as the player can make outside the combat that isn't pre-determined, and there doesn't appear to be any action you as the player can opt to skip. The shopkeepers and landlord don't have anything to say, there are no interactables, there are no bonus fights, no secrets, nothing at all.
      • Roaming around town, walking to and from the bed, the combat minigame-- all of it seems pointless. This would've been better done on Ren'Py or similar as a pure visual novel if you're going for this level of top-down control.
    In conclusion: 2/5*. A poor start for what ultimately looks to be more a visual novel than an actual game, with boring characters, boring "combat" minigames and a boring plot.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bearcules

The initial release is of Succum Brewery shows a great deal of polish and thoughtfully considered planning. I am excited to see this projects future development. For the sake of comparison, SB in its current state is most similar to the bar mini-game in Karryn's Prison.

The project's boundary limitation (stuck on building) and bar management system feels like a smart way keep the scope of the project from ballooning in undesirable directions and will keep the project clean without feeling stale. Many other projects have large, empty environments that are confusing and stale. Those environments detract from the quality of the game and create extra overhead.

SB's artwork is wonderful. I would think the game by itself is well presented and the artwork is a bonus. The protagonist is professionally drawn. While at this time it is unclear the game-play suggests a clothing system may be part of the final product which can be overhead-heavy feature.