Tool Sugoi - a translate tool with offline AI-powered model to translate from Japanese; DeePL competitor

Nosferia

Sep 9, 2021
Does the translation display window not have a transparency option? I just figured I could put the display neatly in place with magpie's desktop duplication option and have it be visible with always on top, but it's a bit annoying to have a black/colored rectangle covering the screen.

Iwontremember2866R

Sep 9, 2020
As long as he does not put DRM on it, it is fine. If there are enough users interested in his software, then having the community mirror it every once in a while is a worthwhile trade off for the dev to continue their development and encourage, but not require, people to donate. If that is how the dev wants to give away his software, it is a worthwhile trade off vs it going closed source, getting drm'd or fully paywalled.
Isn't it also available on kemono since they don't put any measures to check. As long as you have the original download url you can get it, and that one leaks pretty fast.

nekim

Sep 16, 2017
Does anyone here have Deepl working in T++?
Textractor(x86)+deepl works for me if that is what you are asking...

Isn't it also available on kemono since they don't put any measures to check. As long as you have the original download url you can get it, and that one leaks pretty fast.
Download link changes quickly so not always... though it is working for now. (27th import)

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Cohere is rad. Their recent model to be on par with older GPT-4 / Claude 3 Sonnet in Japanese to English translation while being totally open source.

The downside is that it's monolithic and corporate oriented so you need to have at least 300Gb HDD space/100Gb RAM/Tesla A40 or two to run it smoothly. That also means that adding moans knowledge to it would not be easy, but who knows. Maybe Sugoi will take on a new qualitative leap with this.

Did someone else try that with hentai?

Last edited:
Reactions: Entai2965

MisingNo1

Nov 27, 2018
Sugoi_Toolkit_v8.0

For preservation.
And also modified menu for those who don't want to see the site every time (file with the original window included).
Thank you, windows decided it was a good time to break anything that uses tcp for some weird reason. I learned my leason and I will keep a copy just in case something break again

topboy

Dec 16, 2019
I want to try use it to translate Hmanga. It can only translated for 2 pages from 200 pages then It run out of token.
Seem like u have to paid him for this Sugoi thing work. Sad -_-"

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
I want to try use it to translate Hmanga. It can only translated for 2 pages from 200 pages then It run out of token.
Seem like u have to paid him for this Sugoi thing work. Sad -_-"
If you run the local Sugoi server then you can translate using your own hardware instead of cloud translations. Then you can translate as much as you want. It is worth it to get CUDA or CTranslate2 running if you are able as that speeds up translations immensely.