VN - Ren'Py - Summer Heat [v0.5.1] [Naughty Fox Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Leonave

Very very good start friends!

This game is perfect in every way: Humour, quality of rendering, coding, scenario, characters...

Normally I don't rate a game this early but this one is BRAVO!

You guys inspire me for my game!
    I'm going to do everything I can to raise my quality standard to yours guys!

Congratulations again and good luck for the future!

LEONAVE
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Pravsha

There is not much content in the game yet, but the renders are very juicy. All characters look and behave like real people, not like banal plastic dolls for the protagonist's sexual pleasures. Let's hope that this approach of the authors to the development of the game will be appreciated.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

flarigand

It has incredible potential, technically great, 10/10 renders, well done and highly polished designs, the story sounds interesting, the writing is organic and feels real, now you wonder why after so many compliments I don't give it a 5, easy, it's just a prologue, very short, with a lot of quality, but short, i have seen so many good projects of such quality, that end up abandoned, or uploading ephemeral content every 6 months, i hope this is not the case.

A humble advice to the creators of this VN, be consistent, try to give content every 3 or 4 months, if you have to lower a certain technical quality for the sake of consistency, do not hesitate, I wish you the best of luck.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kehmesis

First of all: best renders ever. Truly amazing quality; by far the best I've seen. The hair and clothes textures are so damn amazing. The character models are great. The girls are super pretty. Everything looks amazing!

As for the content, it's way too light for now to pass judgement. No idea if the choices make any difference outside of very, very small forks in the dialogue. Overall, Episode 1 (felt like a prologue, really) was enough to get me excited about the next one. So that's good.

In my opinion, it would serve the dev team to push a bit more story while recycling renders. I do get annoyed when games go on forever while recycling the same 3 renders, but I understand that renders are extremely long to process.

But In Summer Heat, it's the other way around. it shows 3 renders before a new line a text. You can literally read the whole episode in 2 minutes. But man, it's hard to blame them because the renders are outstanding.

Anyway, a nice balance would be welcome so the next episode lasts more than 5 minutes.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Great start. Game got potential to become a best game here. Nice renders and good looking models. Slowburn romance game count me in. Nice GUI there. Point and click part is simple. Not a harem game so I can focus on single girl. This version is presented with many choices. Yep some choices affects the relationship with the girls. I'm also intrigued with the horror tag.

Overall it's a promising start. Looking forward to next updates

* Nice renders
    * Good looking models
    * Nice humor
    * Writing is good
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AlBetGam

(v.01)

This is a really great start. Beautiful visuals, good writing (both in content and grammar), smooth mechanics, humor without excess wackiness, and just a hint of something odd going on, all packaged in a clean and effective UI.

I also really appreciate the dev's skill at pacing and show-not-tell. We get everything important we need to know about the characters, setting, and plot (so far) from their dialogue or events on-screen. No long descriptive internal narration ("My name is MC. I'm an ordinary 18 year old student. Right now I'm going to a summer art camp because [reasons]. This is my best friend Mike. He's a bit of a goofball and he always gets me in trouble but he's like the brother I never had. That's his sister Mia. We've always just been friends but lately..."); the characters just speak normally and believably, and we know what we need to. Which is both way more engaging, and lets the story move at a nice pace without getting bogged down in the protagonist's head.

Definitely looking forward to more!