VN - Ren'Py - Summer Heat [v0.5.1] [Naughty Fox Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

(v0.5.1)

An excellent game overall.

The primary love interests are all attractive in both looks and personality. The free-roaming sections are short and easy to navigate. There are no minigames. Your choices are respected by the game. Renders are beautiful. Animations are very smooth and look natural. Facial expressions are well done, meaning we get a lot of sly smiles and subtle expressions. There is a replay gallery for scenes and images you have unlocked.

The only negative so far is that the main plot is off to a bit of clunky start with the main character just sort of going along with what he's told to do without any real motivation to do so. But its a very minor flaw that is hopefully only there to get the ball rolling.

A lot of care has gone into the game, as can be seen by the extra effort that goes into small details that many developers wouldn't bother with. For example, there was a scene where you talk to two girls by the pool and an inflatable swan slowly floats by in the background, which adds a bit more life into the scene.

Easily one of the best adult games in development right now.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

tfgames1108

This game is top notch. Potential to be up there in the AVN pantheon.

There is a lot to like here. The themes are very much oriented towards early adulthood. Summer Heat is in the vein of the traditional AVN Bildungsroman: a young man on the cusp of adulthood embarks on a journey of romantic relationships and erotic discoveries, post-high school and pre college in this case. The setting will be familiar to most: American adjacent, with the usual codes and tropes. It's not especially original but it's very much enjoyable.

In fact, what I enjoyed most about it so far has been the pacing, and its good nature overall. Yes, it's exaggerated as with most other AVN, and the MC gets plenty of action/intimacy building for a measly 24 hours in game. But it all feels rather naturalistic (within the suspension of disbelief), with characters that feel distinct, attractive, relatable or compelling in their own ways, with a good mix of humour, lewdness, enthusiasm and pathos.

As for the story itself it's a little too early to tell. This latest instalment felt like end of the beginning of the game, there seems to be a lot of scope for this story to grow.

If a critique has to be made, the writing could be a little better in the choice of words in dialogues. It does not impinge on the experience, but it could feel more realistic yet, as well as rooted, if the choice of words was a tad more considered.

At any rate, Summer Heat is a remarkable entry. I've tried a fair share of games in a similar genre, and this one quietly stands out. Not the most high profile game on the site by some distance, but it deserves support from those that can for sure. Can't wait to see where it goes.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Mylappyonlyrunsthesegames

Oh hey! You saw that banner right? So damn hot! And maybe you even saw the preview images, hot still! And then you decided to head over to the reviews section but- all you see is 5 star reviews by everyone!??? How could~ how could this be?

Well, that's cos the game is actually really toight.

Pretty pixels
    If you can't tell, the renders are out of this world. You will struggle to find this kind of quality, trust me (Who am I? A jobless, moneyless AVN connoisseur). I'm not gonna pretend I know stuff about lighting or composition or anything like that. I CAN however tell you that this is one hell of a beautiful game. The preview images and the banner don't do justice to the sheer ART that is hiding in that little .exe file.

And Hulk? Smash!
    All of the girls are sooo friggin' awesome!!!!
    Hot, Mommy, Cute, Seductive, Wife
    I just used five adjective to describe the 5 main girls, where they fit in for you- will depend on your taste and liking but I can guarantee you will fall for at least one of these cuties :)
    There is actual progression with the girls, and the *lewd scenes* fit the characters really well, their charm and personality is intact throughout the whole game, not a foot wrong!
    There are also some side-girls available either through the story or through a dating app. I think some of them are sexy, not too focused on them tho, Bree has all of my attention.

Story
    It's being setup right now, remember It's still the first day in-game. And I realyyyy don't want to spoil what IS there, but I will say that it's got a chill vibe, people act like actual people. And the events that happen don't feel jarring and inter-connect smoothly.

Music and SFX
    I really can't stress this enough when I say that this game has some of the best sound effects ever! You will be sitting there scratching your head over what you just heard- you'll roll back and see that it was the sound of a handshake!!!! And this is just one of the many examples. Who thinks of this much detail man?

Alrighttt now that the usual stuff is out of the way-
    Summer Heat
    You and I both have read these points about renders, story, music and girls countless times in reviews- but have you ever read about EXPRESSIONS!?
    Yep, I'm about to write an entire section over facial expressions, strap in!

Insert -Leo Di Caprio laughing meme-
    An actual conversation from the Naughty Fox Games HQ:
    Yo! How do we let the player know a girl is giving a hint?
    Hmm how does everyone else do it? By making the girl make a move right? Or by having her say something really lewd and suggestive? Or *hear me out* removing some clothes! Those seem like the standard. What do you say?
    Yeah, I hear you but- I feel like we should do something different.
    Ooooh exciting! What do you have in mind?
    Let me show you!

EVERYTHING! From a lil side-eye, to a cheeky smirk, to a lipbite, to visible (but not vocal) frustration. Each and every emotion is conveyed here and it's conveyed beautifully. Instead of solely relying on the dialogue or the renders, SG utilizes the girls' faces really well. Even if they might not say anything, you'll know exactly what's going through their mind. All thanks to their expressive faces!

Hope that wasn't boring! I'm still working on my reviewing skills haha
    Kindly consider supporting this gem of a game if you enjoy it as much as I do and can afford to pay- unlike me :(
  4. 5.00 star(s)

4545boi

This is one of the rare games... which can make you horny AF without words... Don't get me wrong, the renders are great, but I'm not talking about JUST that... I'm talking about the non-verbal communications of the characters... which are sexy AF! The developer intentionally inserts a few extra renders so that they create a "PAUSE" which subtly tells you about what is going on in the minds of the characters...! I've played like a hundred AVNs yet never seen anything like that on this level! Plus I lowkey like that one fat funny girl (won't be any sex scenes with her obviously lol). Including that one girl in the squad tells you a lot about the developer! Another masterpiece which has "Summer" in the title...
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Manoman13

The renderings are magnificent, the most beautiful that I have seen in a VN, the sex scenes are well written, perhaps a little short, the characters are beautiful, each with their own personality, nice story so far, nothing incredible but a lot of potential.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Captionninja

Easily one of the best games on the site. Story has a good balance of sex/lewd scenes against interactions with the characters so that it doesn't feel as though MC walks in and fucks everybody. Animations during the scenes, (Cassandra) for example look phenomenal. Only downside is that there is only currently 5 chapters as it leaves you wanting so much more, understandable however when you consider the quality of the game. Hopefully this project reaches completion, ill be waiting for the next update!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Mazurcraft

The story seems very promising, the previous releases up until 0.5.0 did a really great job presenting the character, giving a good impression about what they look a like. They seemed to be really friendly with the MC. However we yet to see any Mike and Helen content, they seemed to be side characters in the story. With 0.5.1 update many characters received a background story, which feels fitting how they act and react to current events.

Renders are amazing, the amount of detail you can spot on the characters shows a really high quality production. I really liked the close up shots. What i think it really makes this game unique compare to others are the amount of facial expressions how the girls are presented with. Its really lovely to see them blushing, the scenes feels much more immerse and personal.

Not many games uses sound in general, however here the small audio cues feels just about right, just enough to express the intention. I would wish if the team have the budget for high quality voice overs as well, but i would already eat the cake.

In my humble opinion the game does a really good job using animations during the intimate scenes, they seems really high quality renders, and as i mentioned the small audio cues places the cherry on top. I like the fact that, most of the animations are looped by default and you can decide when you want to progress further.

Amount of content
    Before 0.5.0, when i first played the game, i felt a bit blue balled, so many good looking girls, there were many tease, and really good looking still shots. Not many intimate scenes, but with the latest update 0.5.0, it feels like we got compensated really well.

I'm not familiar what kind of scope the team is aiming at, wit the latest update 0.5.0 content patch many new characters got introduced to the story, i hope they are up to the task to present meaningful relation/content with them.

I had one very big negative experience with the game. Why does it not include the `Auto` button at the quick menu? i've managed to edit the python code locally, played the game with it from start to the end, experienced no bugs or issues.

It was as easy to add this
    Python:
    textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle") tooltip "Auto" hover_sound sound_menu_button
    to
    game\screens.rpy file at line 527

Finally, it would be really nice if the production team could improve on the time between release cycles. However if it takes that much time to upkeep the level of quality what it is now, i can accept the await time :bow:
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Hantersob

This game is one of the best A-Game I've ever played. It has a good story, nice written characters, good looking character design and a perfect render quality. I'm hyped to see more of this game in the near future.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Luxis

Awesome game, probabably one of the best here ! Best render ever and good plot... You can replay it few times and enjoy it every times, each girl have some interest.
    Can't wait for more content, the wait will be long !
  10. 5.00 star(s)

orbit404

This is the first game on this site that is so good that i had to give it a rating. I really hope this is gonna be finished eventually and there isn't too much time in between updates. Thanks to the dev(s)!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Carvangar

This game is amazing. Filled with plenty of eye candy of innocent girls who are all just gagging for it.

Renders are amazing.
    Dialogue is quick and to the point.
    Story, is developing, remains to be seen just how tropy it is.

If only this game could be a harem sim. ALAS!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

SteveBarnes956

Good story with better characters. And good pacing. I don’t know what to thunk of the green hair girl though. Nice models and good personalities that make you think about your decisions. Overall great game and I patiently await an update
  13. 5.00 star(s)

juonmars666

A great slow burn game with beautifully designed character.
    No cringe dialoge, and the MC is not too horny.
    Lot of interesting girls in the story that yet to unfolded (Both the main characters and the side characters).

Recommended
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Nekronoth

As previously posted by myself, game is very promising. High quality through and through and you can clearly see the attention to detail and love given to the development.

Playing through the game, you're at many points (so far) feeling a sensation of trepidation as you work through the many dialogue options given to you. It is clear that many of the girls don't want to share you (MC) with anyone else and navigating that to still get as much as you can feel like a very careful balance. I highly recommend it so far and am looking forward to how it develops further in.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

lol83

Hello!
    In short - Game very good. Definitely the top game here in my opinion.
    High sensitive, feelings, visual quality. Good game play, excellent character development, story may be more original, but what is implemented is done well.

Thanks to developments and F95zone.
    Looking forward...
  16. 5.00 star(s)

CereBros

I am in love... :)

I can´t describe it perfectly, but what I felt while playing this game, is mixture of feelings I love the most in my life.

The atmosphere, the scenery and nature are breathtaking and give me tingly feelings.
    The romance is so wholesome, believable, cute, adorable and exactly what I love. (This sound more like love letter, but to hell with it... :D)
    What I mean to say, that this AVN is exactly what I love in AVN, and it does that even better.

The girls are mesmerizingly beautiful and adorable, as well as wholesome by itself... I am looking at you Bree, Evelyn (but only Eve) and Mia...
    Those cute and pure moments while photographing girls, fooling around with them in playground, watching TV, or swimming is something I can only describe as immaculate... (Hell, even those moments with Miller as he tries to help us find someone are wholesome)

The renders are BEAUTIFUL, I mean I stated that in the beginning, but the place setting is just fairy-tale like.

TL ; DR. This is for me the most wholesome, pure, cute and beautiful AVN (because romance is something I adore most) and you can´t describe how warmly I feel and how glad I am I have tried it and played it. Thanks Naughty Fox Games for this masterpiece.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

offsetter

i've played a lot of games on here but damn this one really stuck out and i had to give it 5 stars. well written, really exciting build up to scenes, character models are well designed, interactions with the girls actually seem immersive and there is a great attention to detail. scenes are also well animated.

will definitely be following this game
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Joelcgx19

Great job to the developers, excellent renders, excellent environment, excellent characters, they have a great game that awaits you in the future...For me it met my expectations For me it met my expectations
  19. 5.00 star(s)

taq2021

Girls are top-notch, excellent game play, you don't want it to end., can't wait to finish this game once its complete.
    tits are extra large in some girls, but that's ok. amazing graphic and content
  20. 4.00 star(s)

the69ner

Girls are top notch and lease looked like from a cookie cutter like 80% of the VN ren'py games around.

Story not bad either and at the current stage (0.5.1) not path variety at this stage. Hopefully the owner can keep the quality and finish to game without dragging the story just to milk $$$. The quality of the work so far, deserves support for $$$ all future games by this producer.