4.50 star(s) 19 Votes

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Loved the update, and thankful there were no horsecocks. I'm sure mares appreciate them, and Bob, but I'm neither.
Hope I can influence the vote with my amazing telepathic brainpowers, so the new girl is to my liking. She'll probably be fine, but many of us have 'types' we like, no?

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Yup, Hungover00 is right. Just keep selecting the first option in art class whenever Cynthia is involved and you should be okay. Make sure to follow Cynthia into the bathroom when she orders you to. Have fun with the new scenes ;)
Ok TKS.
I have Summer playing as a Dom

Fapmaister

Dec 17, 2019
is incest planed on this game?

edit: can someone create a WT please?

Last edited:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
This shows a ton of promise. Love all the lasses in the game, so far. I am playing Summer as a domme and bisexual but so far, only done lesbian stuff, as the only male choice, is a bad one, IMO. Dude seems like a lazy bum. Hopefully we get her some better choices and not just a Chad. A good dude that is not a lazy bum. In the end though, Lilly is going to be her "love", if I get my wishes but in the meantime, she is going to experience being a college student aka slut, I know I was a male slut in college. Ahh, miss those days...35 years ago.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
This VN frustrates me.
It seems to be very positively received, judging from the comments in this thread, so my take is probably controversial.
In short, I facepalmed my way through painful dialogue between caricatures of one-dimensional characters until one of them kicked a guy in the balls for no valid reason only for the plank of wood that serves as a protagonist to exclaim "Badass!". Then, I gave up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
This VN frustrates me.
It seems to be very positively received, judging from the comments in this thread, so my take is probably controversial.
In short, I facepalmed my way through painful dialogue between caricatures of one-dimensional characters until one of them kicked a guy in the balls for no valid reason only for the plank of wood that serves as a protagonist to exclaim "Badass!". Then, I gave up.

Not going to really get into your response, but it seems like what the issue likely is, is a genre mismatch. Summer in the City is like a song of the summer, quick, catchy, fun but not too deep. Lighthearted. And it sounds like you really want something to dig your teeth into, something with weight and drama. Which are all fine things, but not all things have to try and be high drama. This story isn't taking itself too seriously (imo), it isn't worried about the pursuit of realism in art, or every line of dialogue finding the authentic. It's bubblegum and candy, fun and sexy. I think most of the people commenting and reviewing realise that for what it is trying to do, it does it well.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Not going to really get into your response, but it seems like what the issue likely is, is a genre mismatch. Summer in the City is like a song of the summer, quick, catchy, fun but not too deep. Lighthearted. And it sounds like you really want something to dig your teeth into, something with weight and drama. Which are all fine things, but not all things have to try and be high drama. This story isn't taking itself too seriously (imo), it isn't worried about the pursuit of realism in art, or every line of dialogue finding the authentic. It's bubblegum and candy, fun and sexy. I think most of the people commenting and reviewing realise that for what it is trying to do, it does it well.
No. I'm not confused about the genre or the intentions of this VN. I'm criticizing fundamental flaws in writing. Maybe simply talking about relating to the character gives you the impression that I want something "deep" but that's not high level writing. Wanting a simple character with a personality that's shown through actions rather than told to me in meaningless dialogue and nowhere else isn't unreasonable, no matter how short and sweet this is supposed to be.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
No. I'm not confused about the genre or the intentions of this VN. I'm criticizing fundamental flaws in writing. Maybe simply talking about relating to the character gives you the impression that I want something "deep" but that's not high level writing. Wanting a simple character with a personality that's shown through actions rather than told to me in meaningless dialogue and nowhere else isn't unreasonable, no matter how short and sweet this is supposed to be.
Fair enough.

For some reason it just sounds to me like if someone was critiquing how the popcorn didn't have the proper grill marks and wasn't medium rare.

I try to order a drink to fit the venue ("Drink in the room you are in."). Pints in a pub, wine at nice restaurants, cocktails when there is a mixologist around. If I'm at a punk show, and order a margarita, it's to be expected it'll be just tequila, bar lime from a gun, with regular ice in a plastic glass. That's on me for not reading the room and recognising the venues priorities are elsewhere. The dev could spend extra time writing dialogue and flushing out character interactions, but that would be time they aren't doing the fun things that are their focus. To continue the analogy, pitchers, bottles and shots, for the fans to get back in the mosh pit.

But that's just my (very tired) take.

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022

I think Hungover00 pretty much nailed the description of my approach towards the game. And there is obviously a demand for such lighthearted games, considering the positive initial reception it got and feedback it still gets.

I'm sorry to hear that it's not yours, but I'm fine with it. I'm not even remotely trying to cater towards every single person out there. I'm currently in the process of finding my place in this niche genre. So far it's going rather well, contrary to my expectations. I'm always very transparent about my skills as well as the development in general, and this is something people genuinely appreciate, besides the game itself.

There are some parts in your post I consider constructive criticism, and I will take those into account. Let's just agree that it's probably never going to be your game. Let's just be happy that other people out there have something they can enjoy. I'm sure you'll find a project soon that will suit you. No need to get frustrated about a small game that came out of nowhere from a developer who had no experience prior to this release. Life's too short. Best of luck!

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes