4.50 star(s) 23 Votes

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

devlog3.jpg

Hi everybody,

apologies for skipping last week's devlog, but there wasn't really anything interesting to talk about regarding the development. And something tells me that you prefer me working on the game rather than me rambling :) Unless there's something going on I'd like to share with you, I'll do bi-weekly devlogs from now on if that's cool with you.

I'm going to post the numbers as usual, but I'll keep it short due to the fact that nothing noteworthy is going on right now. The numbers have settled back down to pre-update numbers basically.

Last week:
Screenshot 2024-06-24 050749.jpg
This week:
Screenshot 2024-06-30 160055.jpg
All-time performance:
Screenshot 2024-06-30 155943.jpg

In today's devlog, I'd like to share one particular idea I have for the future of "Summer In The City".

As some of you know, I'm currently saving the game's revenue in order to upgrade my system. As soon as I'm able to do that, I'd love to start working on a redux version of the game eventually. There are a few scenes here and there I'm not really happy with when it comes to lighting as well as the set up in general. I won't touch the dialogue or narrative in any way, I'm currently only interested in improving the image/render quality, which in turn improves the over all quality of the game.

If you have read the news from June 21st, I was talking about rerendering some scenes I wasn't happy with. To give you an idea what I have in mind for the redux, I'll show you an image of the first iteration of that scene followed by the improved one:

Old version:
anal9.jpg
Improved version:
yunanal8.jpg

The lighting in the first version is way off considering the direction of the light sources in the environment. This happens when you use sprites in front of a static background rather than a fully fleshed out scene, where the lighting makes sense and improves the mood of the scene. In the new improved render, the lighting is coming straight from a single light source (a lamp on the bed side table) that illuminates the whole environment. The issue with rendering more complex scenes without using sprites is the hardware demand, which my current GPU isn't really able to handle for the most part. That's why I'm currently dependent on using the sprite/background method for such scenes.

I also would love to recreate Yun and Sum's teacher/kitty scenes that way, making it more pleasent to the eyes and giving the player a sense of the space our characters are acting in rather than having that boring static background. Maybe even increasing the length of these scenes in a reasonable way. That's only an idea for now though. I won't be working on it until the game has reached version 1.0. Finishing the first season is the sole priority for now.

There is a cool German word: "Verschlimmbessern". It basically means trying to improve something, but making it worse in the process. That's something I'd like to avoid, so I will ask for your opinions on such ideas. Of course I have my own vision for the game, but I'm also developing it for all of you, so your opinions do matter!

What do you think about the idea? What other scenes do you think need to be reworked? Would love to hear your takes on it. Let me know in the comments or on our Discord server.

Hope y'all have/had a great weekend. Thank you for your support!

Flip

------------------------------------------

Honestly it's kinda sad the game doesn't get more support, but i do hope it will increase in the future ! :cautious:

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021

sumfelwalk8.jpg

I haven't forgotten about you, "Bisexual Summer" players ;)

-----------------------------------------

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: LordWanze

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
Wow. 1.86¢ per download.
For a game that's only 2 months old, I'd say that's pretty good. With around $300 from Patreon, $120 from Subscribestar, and additional income from Itchio, he's making over $500. I know dozens of games that have been in development for 2-3 years and don't make half that. If he continues to release updates monthly or bimonthly, that number will likely grow exponentially, especially considering how few consistent developers there are compared to the many players hungry for new content.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Make My Day!
Happy 4th of July to all of Summer's friends across the big pond!
View attachment 3797897
"Did she buy six doughnuts, and did she already eat the other five? Do I feel lucky?"
"Did she eats six donuts or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself.
But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?"
Well, do ya, punk?
:LOL:

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
some news

updatenews6.jpg

Hi everybody!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend. As always, I'd like to extend a heartfelt welcome to all of our new members that joined our little community this week. You can hit me up anytime on either Discord or via DMs if you have any questions or any other things you'd like to discuss. Thanks for your support and welcome aboard!

P.S. One thing I forgot to mention in the previous "Weekly News" for our new members: if you don't want your username to appear in the credits at the end of each update, please let me know by sending a short message.

As some of you may have noticed, I'm a day late with the news this week. I'm constantly working, trying to get everything ready for the early access this upcoming Monday as well as the public release the following Friday. There's still quite a bit to do, so no weekend for me. I definitely need to take a couple of days off after the public version got released and all bugs are fixed.

Now to my future plans for the public version of the game. 0.40 will be the last update free of charge on all platforms where it's currently available. I think with the future update 0.50, there is enough content already to charge a small fee for the game in order to support it's future development. Nothing will change for supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar of course. You will still receive everything as it's been before. I might introduce one or two new tiers with the release of 0.50, but I'm not sure yet, since I'm way too busy keeping the the already existing tiers happy.

Here are a few more screenshots:
milmeet4.jpg
shibari4a.jpg
shift2_25.jpg yunanal4.jpg

Alright, that's it. Back to work. Thanks everybody, sending you a barrage of love!

Flip

-----------------------------

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
hm, any male X female scenes here? or just lesbian stuff?
The game is primarily focused on F/F content, but there will be M/F scenes too every once in a while if you choose the bisexual path.

A little teaser from the upcoming update below. BEWARE: To all "Lesbian Summer" players, DO NOT OPEN the spoiler if you'd prefer to keep up the immersion!)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
new cover3.jpg
New update for "Summer In The City" out now!
Join Summer on her cute, funny, sexy and kinky adventures in the big city. You can download and play "Summer In The City" v0.42 for free via:

Patreon:
SubscribeStar:
itch.io:

Feel free to join our little community Discord server:

4.50 star(s) 23 Votes