VN Others Abandoned Summer Job [v0.11b] [Kross]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

ttant

May 7, 2017
You're probably right. Anyhow, i manage to get those two achievement, so see you for v0.12 ;)

rodian95

Dec 30, 2020
Pardon my question is this game developed by Drunk Robot or Kross? I tried searching but could not gather any answer?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Pardon my question is this game developed by Drunk Robot or Kross? I tried searching but could not gather any answer?
It's developed by Kross, as the OP and even the URL for this game indicate. I know of several of Drunk Robot's games — Leisure Suit Liana, Truth or Dare, Teen Witches Academy, etc. — but this is not one of those. It also looks like Drunk Robot has moved away from Tyranno to Unity, and this game is definitely not in Unity. (Drunk Robot also seems to have a bad habit of having several open projects at the same time, whereas this is the only project by Kross at this time, AFAIK.)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
yo, need help: is there any way to make dialogs text bigger? kinda too small for my current eyesight.
Not unless you know how to modify the game files to change the default text size. There are no in-game controls for it. I'm no programming expert, so I couldn't even tell you in what programming language this is written. But the font size seems to be set in the game file(s) somewhere, so that would need to be modified. (It's very possibly in a DLL file, but you'd need access to decompile that, change the default value, and then recompile it without errors.)

That is actually an excellent suggestion to give Kross, though: there should be some way to modify the text size. It would probably be a pretty simple thing to add that control under "Options" and let the player manage it. Even something simple, like only allowing sizes 10pt, 12pt, 14pt, 18pt, and 24pt would probably work for most people. He would need to manage dialogue bubble sizing, though, so the larger text didn't flow outside of it or get cut off at the edges of it.

There would still be considerable redesign work needed, though. The values of individual's stats at the top, for instance, are sized as they are to facilitate all of the characters showing at a glance. He would either need to eliminate that or provide a horizontal scroll or something. There's already the general stats screen, so this top area might not be capable of serving the same function if the font was too large for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fugazi666

fugazi666

Aug 31, 2017
thanks a lot for the detailed reply. not being quite technical, i wouldn't know what to do with the ddl file there. i hope it were somehow possible to offer options to change the font size for kross, without messing up with anything else. pulling the monitor a bit towards me made things easier btw. i had difficulty seeing a lot of websites etc either anyway.

Not unless you know how to modify the game files to change the default text size. There are no in-game controls for it. I'm no programming expert, so I couldn't even tell you in what programming language this is written. But the font size seems to be set in the game file(s) somewhere, so that would need to be modified. (It's very possibly in a DLL file, but you'd need access to decompile that, change the default value, and then recompile it without errors.)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
thanks a lot for the detailed reply. not being quite technical, i wouldn't know what to do with the ddl file there. i hope it were somehow possible to offer options to change the font size for kross, without messing up with anything else. pulling the monitor a bit towards me made things easier btw. i had difficulty seeing a lot of websites etc either anyway.
Sorry it's rougher for you, but I'm glad you can improve it for yourself, at least.

Reactions: fugazi666

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
This should be marked as abandoned considering creators Patreon page is empty...

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes