Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, normally it's much faster but I had to go back and create new Python tools due to the variations (discovered the issue while in the middle of initial Day 2 coding). Otherwise choice guiding Paths and Achievements would have been impossible. After the new Python code was done as tested I had to go back through Day 2 and set the appropriate flags. Long story short....once the initial tools are final, it's then down to my mapping then circling back and checking for bugs, then rinse/repeat.
Well, using skip to until I get back to where I was in my previous set of saves, I am now back to being caught up with you, and I've not found any bugs yet, so all good.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I guess I should note that normally (before ever releasing any mod) I laydown the Relp stats in the code (Love/Lust/Aff, etc). Then go back to Events and any misc. With this title I'd be severely inefficient that way since there's so much circling and a ton of variables that don't do anything other than dialogue changes. It is what it is, but we'll work through it. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As I progress in Day 3, note that I have to make some tweaks to Day 2. Here's an example of variables changed in Day 3 that I didn't catch from a choice made in Day 2:
1637189235420.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning.

I finished the base of Day 3 late last night. I need to go through as many paths as possible in it this morning and barring any bugs I'll push out an updated for public testing. Still seems odd to me that no one has found an issue yet, at some point there's no way I won't miss something in all these circles but it should be to a minimum and likely easily fixed. Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Hey Sancho, I've 3 questions:

Is it possible to select the path before starting, in which the appropriate selection is then displayed (the rest are grayed out). So you can skip faster later with Ctrl when playing a new path. I think it's very important in this game with so many paths.

Is it normal for "false" to be displayed everywhere even though I am playing a certain route?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And last but not least: maybe the possibility to change the names of the girls?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, I've 3 questions:

Is it possible to select the path before starting, in which the appropriate selection is then displayed (the rest are grayed out). So you can skip faster later with Ctrl when playing a new path. I think it's very important in this game with so many paths.
Anything is possible, but that would be me basically rewriting all the dev's scripts into mini-stories (think kinetic novels), something I'm not interested in at all. Currently the mod is completely separate and simply analyzes flags I place inside the OEM scripts.

The other issue is that it would structurally change the way the VN is played, and since that's personal with folks you have to see that many would not necessarily prefer me disabling choices that they may want to make in their playthrough regardless of the route they may or may not be on. It gets wonky real quick tbh. It's a debatable subject and one that can certainly be entertained.
Is it normal for "false" to be displayed everywhere even though I am playing a certain route?
It is. Those flags (variables) are OEM and change once all the criteria are met, hence why I have to remind folks periodically in choices which routes are effected by the current progress until you reach that "finish line". Those paths are simply variables that the dev has placed, currently they are all in days 4, 5, & 6....but obviously choices made prior to that effect the outcomes. Hope that makes sense.

If it helps, below are the routes (as of current VN version) and on what day the OEM script flags them as "True" in the code:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And last but not least: maybe the possibility to change the names of the girls?
I can, it would be easy. I'd rather do that when I work on the gallery since that's exactly when I'd be outlining that type of code. I'll put it on the todo list.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilDee and Micha.el

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Note: While working on Day 4 revisions to Day 3 are required. Example - SisSubLovePath cancels the ability to obtain SisHardSubPath and vice-versa, etc. Just letting you know that things change quickly behind the scenes. I'll do my best to get this day done quicker but my personal bugchecking takes time to be accurate and thorough. Regards.

lilDee

Jan 14, 2020
Note: While working on Day 4 revisions to Day 3 are required. Example - SisSubLovePath cancels the ability to obtain SisHardSubPath and vice-versa, etc. Just letting you know that things change quickly behind the scenes. I'll do my best to get this day done quicker but my personal bugchecking takes time to be accurate and thorough. Regards.
Yo!, thx for the constant updates maan but u dont personally own anyone here anything...well maybe except the site devs/mods, oscar or such?..ahem! anywho, u dont otherwise. I'd rather u do the needful and post it once completely done instead if burning yourself out on the mod (or 1 mod, if ur planning to do other mods...)(y):):coffee:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yo!, thx for the constant updates maan but u dont personally own anyone here anything...well maybe except the site devs/mods, oscar or such?..ahem! anywho, u dont otherwise. I'd rather u do the needful and post it once completely done instead if burning yourself out on the mod (or 1 mod, if ur planning to do other mods...)(y):):coffee:
Thanks, but I truly don't think I do owe anyone anything, not sure what you're getting at there. I share a few of my mods out of simple gratuity. And I've a ton of mods (see my profile for others if you wish). I appreciate the motivation but don't worry I'm not burning myself out, communication is just my style. Other than that, I don't normally do these types of updates but I'm doing it due to a rather larger amount of user requests....too many asked for me to port my mod over to this VN so I'm simply obliging. It's a complex title but I've tackled worse. We'll get there soon enough. Regards and enjoy.

Reactions: lilDee and thegrimm

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Did I use the mod to early cause it crashes the game for me though it could be cause it's on joiplay
I have only one port supplier I endorse for 'Droid-ing my mods, one I trust to port a proper representation of SanchoMod. I'll flag him once the mod is complete as it's a complete waste of time to port test builds, that's not the intended purpose of the "beta". Please be patient. Regards.

alpharenji2

Jul 29, 2021
I have only one port supplier I endorse for 'Droid-ing my mods, one I trust to port a proper representation of SanchoMod. I'll flag him once the mod is complete as it's a complete waste of time to port test builds, that's not the intended purpose of the "beta". Please be patient. Regards.
Hey take ya time I was just curious as to why it didn't work for me and in case anyone else plays on joiplay they could know

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes