Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hey, this is just a heads up to you. You introduced some artifacts in your script file that are creating image not found errors. The problem is that you added _a to the end of image names, when the _a is not present in the actual images folder. If you could remove those, it would fix a lot of image not found errors being caused when playing with your mod. Thank you.

This is what Naughty Captain said when I mentioned the problem:
The Naughty Captain
No, the _a is supposed to be there. The problem is probably a missing file. The one that defines the images, as those are the one missing.
He probably missed that file when he repacked his mod.
Anyway, you'll have to ask him for a proper repackage with all files included.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, this is just a heads up to you. You introduced some artifacts in your script file that are creating image not found errors. The problem is that you added _a to the end of image names, when the _a is not present in the actual images folder. If you could remove those, it would fix a lot of image not found errors being caused when playing with your mod. Thank you.

This is what Naughty Captain said when I mentioned the problem:
You seem to be mistaken as far as I can quickly tell. I've added nothing to any image names anywhere in the mod. What artifacts are you talking about? There's no image related issues on my end at all.

And regarding packaging, it is proper. I don't package any OEM images, only scripts. The VN uses whatever image archive packages you installed via OEM file, nothing to do with the mod at all.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good afternoon folks.

Ep4 (Day 4) is near completion, look for an update promptly. I had to go back through everything after dealing with the Ep4 "Handshake" scenes and re-tweaked the ChoiceGuide for Days 2 & 3 a bit. I already know that once knee-deep into Day 5 I will have to make a few changes to Day 4 since the new pathing forks start to circle but I'll address them when I'm there. Appreciate the feedback from testers and thanks for your patience. I'll post the update promplty. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update:

Day 4 and revised Day 2 & 3 now completed and uploaded. Re-download, extract, and install (overwriting as necessary). I'm moving on to Day 5. Please report any bugs found in ChoiceGuide of Day 1 thru Day 4. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Working on SanchoGallery. It functions proper meaning it doesn't trigger achievements (that way you still have to earn them on your own via standard playthrough), bypasses stat variable requirements for choices (example: SisSub > 10) but if a scene's menu choice depends on a previous scene' menu choice then that dependency remains intact (example: Choice 2 requires Choice 1 to have been chosen within the scene otherwise disabled). Also the ChoiceGuide is disabled in replays...just because, and the MiniMenu button becomes an "End Replay" button automatatically. Here's a teaser of work in progress:

1637386650636.png

Oh, you want to try it? No problem. Re-download from the OP, re-install as normal. Enjoy.

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I can reject Kelly every single opportunity and whether I do it gently or be an asshole I'm still lying to Eve, denying going to Cassie's with them and meeting up with Kelly. Am I missing something?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I can reject Kelly every single opportunity and whether I do it gently or be an asshole I'm still lying to Eve, denying going to Cassie's with them and meeting up with Kelly. Am I missing something?
Good morning. I found similar issues as well. That's on the dev not me. I don't change any of the dialogue in the scripts. This way when they push out a fix it's easier for me to port it over. I saw on the post here that they have v0.6.1b almost ready to deploy and it fixes many issues, maybe Kelly as well.

Note: I will update current mod to new VN update v0.6.1b as soon as it's available from the VN's OP. Regards.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: fishbrain

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Good morning. I found similar issues as well. That's on the dev not me. I don't change any of the dialogue in the scripts. This way when they push out a fix it's easier for me to port it over. I saw on the post here that they have v0.6.1b almost ready to deploy and it fixes many issues, maybe Kelly as well.

Note: I will update current mod to new VN update v0.6.1b as soon as it's available from the VN's OP. Regards.
Thanks for the reply. After playing through I assume it's just part of the story that's unavoidable, guess we will find out! Thanks for all you do!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update:

Fully revised Day 2 thru Day 4. SanchoGallery complete through Day 4 with previous days tweaked. I highly recommend reinstallation if you've a previous version. Please report any bugs found in ChoiceGuide of Day 1 thru Day 4. Regards.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Update:

Fully revised Day 2 thru Day 4. SanchoGallery complete through Day 4 with previous days tweaked. I highly recommend reinstallation if you've a previous version. Please report any bugs found in ChoiceGuide of Day 1 thru Day 4. Regards.
Thanks, I appreciate all the effort you put into this :)

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Just one minor pet peeve, with the mod there's no quit button on the main menu which forces me to exit fullscreen and close the game manually.
It's not a priority, i can live with it and keep using the mod, but it's one of those quality of life changes that would be appreciated.

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Just one minor pet peeve, with the mod there's no quit button on the main menu which forces me to exit fullscreen and close the game manually.
It's not a priority, i can live with it and keep using the mod, but it's one of those quality of life changes that would be appreciated.
That's the game, not the mod. For some reason, the game has no close or exit option in the menu. The game also has no top right corner X to close the game while in full screen too. I just Alt+F4 (you could also hit F11 and click on top right corner X), and then the game asks if I want to exit.

Reactions: LSC82

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Moisan4 is correct, the VN has no quit button, I only added buttons. With that said, I can simply add another button, a proper quit button with confirmation window. It's truly no problem, I'll run to my studio and code that real quick so it's there in the next update. Regards.

Edit: My bad, I didn't notice. The dev has used an unorthodox GUI spacing for the buttons, which pushed the Quit off the screen. Very odd coding. I'll fix that promptly and re-upload the mod. Give me a bit to fix, text, compile, and re-up. Apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moisan4 and LSC82

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Moisan4 is correct, the VN has no quit button, I only added buttons. With that said, I can simply add another button, a proper quit button with confirmation window. It's truly no problem, I'll run to my studio and code that real quick so it's there in the next update. Regards.

Edit: My bad, I didn't notice. The dev has used an unorthodox GUI spacing for the buttons, which pushed the Quit off the screen. Very odd coding. I'll fix that promptly and re-upload the mod. Give me a bit to fix, text, compile, and re-up. Apologies.
Thanks, keep up the good work (y)

Reactions: Moisan4

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That fix is now live. My apologies, if you had not brought it to my attention then I may have never noticed it tbh. The menu is setup as a grid and that should have been an alarm for me due to the odd spacing. Because of this grid I had to make the "SanchoGallery" a dummy button while in game (disabled of course) or the in-game menu would look off balance (8 buttons instead of the needed 9 to fill the grid). Aesthetics are my OCD I guess. Anyway, download, reinstall, and enjoy. Thank you so much for your feedback. .... Now it's time for a Crown & Coke.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
That fix is now live. My apologies, if you had not brought it to my attention then I may have never noticed it tbh. The menu is setup as a grid and that should have been an alarm for me due to the odd spacing. Because of this grid I had to make the "SanchoGallery" a dummy button while in game (disabled of course) or the in-game menu would look off balance (8 buttons instead of the needed 9 to fill the grid). Aesthetics are my OCD I guess. Anyway, download, reinstall, and enjoy. Thank you so much for your feedback. .... Now it's time for a Crown & Coke.
You work fast my friend (y)

Reactions: thegrimm

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You work fast my friend (y)
Appreciate ya. Actually it's a bit embarrassing for me since it's the first bug reported in any of my mods in quite some time, and it would have to be the damn OEM menu buttons...a rookie mistake that I should have immediately caught. Kudos to you for finding an actual bug. If that's the worst it gets then all is good. Before I ported any titles to the new SanchoMod a few months back I spent weeks insuring it was bullet-proof. Thanks again and let me know if you find anything else, even if it's minor. Attention to detail is what I take pride in and always welcome constructive feedback. Regards.

Reactions: thegrimm and LSC82
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes