Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
JenMistress Ha! I think I found it. You must have Ep4.WillingSodom as True...I never tested that. Give me a bit to correct, re-compile, and upload. Great catch.....I would have never thought I needed to test a mod by willingly choosing to stick something up my ass, :ROFLMAO:
Granted, I am a woman, so maybe it is a bigger deal with guys, but I didn't mind it. ;) :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Granted, I am a woman, so maybe it is a bigger deal with guys, but I didn't mind it. ;) :LOL:
I set myself up, I almost knew after pressing the "Post Reply" button you'd have a comeback like that, lol. BTW, you're fixed. It's another embarrassing rookie mistake that took me a bit to finally see....I used two standard brackets in lieu of two curly brackets. Was hard to see but that's all it took to break it. Anyway, thanks again for your assistance in tracking it down.

Now, back to packing (probably why I made a couple mistakes, my mind is slightly elsewhere), I have an early trip in the morning. Please enjoy and if you don't find another issue where we communicate again....have a happy and safe holiday weekend, wishing all of you folks the best. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I set myself up, I almost knew after pressing the "Post Reply" button you'd have a comeback like that, lol. BTW, you're fixed. It's another embarrassing rookie mistake that took me a bit to finally see....I used two standard brackets in lieu of two curly brackets. Was hard to see but that's all it took to break it. Anyway, thanks again for your assistance in tracking it down.

Now, back to packing (probably why I made a couple mistakes, my mind is slightly elsewhere), I have an early trip in the morning. Please enjoy and if you don't find another issue where we communicate again....have a happy and safe holiday weekend, wishing all of you folks the best. Regards.
Looks like everything is going smoothly to Day 6 now for me, coolness, hopefully you have a safe trip.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Good afternoon. That anomaly seems to suggest you didn't install the mod files properly or the game install you had was meddled with prior to installation.

If it is the former: You must not move the files/folders within the compressed download. Simply extract them directly inside the title's "game" folder. It appears from your screen that the "scripts.rpa" that is included with the mod is not inside the "game" folder alongside the "SanchoMod.rpa" file.

If it is the latter: If the above are found to be correct, then the only other thing it can be is you unpacked the OEM files then added the mod. Doing this makes the OEM scripts take priority which you don't want. Install the mod in a proper/fresh game install, not one that has been meddled with. There is no need to unpackage anything.

Regards.
The latter, I unpacked the OEM files then added the mod. It's a bad habit I picked up from the old days of renpy. Thanks for the clarification.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
damn, this game so complex?
Happy holidays bud. If you're asking me the question, I guess I see it as one of two ways: 2 of the 3 LI make up a current 17 of 18 set paths. It's either 1) the dev is creating branching overkill for the sake of the challenge or 2) is trying to make everyone happy with enough variety of dialogue/story and praying to keep it all solid enought for it not crumble to pieces of it's own manifested weight. It's just my take but I'd say yes, it's rather complex considering (to date) the story basically centers around 2 LI w/ that many pathing outcomes in the background. One of the PDF written WT is going to be over 50 pages into the current episode...that's heavy imho.

Hell, play the game without a mod or a PDF and see what you get, that's the way I like to initiate all my first impressions. Your mileage may vary of course, it's just my opinion for whatever it's worth (not much of anything, I get it). Regards and have a great weekend.

Reactions: dacris69

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
thanks for the reply, was looking now on my hdd, last time i played this was 0.2 version on 26.10.2019 but cant remember shit about the game :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thanks for the reply, was looking now on my hdd, last time i played this was 0.2 version on 26.10.2019 but cant remember shit about the game :ROFLMAO:
I'll be honest, my old saves before this new update were over a year and a half myself. I was bombarded by folks asking for a proper mod that I decided to drop all my other projects and work on this. I remember I liked the VN so I had no issue (I don't work on titles I don't personally enjoy, that would feel like a waste of my personal time). I'll be back to work on it soon but I haven't taken any time off since February and wanted to travel to visit close family and friends for a while. In other words I'm still monitoring my mod threads for support. Let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy and regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I'll be honest, my old saves before this new update were over a year and a half myself. I was bombarded by folks asking for a proper mod that I decided to drop all my other projects and work on this. I remember I liked the VN so I had no issue (I don't work on titles I don't personally enjoy, that would feel like a waste of my personal time). I'll be back to work on it soon but I haven't taken any time off since February and wanted to travel to visit close family and friends for a while. In other words I'm still monitoring my mod threads for support. Let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy and regards.
Don't worry, specially after today, my previously caught up with the Dev part of my list went to overflowing, got quite a few others to play through. ;)

Cotytto

Jun 15, 2020
Only game I've played that is as complex as Summer Scent would be Dog Days of Summer. That one literally requires a flowchart. I'm not even joking, there is a bloody flowchart someone made to navigate it. It's such a pain I quit playing it after Zoey quit making a walkthrough for it (due to the code).

As frustrated as I got playing Summer Scent without a guide (thank you Sancho!) and I got VERY frustrated, at no point did I throw my hands up and just delete it like I did with Dog Days of Summer.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is walkthrough part of the mod complete ? Or should i say how many days are there in the game ?
5 of the 6 days of the ChoiceGuide are complete (stats/events). There will be Path tweaks imminent but may of those are complete as well (out of 18 path variables currently coded). Once I return to my studio I'll complete Day 6 and finalize all CG tweaks. Bottom line - the mod is basically complete minus Day 6 ChoiceGuide, whatever remaining gallery scenes I decide to code in, and route/pathing tweaks/fine-tuning.

The Dark One

Feb 6, 2018
5 of the 6 days of the ChoiceGuide are complete (stats/events). There will be Path tweaks imminent but may of those are complete as well (out of 18 path variables currently coded). Once I return to my studio I'll complete Day 6 and finalize all CG tweaks. Bottom line - the mod is basically complete minus Day 6 ChoiceGuide, whatever remaining gallery scenes I decide to code in, and route/pathing tweaks/fine-tuning.
Thanks for the detailed answer. After so long time this game did not get any update and when it gets its so short. Imho, The Naughty Captain is gonna burry himself with this many detailed routing and branching paths. ı just hope im wrong, anyway have fun and thanks for your hard work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 When do you think this mod will be ready?
Good morning Blaze. I left Tuesday for my coastal property to visit family/friends dear to me that I haven't seen in over a year. My departure day is currently the variable and unknown. Once I can commit back to the keyboard distracted I'd venture to guess about a day to finish Day 6 and retweak the previous days as needed, and a half-day to finish the gallery, mod tweaks, and debug. So about 24-36 hours upon my return to the studio give or take. Maybe, just maybe around the beginning to middle of the week.

It'll be the first thing I tackle once back to work as I truly need to finish this project so I can return to the other projects and get them wrapped next. All of this so I can hopefully code out a few surprises prior to the next round of holidays (no spoilers yet as they are not complete and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up).

Regards and hope you and yours have a great weekend.

Kaed1107

Jun 10, 2017
Wow. I'm pretty astonish about how much work you are putting into this mod. I want to play the game already, but also want to wait till you fully complete this mod.

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Good morning Blaze. I left Tuesday for my coastal property to visit family/friends dear to me that I haven't seen in over a year. My departure day is currently the variable and unknown. Once I can commit back to the keyboard distracted I'd venture to guess about a day to finish Day 6 and retweak the previous days as needed, and a half-day to finish the gallery, mod tweaks, and debug. So about 24-36 hours upon my return to the studio give or take. Maybe, just maybe around the beginning to middle of the week.

It'll be the first thing I tackle once back to work as I truly need to finish this project so I can return to the other projects and get them wrapped next. All of this so I can hopefully code out a few surprises prior to the next round of holidays (no spoilers yet as they are not complete and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up).

Regards and hope you and yours have a great weekend.
Thanks my man,hope you have a good time with your family.

Davnier

Oct 18, 2019
can you pls, do that the incest mod works with your mod? Ore can you do an incest patch for your nice work?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
can you pls, do that the incest mod works with your mod? Ore can you do an incest patch for your nice work?
The only thing that patch did was rewrite the prologue (pre-story). The entire rest of the game the dev references bro/sis. There's really no patch needed bud. This is not a "childhood friend" VN.

karrek

May 14, 2017
I just want to make sure I understand right, the walkthrough is currently through Day 5, but v6.1 goes through Day 6, right? So the walkthrough doesn't have the last day yet?

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes