Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think he is trying to say if you can edit the game in a way that players can see all the scenes in the game in one playthrough.
Maybe so. Appreciate that input. I'll respond below.

can the mod be edited too be able to view all scenes?
Consider that I've placed SanchoSplits to allow you to do this as much as possible without completely fucking up the story flow. Does it allow "all" content? No. If split branches are on a narrow enough parallel and can rejoin in a relatively small timeframe then I consider them split scene candidates. Once the branches are on separate sides of the tree then it makes no sense to do so imho. Save where I have notifications of pathing splits and/or use the gallery as you deem appropriate. I've coded the mod to be as universal to the concept as I feel appropriate so I hope that at least one of the three options suit your needs. Regards.

Reactions: Esna

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
How can I disable having to name each save when i save it? I don't like to move forwards every time i save in order to press enter, which seems to be the only way to save without giving a name..

decopauge123

Apr 27, 2020
Sancho1969, I want to thank you for all the many hours you have devoted to this mod, and all your mods. The games they support are easier to play and even more enjoyable then they are without the mods.

And now, because of the Ren'Py save issue going from SwM E7 to E8, I am waiting for this mod to be updated. I attempted to skip from the beginning of EP8 to get to where I saved my game play in EP7, but trying to make all the correct/sane decisions without your mod was impossible. I will wait for this mod to be updated to play SwM EP8.

Do you have some way for people to support your work?

decopauge123

Apr 27, 2020
Every time I run SwM EP8 and attempt to load my save from EP 7, I get an "uncaught exception" error. The game developer says that "... there is a issue with save files but we cant fix it because of how Ren'py works in the new update." Apparently Ren'Py updated between EP7 and EP8 and some of the changes don't allow using saves from before the update without extensive changes to the code. I tried skipping with the <CTRL> button to where I was at the end of EP7, but without your mod, making the all the same decisions is impossible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Every time I run SwM EP8 and attempt to load my save from EP 7, I get an "uncaught exception" error. The game developer says that "... there is a issue with save files but we cant fix it because of how Ren'py works in the new update." Apparently Ren'Py updated between EP7 and EP8 and some of the changes don't allow using saves from before the update without extensive changes to the code. I tried skipping with the <CTRL> button to where I was at the end of EP7, but without your mod, making the all the same decisions is impossible.
I'll eyeball it when the compressed version is ready and see what I can do. It could be a rollback issue like Leap of Faith had when that dev decided to jump to R8 on the last update and had folks scrambling. I can extend the rollback in the mod to triple the amount of normal if that's the case. This is only an assumption until I actually fire up the update (I'm still porting code right now).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
do you know how to change the name of the mc from a savefile? i got it from one of the members and "bossman" is kind of a turn off lmao
You'll be able to change it in the mod. You can technically edit your saves but it would take longer for me to explain than I currently have time for considering I'm banging out code as fast as I can before the compressed version is done and deployed publicly. You can google it if you wish, just take care (always make backups) as you can seriously fuck shit up quickly with the wrong editor.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While creating a mod for Deviant Anomalies for the past weeks I've added some new features to the Core that (hopefully I don't forget to merge them) I'll put in this update (if the RenPy version is compatible). Some of you folks already know about the newest dialogue font/opacity hotkeys (Alt+Arrow Keys) that allow you to adjust without having to go into the SanchoOptions. I've now also added hotkeys for the in-game stat screen (not the big one but the pop-up version) via the "s" key and also a toggle for the ChoiceGuide via the "g" key (both lower-case). Lower-case is important to note otherwise these keys have other functions within RenPy ("S" is screenshot, "G" is renderer). I'm typing this post as it's not really feasible for me to post teaser pics of hotkey functions of course.

Reactions: colombeen

decopauge123

Apr 27, 2020
I'll eyeball it when the compressed version is ready and see what I can do. It could be a rollback issue like Leap of Faith had when that dev decided to jump to R8 on the last update and had folks scrambling. I can extend the rollback in the mod to triple the amount of normal if that's the case. This is only an assumption until I actually fire up the update (I'm still porting code right now).
OK, Thanks! I'll wait for the update.

Again, do you have some way for people to sup[port your awesome work?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes