Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Every time I run SwM EP8 and attempt to load my save from EP 7, I get an "uncaught exception" error. The game developer says that "... there is a issue with save files but we cant fix it because of how Ren'py works in the new update." Apparently Ren'Py updated between EP7 and EP8 and some of the changes don't allow using saves from before the update without extensive changes to the code. I tried skipping with the <CTRL> button to where I was at the end of EP7, but without your mod, making the all the same decisions is impossible.
In the VN's root directory is a file named "log.txt". Open it and let me know what version of RenPy is says please. It'll be on the third line. First line will the be date the file was created, the second is your Op system, the third will say:
"Ren'Py x.x.x.xxxx"

Javiliri

Apr 3, 2020
In the VN's root directory is a file named "log.txt". Open it and let me know what version of RenPy is says please. It'll be on the third line. First line will the be date the file was created, the second is your Op system, the third will say:
"Ren'Py x.x.x.xxxx"
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

decopauge123

Apr 27, 2020
"Ren'Py x.x.x.xxxx"
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Ok. That's correct and the same as Ep7 so what you mentioned here:

" Every time I run SwM EP8 and attempt to load my save from EP 7, I get an "uncaught exception" error. The game developer says that "... there is a issue with save files but we cant fix it because of how Ren'py works in the new update." Apparently Ren'Py updated between EP7 and EP8 and some of the changes don't allow using saves from before the update without extensive changes to the code. ... "​

Is not what is happening at all. Whoever told you that "we cant fix it because of how Ren'py works in the new update" meant something different or doesn't know what they are talking about. TBH I don't see the issue on my end (but I'm still waiting for the compressed to drop to verify all avenues). If you have the actual traceback file you could attach (not copy/paste the text but attach the physical file) that would allow me to see exactly what RenPy is pissed about and sort out your issue (hopefully).

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
"Ren'Py x.x.x.xxxx"
I have the same problem. This is my logs file. I'm on Linux:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have the same problem. This is my logs file. I'm on Linux:
Well, you're trying to load a save made previously with SanchoMod installed inside an unmodded game. You have two choices in this case. 1) wait for mod update 2) DL and install the "SaveFixer" in the OP (just don't forget about this file later as it MUST be deleted before installing SanchoMod later)

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Well, you're trying to load a save made previously with SanchoMod installed inside an unmodded game. You have two choices in this case. 1) wait for mod update 2) DL and install the "SaveFixer" in the OP (just don't forget about this file later as it MUST be deleted before installing SanchoMod later)
No rush whatsoever(Especially as it came out only hours ago) but any idea when the mod’ll be done for this ep? Going to try my best to hold out for it before playing
F66E3F92-53E2-4DB4-BEC0-164EC0A56D7C.gif

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No rush whatsoever(Especially as it came out only hours ago) but any idea when the mod’ll be done for this ep? Going to try my best to hold out for it before playing
View attachment 2106924
There's no way for me to know when... I'll give you a goal though: before I crash tonight and it's 1518 hours here currently. Don't fucking hold me to that though, anything can happen with either code complications or situations IRL... I never give out these types of estimates to please don't let it bite me in the ass :ROFLMAO: :p

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
There's no way for me to know when... I'll give you a goal though: before I crash tonight and it's 1518 hours here currently. Don't fucking hold me to that though, anything can happen with either code complications or situations IRL... I never give out these types of estimates to please don't let it bite me in the ass :ROFLMAO: :p
I’ll telepathically send you the energy I just got from downing a 24 oz monster. Good luck and no worries if it’s not done tonight
3A1E4087-021B-4A5A-83BB-39049355EF18.gif

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I know about waiting for the MOD. But not for the fix. Tanks for the tips! I wish my logs can help you.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I think I can speak for many on here when I say, don't rush. You and Scrappy are the best modders on here. We understand if it takes you a day or two to get a mod just right. Keep up the great work!

Is it ready yet? LoL. Just playing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some bad news folks. I made things work but completely wasted two fucking hours trying to resolve an issue that wasn't my code and isn't anything I can do about it. I'll save myself from retyping. See the post here for details. I'm back to it... but AFTER I get a fucking whisky.
1666045930696.png
Lord help the user that DL's the mod update and says anything about the fucking SanchoGallery buttons... damnit. So much time wasted...

Last edited:

azz111

May 15, 2020
Some bad news folks. I made things work but completely wasted two fucking hours trying to resolve an issue that wasn't my code and isn't anything I can do about it. I'll save myself from retyping. See the post here for details. I'm back to it... but AFTER I get a fucking whisky.
Lord help the user that DL's the mod update and says anything about the fucking SanchoGallery buttons... damnit. So much time wasted...
That sounds incredibly frustrating, but whiskey helps everything (y)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes