Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I think I installed the mod properly but it still says in bottom right corner that mod is not installed properly and SanchoMod button in title menu is grey and inactive. :unsure: Can it be because of compressed version?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think I installed the mod properly but it still says in bottom right corner that mod is not installed properly and SanchoMod button in title menu is grey and inactive. :unsure: Can it be because of compressed version?
No, I have the compressed version for testing. Install in a clean VN (in other words don't do anything else... don't get cute with the files, simply install the mod in a fresh installation of the VN)

Inside your "game" directory should look like this:
1655236686568.png

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
No, I have the compressed version for testing. Install in a clean VN (in other words don't do anything else... don't get cute with the files, simply install the mod in a fresh installation of the VN)

Inside your "game" directory should look like this:
View attachment 1870970
Thanks. Turns out I unrened the game yesterday to check out renders in latest update and forgot about it.

Reactions: Sancho1969

khronnus

Mar 16, 2018
Installed the mod but the game closes right before main menu

FIXED: the "SanchoMod" folder wasn't inside the game folder

Reactions: gnd53

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Sancho1969
Thank you very much for your hard work. Much love to you!
Just to remember for everyone else: 23h after the update gone live, we got this mod for free! That's fast and generous AF!!

joypinse

May 5, 2018
thx for getting it out so fast
got a few bugs though unfort
on the giselle path with her husband in the office

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'Lust_Time_P1_Slow_Giselle_1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "story.rpyc", line 43207, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1752, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Summer With Mia 2 E7
Tue Jun 14 23:01:02 2022

got another crash but dont remember where...

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably not related to the mod. I get a different script error constantly.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
@Broutminou Since I temp fixed this issue another way you shouldn't have to worry about the different keyboard layout regarding the "period" button. The above should keep it from disappearing at all... just the one anomaly due to the menu being doubled sometimes on the screen but it's a minor thing until I can find the real culprit.
Thanks Sancho! I'll see him soon since my succubus is coming back tomorrow, and I promised to wait for his return from Donutistan to know the rest of this adventure. Either way, I'm sure you'll eventually find the culprit. (y)

Reactions: Sancho1969

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Go
Get
You
Some
New features include MenuChoice Opacity (found in SanchoOptions), more SanchoCheats, initiation of SanchoSplits, more information populated in historical dialogue in regards to dynamic ChoiceGuide... other stuff I forgot I added.
colombeen
It would be awhile until I get to it, won't be surprised if Episode 8 and 9 comes out between now and then, but at least up to the first choice, seems to be working OK, and liked that feature of putting in the Bonus code automatically, nice touch, so replaced last update with this one, and on the list again. Thank you for your work on this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It would be awhile until I get to it, won't be surprised if Episode 8 and 9 comes out between now and then, but at least up to the first choice, seems to be working OK, and liked that feature of putting in the Bonus code automatically, nice touch, so replaced last update with this one, and on the list again.
Hey J, by then I will have gone back through and tightened up the ChoiceGuide. I was a bit under the gun as I really wanted to get something out before it got too late in Euro. I'm certain I missed some choices where I need to inform the player that they will miss a scene "cannot obtain if chosen". I got most but can't shake the feeling as I didn't go through it with a fine-toothed comb as normal due to self-imposed time constraints. The Gallery is solid though. This VN is very odd in that I have to name the characters for each of the scenes which takes time to code... the dev defines many of the as "???" during the game's start and introduces them during playthrough. Anyway, enough of me yammering. Hope all is well with you and yours.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
Sancho1969 There's a but that I found and showed up a few times when the MC talks with Isla or Cindy if you choose to not "Give in" with Cindy on the bench and chose to "Stop yourself".
I think if you chose to not "Give in" and fuck Cindy by the pool (the anal scene), the game breaks there and this error appears.
I don't know if it's right or not but I think if you chose to "Stop yourself" you shouldn't get the anal scene with her anymore. I haven't tried to see if the error still appears if you don't fuck her in the ass by the pool.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/story.rpy", line 40369, in <module>
NameError: name 'cin_q_gave_in' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "story.rpyc", line 40369, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.10586
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Summer With Mia 2 E7
Wed Jun 15 02:31:36 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "story.rpyc", line 43207, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1752, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Summer With Mia 2 E7
Tue Jun 14 23:01:02 2022

got another crash but dont remember where...
Probably not related to the mod. I get a different script error constantly.

Thanks for the mod !

Having some issues during dialogues. Ignore works but skips line or two.
As far as the original scripts all I do is add Python code to the menu choices, add labels for the gallery, and add the notification banner calls. I don't do anything with the SlutButtons or the "LustTime". FYI "LustTime" is that button row at the top-left you see during some scenes that you have to painstakingly press through sequentially...ugh.

Give me a bit to compare again the mod scripts versus the originals just to see if I brought something over but I truly don't think so as I'm very meticulous during that process. I have a feeling some are having issues due to OEM code but I need to confirm before I actually state that as fact. What I can do is give you a little file that, once installed in the "game" folder will re-define the "s_angle_pos" variable and should resolve... but since I can't replicate the error I can't be 100% sure.

If you're game try it. Drop the attached inside your game folder with the VN closed (completely existed), then restart and try again, then let me know the results.

Reactions: Hermit76

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 There's a but that I found and showed up a few times when the MC talks with Isla or Cindy if you choose to not "Give in" with Cindy on the bench and chose to "Stop yourself".
I think if you chose to not "Give in" and fuck Cindy by the pool (the anal scene), the game breaks there and this error appears.
I don't know if it's right or not but I think if you chose to "Stop yourself" you shouldn't get the anal scene with her anymore. I haven't tried to see if the error still appears if you don't fuck her in the ass by the pool.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "story.rpyc", line 40369, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.10586
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Summer With Mia 2 E7
Wed Jun 15 02:31:36 2022
See, this is really odd... these are dev defined variables... I don't change them at all, I simply read them if/when necessary. Something is borked with this release I think. Give me a bit so I can try to reproduce these errors somehow. I have the compressed version currently installed FWIW.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Code:

While running game code:
Wait a minute.... you can't have sex with Cindy at the pool if you don't "Give in" to her on the bench. My comments are in orange below to the original code:
Python:
if cin_q_gave_in:  # If the player "Give in" to Cindy
    jump D_12_C_Reconciliation_Did_Have_Sex_With_C  # Advances to sex with Cindy at pool
else:  # If the player did NOT "Give in" to Cindy
    jump D_12_C_Reconciliation_Did_Not_Have_Sex_With_C  # Advances to "reconcile" scene (no sex)

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
...The Gallery is solid though. This VN is very odd in that I have to name the characters for each of the scenes which takes time to code... the dev defines many of the as "???" during the game's start and introduces them during playthrough. Anyway, enough of me yammering. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Had a chance to finish ep7, overall great mod and understandable nailing down all the choices and what they lead to. I didn't see any clear indication on what the end scene would be, at the movies with Mia, or on the ferris wheel with Sadie.

As for the gallery, one time Jennifer speaks to her partner, and in the same dialog the narrator refers to MC as MC instead of the specified name. Specified name works fine elsewhere in that gallery scene just fine. Not an exhaustive search for issues but just what I happened across as I went along.

screenshot0001.png

Thanks again for all the mods.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Had a chance to finish ep7, overall great mod and understandable nailing down all the choices and what they lead to. I didn't see any clear indication on what the end scene would be, at the movies with Mia, or on the ferris wheel with Sadie.

As for the gallery, one time Jennifer speaks to her partner, and in the same dialog the narrator refers to MC as MC instead of the specified name. Specified name works fine elsewhere in that gallery scene just fine. Not an exhaustive search for issues but just what I happened across as I went along.

View attachment 1871295

Thanks again for all the mods.
Thank you for the feedback, sincerely. You've got me on the date choice, I'm not sure how to make it more clear:
1655255587889.png

Regarding that exact scene in the theater, that's a dev error:
je "You don't deserve another minute! MC gets off Mia. Jennifer and her partner continue arguing in the background."
In the actual sentence the dev types "MC gets off Mia..." physically. He borked that.

Let me know if the date choice isn't clear though, truly. Thanks again.

Reactions: binglebangles

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
Ok, in my most recent play-through, in Ep7 there's no either/or option, so it must have been a previous choice I made. Maybe going to see Isla in Ep6 was the nail in that coffin.

screenshot0003.png

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes