May 18, 2019

Hello,

Dev log #3 also puts the progress bar at 50%.
With the new update schedule, this would mean an update but as most of you know, this is the last big 5000 line update with around 30k words.

All updates after this one are going to be capped at 2000-2500 lines. (Still big)

A lot happened since the last Dev log.. Let's go through it step for step.

Chapter 3 marks the last update that is categorized as an Introduction-Update. (Yes, we're still in the intro of Summer's Gone and no, there is no sex in this update.)

And with Chapter 4, the fun begins.

As most of you know, Chapter 1 wasn't rendered by me, and even tho I created most characters, Regium created one of the key characters.

And that's Summer.

Chapter 3 has a few Summer flashbacks scenes in it and this was a great time to completely scrap Regium's monster and create a completely new Summer.

This also means that I reworked the Summer scenes in Chapter 1 and enhanced them by quite a lot. (I completely changed what happens in the intro and enhanced the later classroom scene.) A new cinematic is going to be added to the new overhauled intro with Summer.

Here is Regium's old Summer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here are two previews of the new Intro sequence of Chapter 1 with the new Zbrushed custom model:

Chapter 3 will give the first insight into the relationship dynamic between the MC, Nami, and Summer.

So... I can clearly say that the overall visual quality improved a lot over Chapter 2 which should be visible in the previews.

In the other dev blogs I never really said something to the previews I showed, but I will say a few words from now on. Explain a little etc.

With the new update, we will also get to know a little about another mysterious girl.
In Chapter 2 you only saw Sonya in a few scenes in which she didn't say much but it should've been enough to paint a first, rough picture of her.

In Ch3 you will be able to interact with her more and get to know her a little better.

Another huge project I started... I completely overhauled and customized the entire College.

Immersion is a huge factor for me and sadly, I am still very limited by my 11GB Vram GPU cards and they spasm out when I add more than 4 characters into a scene so I had to trick.. a lot, to make the college feel alive.

I have no idea how many hours I did put into creating simple assets in Blender and Photoshop but I came up with a fully customized College.

When I get the new Titan/3090 cards, I will be able to put the immersion onto a new level.

With dev log #4, you will get to see more of the new college.

Due to Chapter 3 still being an Introduction chapter, it focuses a lot on the first plotline.. This would be the coup you and Bella are planning.

With Chapter 3, Amber, Bella's mother goes from a side character to a semi-main character. You will have your first two therapy sessions with her. (Those previews are not from the therapy session.)

Speaking about Bella, if you made the right choices, you are going to get a big new insight into Bella's present and past.

And you will get the first big chance to steer the relationship between you and Bella in a 'certain' direction.

Another plotline that is slowly emerging..

The mysterious man, Nojiko is currently dating.

This would be it for the Not-so-hard-spoiler-previews.

But in other news:

- I am in contact with a coder and we are currently working on an in-game-Totally-not-Instagram-like app.

- I bought 7 new music licenses this month for 700$. (Future cinematics are going to be sweet.)

- A custom gallery is also in development (The same I made for WiAB in a different design.)

Oh, and I managed to break my bed. The money I am saving up for the new cards took a hit but I should still be able to get 2 Titan-level cards when they come out.

And tomorrow I will probably post a new Blender progress update.

- Ocean

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019

Hello,

With the new update schedule, this would mean an update but as most of you know, this is the last big 5000 line update with around 30k words.

All updates after this one are going to be capped at 2000-2500 lines. (Still big)

Chapter 3 marks the last update that is categorized as an Introduction-Update. (Yes, we're still in the intro of Summer's Gone and no, there is no sex in this update.)

As most of you know, Chapter 1 wasn't rendered by me, and even tho I created most characters, Regium created one of the key characters.

And that's Summer.

Chapter 3 has a few Summer flashbacks scenes in it and this was a great time to completely scrap Regium's monster and create a completely new Summer.

This also means that I reworked the Summer scenes in Chapter 1 and enhanced them by quite a lot. (I completely changed what happens in the intro and enhanced the later classroom scene.) A new cinematic is going to be added to the new overhauled intro with Summer.

And here are two previews of the new Intro sequence of Chapter 1 with the new Zbrushed custom model:

Chapter 3 will give the first insight into the relationship dynamic between the MC, Nami, and Summer.

So... I can clearly say that the overall visual quality improved a lot over Chapter 2 which should be visible in the previews.

In the other dev blogs I never really said something to the previews I showed, but I will say a few words from now on. Explain a little etc.

With the new update, we will also get to know a little about another mysterious girl.
In Chapter 2 you only saw Sonya in a few scenes in which she didn't say much but it should've been enough to paint a first, rough picture of her.

In Ch3 you will be able to interact with her more and get to know her a little better.

Another huge project I started... I completely overhauled and customized the entire College.

Immersion is a huge factor for me and sadly, I am still very limited by my 11GB Vram GPU cards and they spasm out when I add more than 4 characters into a scene so I had to trick.. a lot, to make the college feel alive.

I have no idea how many hours I did put into creating simple assets in Blender and Photoshop but I came up with a fully customized College.

When I get the new Titan/3090 cards, I will be able to put the immersion onto a new level.

Due to Chapter 3 still being an Introduction chapter, it focuses a lot on the first plotline.. This would be the coup you and Bella are planning.

With Chapter 3, Amber, Bella's mother goes from a side character to a semi-main character. You will have your first two therapy sessions with her. (Those previews are not from the therapy session.)

Speaking about Bella, if you made the right choices, you are going to get a big new insight into Bella's present and past.

And you will get the first big chance to steer the relationship between you and Bella in a 'certain' direction.

But in other news:

- I am in contact with a coder and we are currently working on an in-game-Totally-not-Instagram-like app.

- I bought 7 new music licenses this month for 700$. (Future cinematics are going to be sweet.)

- A custom gallery is also in development (The same I made for WiAB in a different design.)

Oh, and I managed to break my bed. The money I am saving up for the new cards took a hit but I should still be able to get 2 Titan-level cards when they come out.

- Ocean
What an amazing post, I love it!

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

Hello,

And that's Summer.

But in other news:

- Ocean
I gotta say this...I love the MC model. The renders look beyond amazing. Really appreciate the hard work you are putting through. Those new renders with Summer makes me wanna know more about MC's past with Summer.
Can't wait!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Hello,

And that's Summer.

But in other news:

- Ocean
Wow!! Young summer is a total cutie. A total improvement over the last model. Really makes me wonder how will she looked today.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
I gotta say this...I love the MC model. The renders look beyond amazing. Really appreciate the hard work you are putting through.
Yep. Hard work and dedication always pay off, the man is very passionate about his projects which is always a big plus for his supporters and helps him in his future endeavors. Wonder how his renders and animations will look like after he buys those two monster GPU's. Oceanlab quality at its peak !!

Too bad there's so many trolls that give the game and its dev a bad rep. Some people need to be patient and understand that high-quality products take a damn long time to develop. There's many factors to take into account but it's easier to troll than support with good reviews, constructive criticism or money the amazing work these devs do for us fans. Not everybody is like Scamdrop or ICSTOR bois, some devs work their asses off for the fans.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
What about Ayua? I love to see more from her. I think she have some truble at home, maybe no mom, so she have to look after her little brother. Hmmm. Her father is the new lover from MC mother?:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: hellomate1

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I want nothing to do with her [...]
Impossible.

As I said in an earlier post a few months ago.
This is not a dating simulation. The game is like a movie, if you don't want to interact with the main cast, then it's a lost cause and Season 1 of SG has a huge Bella plot focus.

And you're not forced to interact with Bella on a romantic level.

But I get your point and I hope you at least enjoy the other projects.

GentlePro

Jul 10, 2017
MrFriendly I find your dislike of Bella interesting. In my opinion it's premature and she has the potential to develop into a very intriguing character.

Clearly at the moment she's acting up because of her past trauma and we have yet to experience what her personality is truly like, so if I were you I'd wait a bit before dismissing her completely like you seem to have done.

And based on what Oceanlab has alluded to I believe that there's a lot more to come as far as her character arc is concerned, it will be fascinating to follow how she develops but for now it's too early in my opinion to pass judgment on any of the characters.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes