Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I am fine with the movie approach but what is the point of giving the player choices, beyond who they romance, if there is a fixed storyline? To be honest I'd rather it was more like a movie without the pretense that the player's input matters to the overall narrative. I usually advocate for more player choice, more impactful decisions, but if the narrative is fixed, beyond who the MC fucks, why not focus on fully telling the story and forego the illusion of choice?
Don't see the game as one movie but as 8-10 movies.

Every season has a finale on which the next season will build upon. This finale will be reached no matter what but.. There are many different versions of this particular finale.

The finales often give you certain information that will determine the route the next season takes.
And if you tell a girl off, it's not just that you said "No" to her romance route and everything else just goes the same way.

An Example:

In the natural, non-dating state, the MC knows about information J.

You tell Girl A off and miss out on information K which would've replaced information J. (What the MC has known previously)
Then you interact with Girl B.. She will give you either Information L or M. This depends on Information J or K.

But information K might get you into trouble later because Information O from Girl E replaced Information W you got from Person D.
But if you had Information W then Information K would've led you to a completely different route.

And whatever the MC says, will be handled as an Information and will influence the other person. An important factor here is... The girls/males talk with each other off-screen and behind the MC.

MC dates Girl I --> MC hears about Info B².
MC doesn't date Girl I --> MC never hears about and still is in the info B mindset.

And now MC speaks with Nami and tells her about .
And Nami will talk with Person Z and either tell her/him about or not which will result in Person Z either telling Person C about or not. Which will result in either Info M² or being spread in the background.

I hope it's understandable but those romance choices are not just yes or no choices and the way the finale plays will be heavily influenced by what the MC did.
And this doesn't mean that a romance will always give you the right info. Just because it appeared good at first, can get back to you lately because of another sub-route that was pulling strings in the background.

How long will Season 1 of SG be?
10 - 11 Chapters.

But because I am splitting the update size in half, Season 1 will get another 14 updates after Chapter 3.

I am sure that I am not alone in my dislike of Bella and if for the foreseeable future all that we shall see is Bella focused then I am not going to be the only person who is disappointed (even if we are a small group).
That's just how life works.
You can't please everyone and that's why every dev should just focus on what he himself wants to do. Otherwise, you will find yourself in a vortex of different opinions and your game will end up with a nice yellow/orange "Abandoned" next to its name.

Because at the end the dev realized that you just can't please everyone but his game was ruined by all those changes of direction.
Just stay true to yourself.

Bella has the same position as a Victoria or Mila just that Bella's plot is the first really important one.

Anyway, all that said you are an amazing developer. Good luck with everything you do. I hope that you continue to gain more Patreons, you truly deserve at least twice as many. Take care. :love:
Thank you for your kind words. :giggle:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
In the natural, non-dating state, the MC knows about information J.

You tell Girl A off and miss out on information K which would've replaced information J. (What the MC has known previously)
Then you interact with Girl B.. She will give you either Information L or M. This depends on Information J or K.

But information K might get you into trouble later because Information O from Girl E replaced Information W you got from Person D.
But if you had Information W then Information K would've led you to a completely different route.

And whatever the MC says, will be handled as an Information and will influence the other person. An important factor here is... The girls/males talk with each other off-screen and behind the MC.

MC dates Girl I --> MC hears about Info B².
MC doesn't date Girl I --> MC never hears about and still is in the info B mindset.

And now MC speaks with Nami and tells her about .
And Nami will talk with Person Z and either tell her/him about or not which will result in Person Z either telling Person C about or not. Which will result in either Info M² or being spread in the background.

I hope it's understandable but those romance choices are not just yes or no choices and the way the finale plays will be heavily influenced by what the MC did.
And this doesn't mean that a romance will always give you the right info. Just because it appeared good at first, can get back to you lately because of another sub-route that was pulling strings in the background.
An introduction to Chaos Theory, by Professor Dr. Ocean Lab.

Last edited:

MickeyTrufi

Oct 28, 2019
Downloading. The renders look so good, I'm gonna give it a try.

Edit: Well, after play it the only thing I can say is... WOW. I can't wait for the next update, I love it !

Last edited:

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
i really fuking love this game ,the story,charachters,the girls are simply unbelievable i love Victoria na dhonestly im attracted also from Bella i think she sn't sooo bad as she show ,can't wait to play the next updates ,definitively a game to play ,excellent job again to ms Oceanlab :love: (y)

MickeyTrufi

Oct 28, 2019
i really fuking love this game ,the story,charachters,the girls are simply unbelievable i love Victoria na dhonestly im attracted also from Bella i think she sn't sooo bad as she show ,can't wait to play the next updates ,definitively a game to play ,excellent job again to ms Oceanlab :love: (y)
Victoria is sooooo cute. If I were the MC it whould be like: "I've just meet Victoria, but if something bad happen to her I'm gonna kill you all and then kill myself" :ROFLMAO:

Bella is my second fav girl too.

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
Im wondering what's really happened to Summer i mean will be possible maybe that we will found her or what's happened to her? because everything is so unclear she left the house with MC with the police agent and puff disappeared? Oceanlab :unsure: :alien::devilish:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FAP369ZONE
May 18, 2019

Hello

I did post one of these progress/diary updates before about my progress in Blender.
From now on I will call it "Blender diary"

Learning a 3D software is lonely and quite stressful. (Thank god I have a blender buddy.)

By doing these diaries I am kinda sharing my thoughts, problems, and achievements with you guys to relieve stress and also give you an insight into my work. (And if you can explain something, you understood it.)

For those who don't know... As soon as Where it all began and Summer's Gone reach Season 2, the games will be made in Blender.

These diaries are very technical and you might often not understand what I am saying. But I am trying my best to make it understandable.

I am dedicating 2-3h a day to learning Blender.

Since then I acquired a trainload of new knowledge and skills.

The further you go down in this post the more recent it gets.

I did post this picture in the last diary.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since then, the skin shading made some steps forwards but it's hard to judge because this render is so dark.
A day later I rendered it in a brighter environment with some updated skin-shading nodes.

Then I converted the next char to Blender. It was Helen.

With Helen new problems arrived.
In Blender, you don't have a function to fit clothes to a character and because Helen has some very beautiful curves, it was a challenge to fit them to her.

In this render, I sculpt it onto her which lead to a lot of problems but I managed to create a decent fit.

(A friend told me about a much better way to do it and I gladly don't have to do it anymore.)

A big problem (Which might have been solved and this step will no longer be necessary) is that the DAZ geometry was off in some areas.

I am talking about the teeth.

I already worked on the upper row but the bottom teeth are untouched. As you can see there are some huge gaps between them and they look even worse rendered.

This means you have to manually fix the teeth in Edit mode.

The gum is also off and needs to be fixed manually.

The bottom row fixed.

This has to be done for every char you convert. (But as I said it might be fixed.)

This char up there is the new Miru and after I finished most of the work on her.
I obviously did put my newly acquired knowledge to use and gave her a better Skin-Shader than the one Dana has in the pictures above (Dana & Helen have the better one now, too.)

(This is a custom from the custom tier and this person has given me the permission to do them in Blender so that I can enhance my skills while being productive)

The next destination was to convert two Summer's Gone characters.

Here is the younger version of the MC from SG during my work on his skin shader. The arms haven't been modified yet.

I sadly got the idea of screenshotting my Blender stuff very late and the biggest challenge here was to fit the brows onto his face.
The MC here is a special case due to his texture maps.

The brows were on a separate map and Blender was only able to show one.. Either the face or the brows. As you can imagine, a huge mess got converted and it took me quite some time to figure out how to merge those two maps. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots of the mess)

Now that I had some characters on a decent shader level I wanted to slowly get into the part I most desire in Blender.
Animating.

My first test was with the Miru model and the first thing I wanted to do was some boob physics.

Animating in Blender feels super nice! It's 1000 suns above Daz.

I do have a huge interest in physics. This means that I don't have to manually animate certain parts like boobs, butts, and hair and it just simulates the physics of the movement.

And now the headache began.

After testing out different methods and realizing that every time I started a simulation, my whole PC froze because the Daz character creators are throwing around Polys like crazy.

(I discovered the solution to this (This will be shown in the next diary.) after I tried out a different method.

This different method was by simulating the boob-bones instead of the mesh.

And then this happened...
(Put the quality in these videos up. They start at 240p for some reason)

Suddenly every bone in her body was like Harry Potter's arm during the quidditch match in Part 2.
Everything had these physics on them and It took me a day to figure out why and fix it.

After I finally managed to get some physic only onto the boobs... I got this result

As you can see this looks fucking weird. As if there was an illusion of movement.
I didn't know why the boob-bones were reacting like this and there was nothing I could do.

- Here from a different perspective with different settings but still the same.

I did like 15 test-animations of this but no matter what I did.. It didn't work.

I first expected that something with the weight map was wrong and I tried to modify it in every direction. But this was a dead-end.

Until today and I finally managed to figure out how to make it work.

This is just a test animation so no worries about some bugs but I found out how it works.

I managed to make it work because I added 2 extra bones (red) to the boob-main-bones and did put physics onto those two bones.

The two big bones are now Child-bones and controlled by the small bones on which I applied the physics.
And now that I know how to make it work it's time to play around with it and find the most realistic settings.

Daz Genesis 8 characters do not have butt bones and I will have to rig the butts myself and I will do this in the near future.

I will end this diary here and with the next diary, you can expect some Boob, ass, and hair physic videos and some new renders.

- Ocean

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Interesting assortment of characters...one to keep an eye on. Not sure which character I like the most, certainly one with many paths to come I see. Not sure how this and WIAB will pan out with you working on both concurrently, best of luck juggling them both.

One criticism though and I hope I don't offend with this, is that I take it you are not a native English speaker? I only spotted about 3 or 4 actual errors, couple of errors where Bella is speaking but the MC's name shows up but those are forgivable with the coding. However, there is a hell of a lot of bad English throughout the entire two chapters. It makes sense, what you were trying to say is understandable, but the phrasing is not good. To an English speaker, you can tell it's not written by someone who speaks native or fluently. I don't know how important that is to you though, maybe look for a proof-reader perhaps for the future, though interestingly, I didn't notice these issues with WIAB, unless I somehow just overlooked them on my playthroughs.

Anyway, two of yours now on my watchlist, this is shaping up to be quite interesting indeed. Best of luck.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
So is this abandoned or what?

Hello

I did post one of these progress/diary updates before about my progress in Blender.
From now on I will call it "Blender diary"

Learning a 3D software is lonely and quite stressful. (Thank god I have a blender buddy.)

By doing these diaries I am kinda sharing my thoughts, problems, and achievements with you guys to relieve stress and also give you an insight into my work. (And if you can explain something, you understood it.)

For those who don't know... As soon as Where it all began and Summer's Gone reach Season 2, the games will be made in Blender.

These diaries are very technical and you might often not understand what I am saying. But I am trying my best to make it understandable.

I am dedicating 2-3h a day to learning Blender.

Since then I acquired a trainload of new knowledge and skills.

The further you go down in this post the more recent it gets.

I did post this picture in the last diary.

Since then, the skin shading made some steps forwards but it's hard to judge because this render is so dark.
A day later I rendered it in a brighter environment with some updated skin-shading nodes.

Then I converted the next char to Blender. It was Helen.

With Helen new problems arrived.
In Blender, you don't have a function to fit clothes to a character and because Helen has some very beautiful curves, it was a challenge to fit them to her.

In this render, I sculpt it onto her which lead to a lot of problems but I managed to create a decent fit.

(A friend told me about a much better way to do it and I gladly don't have to do it anymore.)

A big problem (Which might have been solved and this step will no longer be necessary) is that the DAZ geometry was off in some areas.

I am talking about the teeth.

I already worked on the upper row but the bottom teeth are untouched. As you can see there are some huge gaps between them and they look even worse rendered.

This means you have to manually fix the teeth in Edit mode.

The gum is also off and needs to be fixed manually.

The bottom row fixed.

This has to be done for every char you convert. (But as I said it might be fixed.)

This char up there is the new Miru and after I finished most of the work on her.
I obviously did put my newly acquired knowledge to use and gave her a better Skin-Shader than the one Dana has in the pictures above (Dana & Helen have the better one now, too.)

(This is a custom from the custom tier and this person has given me the permission to do them in Blender so that I can enhance my skills while being productive)

The next destination was to convert two Summer's Gone characters.

Here is the younger version of the MC from SG during my work on his skin shader. The arms haven't been modified yet.

I sadly got the idea of screenshotting my Blender stuff very late and the biggest challenge here was to fit the brows onto his face.
The MC here is a special case due to his texture maps.

The brows were on a separate map and Blender was only able to show one.. Either the face or the brows. As you can imagine, a huge mess got converted and it took me quite some time to figure out how to merge those two maps. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots of the mess)

Now that I had some characters on a decent shader level I wanted to slowly get into the part I most desire in Blender.
Animating.

My first test was with the Miru model and the first thing I wanted to do was some boob physics.

Animating in Blender feels super nice! It's 1000 suns above Daz.

I do have a huge interest in physics. This means that I don't have to manually animate certain parts like boobs, butts, and hair and it just simulates the physics of the movement.

And now the headache began.

After testing out different methods and realizing that every time I started a simulation, my whole PC froze because the Daz character creators are throwing around Polys like crazy.

(I discovered the solution to this (This will be shown in the next diary.) after I tried out a different method.

This different method was by simulating the boob-bones instead of the mesh.

And then this happened...
(Put the quality in these videos up. They start at 240p for some reason)

Suddenly every bone in her body was like Harry Potter's arm during the quidditch match in Part 2.
Everything had these physics on them and It took me a day to figure out why and fix it.

After I finally managed to get some physic only onto the boobs... I got this result

As you can see this looks fucking weird. As if there was an illusion of movement.
I didn't know why the boob-bones were reacting like this and there was nothing I could do.

- Here from a different perspective with different settings but still the same.

I did like 15 test-animations of this but no matter what I did.. It didn't work.

I first expected that something with the weight map was wrong and I tried to modify it in every direction. But this was a dead-end.

Until today and I finally managed to figure out how to make it work.

This is just a test animation so no worries about some bugs but I found out how it works.

I managed to make it work because I added 2 extra bones (red) to the boob-main-bones and did put physics onto those two bones.

The two big bones are now Child-bones and controlled by the small bones on which I applied the physics.
And now that I know how to make it work it's time to play around with it and find the most realistic settings.

Daz Genesis 8 characters do not have butt bones and I will have to rig the butts myself and I will do this in the near future.

I will end this diary here and with the next diary, you can expect some Boob, ass, and hair physic videos and some new renders.

- Ocean

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
Back when you first discover this site and these types of games, most of the average stuff will do the trick and you will be content. But after some time you need something more genuine. At least for me, as a literature guy. I always loved good writing, more than the actual fun stuff most games focus on. So this design choice is perfect for me.

I love Ocean's writing and plot construction skills from WIAB, so I expected a similar experience. And damn boy this game did not disappoint.

Feels like an actual piece of literature rather than the usual look and forget kind of works. Interesting characters with a good premise of a story. Then to add, you see the Ocean's growing experience of the mechanical side of things. Character models, renders are amazing. Quality is far superior to the average works. Short cinematic styled animations are mesmerizing.

Just like WIAB 0.6, you can see the level of the upgrade from SG's 0.2, everything seems to will only get better and better.

I must especially mention the number of funny lines this game has to offer. So many good jokes, funny interactions. Not afraid to touch and joke about some subjects which many do not risk bringing to their universe just because of a potential backlash. Praise for that. Quality lines made me laugh several times.

Amazing game, can't wait for more. I hope it gets more exposure.

juanmiou

Sep 8, 2017
Wow I'm totally hooked, this game goes directly to the tops of my list, i don't care about sex content right now though a couple of scenes wouldn't hurt ;) i don't know, maybe that policewoman could arrive a bit later hehe

I'm getting the vibe of those classic scifi/mistery novels where you are oblivious of what's happening. I read through the thread and most of you go for a serial killer kind of plot, maybe (and probably) that's what it is, but i saw some things that lead me to another kind of thoughts. I mean the strange lights, the eerie atmosphere, some MC's inner thoughts, the vanishing thing, the alien face on the blackboard... :alien: haha Yes, yes, probably i'm totally wrong, but as a lover of dark mistery scifi novels i can't keep those thoughts out of my mind :LOL:

Anyway, it's refreshing to see a game that focus on the plot and character development instead on forced sexual scenes but, as i said before, a couple wouldn't hurt.

Renders are another pro, not just the beautiful ladies, anyone with a good machine can do that, but the artistic part... is really amazing, helps a lot with the inmersion, great work there (y)

Thanks for the game and keep the good work, i'm eager for the next update

Andre Young

Aug 3, 2020
Thinking that the plot was about how the summer ended. Not that the MC's friend / girlfriend named Summer disappeared without a trace. I also wanted to know if Victoria would walk again and what happened to Bella's sister.
The game is on another level.
The characters, art,renders and plot are excellent.
I look forward to the next update.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes