JaZy2

Jan 15, 2021
I am quite curious about one thing, when did Ocean start reworking previous chapters? Like did he start after he released a X update?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
So Nami and the MC are no longer siblings but adoptive siblings?
Not in the Patreon version, they don't permit incest & Nami is one of the main love interests. You need to use the patch to restore the original relationships.
They never were in the first place.
Yes they were, prior to Ch 3 MC & Nami were biological siblings, Maja & Vic were siblings, the missing person Bella is torn up about was her sister. Like many devs, Oceanlab retconned his game to comply with Patreon's revised terms.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Even with the IC patch I mean.
It's inconsistently implemented in the patch. I think they're struggling to keep track of the two scripts. Installing the typo fix mod corrects a couple of places where they missed it (based on what they used in the v0.2 release).

Reactions: Razrback16

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Yes they were, prior to Ch 3 MC & Nami were biological siblings, Maja & Vic were siblings, the missing person Bella is torn up about was her sister. Like many devs, Oceanlab retconned his game to comply with Patreon's revised terms.
Whaaaat?! This is... shocking & confusing.

So the Original Story is with the IP... maybe I should play it again with the IP.

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
For someone who just looked into OceanLab's games; can anyone give a quick run-down of how the developer's process is currently looking? Is he developing both Summer's Gone and Where It All Began at the same time? If so, how is he prioritizing between them?

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
how the developer's process is currently looking?
The next update will be released in either late April or May.

The updates take quite some time to release, given that the top-notch quality that this VN provides, takes time to produce.

Recently he has made some improvements to the way he works which will boost his speed significantly.
Is he developing both Summer's Gone and Where It All Began at the same time? If so, how is he prioritizing between them?
Yes, he is developing both SG and WiAB at the same time. He works on SG one day and WiAB the next day and the cycle repeats.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I am quite curious about one thing, when did Ocean start reworking previous chapters? Like did he start after he released a X update?
I think he's been doing it gradually for a bit (but I don't know exactly how long) as I can testify that some of the earlier renders of some of the girls are with lower quality models and graphics and it's VERY noticeable. Look at Amber in the current v3.5 build the first time MC shows up at the house with Bella and then look at her in her green club dress in a later interaction in the story...holy fk is the difference INSANE.

He has said his goal is to get it all up to the same quality level by Ch 5 so he can release on Steam.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes