Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, in my defence I should say, it's not that I'm disgusted by the incest topic itself, rather I found it absolutely unnecessary for the most VN's I've seen so far. They keep adding juicy landladies and roommates and a lot of roommating scenes instead of writing an interesting and captivate plot. And when there is no story or it's trivial and boring, then there is no difference to me whether the plastic Ken and Barbie from a lewd scene are supposed to be a siblings. And when an author honestly tries to write a good plot and make the characters a plausible, likeable and lively, so that readers empathize with them, he or she has to somehow justify why the hell did the MC suddenly in a desperate need of banging all of his female relatives.
Totally get it.

I am a drama queen so I prefer plot and character development over any lewd. In fact, my favorite novels have no lewd (or essrntially no lewd) at all.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Totally get it.

I am a drama queen so I prefer plot and character development over any lewd. In fact, my favorite novels have no lewd (or essrntially no lewd) at all.
inaccurate... Rebirth has something even lewder.... catfights

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ayhsel

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Well, in my defence I should say, it's not that I'm disgusted by the incest topic itself, rather I found it absolutely unnecessary for the most VN's I've seen so far. They keep adding juicy landladies and roommates and a lot of roommating scenes instead of writing an interesting and captivate plot. And when there is no story or it's trivial and boring, then there is no difference to me whether the plastic Ken and Barbie from a lewd scene are supposed to be a siblings. And when an author honestly tries to write a good plot and make the characters a plausible, likeable and lively, so that readers empathize with them, he or she has to somehow justify why the hell did the MC suddenly in a desperate need of banging all of his female relatives.
Why would sibling relationship spoils it empathy is normal thing but do you empathize your own sister to nami if they're related as siblings? Then you have some fucked up brain.no one's playing incest thinking about their family members dude they just like those 3d character they put themselves in MC's pov not those 3d models in actual people around them.and the whole nami MC thing revolves around forbidden love anyways.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I mean in the reworked, same cast, more less the same story but with more quality and that goes also for the animations and renders
Ocean stated last(?) week, that chapter 2 was the last thing we know from the the old WIAB. From chapter 3 on is all diffrent/new.

No, the patch is unattributed. The author could be anyone... nudge-nudge, wink-wink.
Let's justput the patch aside for a short moment, i have a question from you according this.

Is unrenning the archive.rpa the only way to take a look into the file? Or are there other ways?
If i try notepad++ it don't throw me an error or don't tell me it can't be opened. Notepad just says me that the file is to big to be opened.

Same.. and I like that, to be honest.

Nice to see a mom just being a great mom, for once!!
nope-badger.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Naaaah man, I stopped talking to weirdos that see NTR everywhere they look about a week after I signed up here. You can't unfuck their mind and it's just better for my mental wellbeing overall.
View attachment 2155821
Yup, getting to that point as well. It's more fun to call for more NTR in games. ;) :p

The ONLY women you're going to find that have not had sex with another man is a virgin. Otherwise, prepare to be disappointed playing these games. heheh

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Is unrenning the archive.rpa the only way to take a look into the file? Or are there other ways?
If i try notepad++ it don't throw me an error or don't tell me it can't be opened. Notepad just says me that the file is to big to be opened.
An .rpa is basically a Ren'Py .rar (Ren'Py archive I think are the meaning of the letters), so it is a collection of different files. If the files within contain .rpy, then you can open those with notepad/sublime. If they are .rpyc, you have to decompile them first.

Reactions: Meushi and Ayhsel

As1m

Jan 18, 2022
Are there any other games similar to this that you would recommend(other than wiab)? Gotta keep myself busy until the next update.

Reactions: Ghosty99

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
empathy is normal thing but do you empathize your own sister to nami if they're related as siblings? Then you have some fucked up brain.
Sorry, but I didn't get what you're implying by this. But what's true is that my brain pretty fucked up now :)
no one's playing incest thinking about their family members dude they just like those 3d character they put themselves in MC's pov not those 3d models in actual people around them
And where exactly did I say that I associate fictional characters from the game with my own relatives? You've read it wrong if you get this impression. I've said that the theme of incest is completely unnecessary for the plot of most VNs. As already mentioned in this thread before, MC and Nami already have a sibling's relationship, and whether they are related by blood or not, it wouldn't make their relationship easier or harder than they are now, but that would make sex between them illegal. Is incest even illegal in the fictional world of SG? And what's the purpose of this in terms of plot?
and the whole nami MC thing revolves around forbidden love anyways.
I completely agree, but since when the theme of forbidden love and the theme of incest are exactly the same thing? Romeo and Juliet weren't relatives if I recall it correctly but all the drama is built upon the forbidden love.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I've said that the theme of incest is completely unnecessary for the plot of most VNs. As already mentioned in this thread before, MC and Nami already have a sibling's relationship, and whether they are related by blood or not, it wouldn't make their relationship easier or harder than they are now, but that would make sex between them illegal.
You seem to think that religious and civil laws are intertwined in the entire world. It is not the case. In my country, France, and in a few others, incest is not illegal. To quote you: “Is incest even illegal in the fictional world of SG?” Why should it be? Because you believe that incest is illegal per se?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You seem to think that religious and civil laws are intertwined in the entire world. It is not the case. In my country, France, and in a few others, incest is not illegal. To quote you: “Is incest even illegal in the fictional world of SG?” Why should it be? Because you believe that incest is illegal per se?
No, I don't think so, I know there are countries where it's legal. I just assumed that's the case for SG world. And if I was wrong, then incest theme means even less to the plot, imho.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Sorry, but I didn't get what you're implying by this. But what's true is that my brain pretty fucked up now :)

And where exactly did I say that I associate fictional characters from the game with my own relatives? You've read it wrong if you get this impression. I've said that the theme of incest is completely unnecessary for the plot of most VNs. As already mentioned in this thread before, MC and Nami already have a sibling's relationship, and whether they are related by blood or not, it wouldn't make their relationship easier or harder than they are now, but that would make sex between them illegal. Is incest even illegal in the fictional world of SG? And what's the purpose of this in terms of plot?

I completely agree, but since when the theme of forbidden love and the theme of incest are exactly the same thing? Romeo and Juliet weren't relatives if I recall it correctly but all the drama is built upon the forbidden love.
Dude still living in medival era

Reactions: johndoe19

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
Honestly? To me it does. As someone who has had a hard time getting off to lewd stills or 10 second loop animations since I was a teen I play these games, as silly as it sounds, for the story with the lewd factor added in.

And this is something that has bothered me since I started SG. I get Ocean wants to unveil the story and character backgrounds slowly but I hate ambiguity. My gameplay, the way I choose to act as the MC will vary radically depending on what his connection is to Nami and Nojiko.

At the end of the day it isn't a big deal for now since I can just wait for answers and then re-play the game from the start with the correct perspective. But it is frustrating however, playing an MC riddled with trauma and social issues, not knowing clearly the nature of his relationship with the 2 most important characters of his life.
I don't get it.
As far as MC is concerned, Nani is his sister and Nojiko is his adopted and pretty much the only mother.
While what's even in question regarding his relationship with Nojiko in the first place is unknown to me, whatever new information regarding Nani's blood relation, we the players might learn in the future, won't be something already known to MC beforehand. It would be news to MC as well.
So, I don't really get how a possible future revelation in this subject could help the enjoyment received from the story retroactively, or guide the early choices, if the changes come from future knowledge.

If the situations were that MC already knew something, but we the players didn't and that information revealed, then your post would've made sense.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
You can't look at an RPA container with a text editor, because as deuxrayme explained it's an archive of many files. Which is why the SG archive.rpa is >5GB, it contains all the images, videos etc. too.

So yes you need a tool to unpack the RPA so you can get to the files inside. I find UnRen (fork) the simplest solution. There are other tools, but generally they're either harder to use, or aren't maintained so may not work on recent games.

Once you unpack the RPA, the script files will be RPY and/or RPYC files. The RPYC files are compiled versions of the RPY scripts, so you won't be able to examine RPYC files with a text editor either. You need to decompile the RPYC files into RPY files to view their contents (UnRen can do this).

If you're unpacking a game, don't do it in your main game folder as that can lead to problems. Extract the game to a different folder, and unpack it there.

The site OctavianusAugustus linked to might be an option, the only obvious downside is you need to upload the RPA file to it (5+ GB for SG). Though if you've got fast enough internet that might not be a problem.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes