• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Nah, at some point in the AVN one character asked Nika why Nami is a redhead and his answer was basically "I don't know". How could he possibly not know why she is redhead when they aren't actual siblings? If they are step siblings why he didn't just clarified that they are actually not related and that's why she has red hair and he doesn't? Because they are real siblings.

Only dense people believe they arent blood related as if that wasnt the standard way many AVN use to avoid getting banned from Patreon or Steam.
If his parents died when he was three how would he know. He said he doesnt even remember them and Nami is a yr older than him. So how would he know why she has red hair. Now that you say this makes me wonder have we seen a redhead in WIAB. Since we know alot of the parents are from there.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If people did not support him on patreon that it woud be not even possible. At least release it at the same time for higher tiers... So 15 Euro on steam an 20 euro patreons.
I think Ocean made the right call - release on Steam first versus a simultaneous release on Patreon/SS.

This is a business decision, not a decision to harm his support base, and I am part of that support base.

Once it's released on Patreon/SS - someone will get it uploaded on F95 and then go to Steam and taunt those who are paying for something they can take 'for free' on F95.

There are already some trolls on this thread who have boasted that they will do this or something like it.

I'd rather this approach (Steam first then a week delay for Patreon/SS tier release schedule) than Ocean taking the time to add a unique online verification requirement to each install to prevent anyone from using their copy of SG in more than one place.

IMO, his time is better spent on developing season 2 content versus getting into single use tech for software.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Keep supporting him, and receive the release after 7 days. kkkkkkkkkkkk

View attachment 3616932
Yeah not problem for me, i´m not a Patreon supporter but i´m going to buy it there (and maybe if i like season 1 even maintain the subscription) and if i have been able to resist the temptation to play the 5.0 beta and wait sooo much time for the final season 1 i can wait some weeks more.
giphy.gif

Winterstale

Formerly 'Wintertale'
Oct 3, 2018
I think Ocean made the right call - release on Steam first versus a simultaneous release on Patreon/SS.

This is a business decision, not a decision to harm his support base, and I am part of that support base.

Once it's released on Patreon/SS - someone will get it uploaded on F95 and then go to Steam and taunt those who are paying for something they can take 'for free' on F95.

There are already some trolls on this thread who have boasted that they will do this or something like it.

I'd rather this approach (Steam first then a week delay for Patreon/SS tier release schedule) than Ocean taking the time to add a unique online verification requirement to each install to prevent anyone from using their copy of SG in more than one place.

IMO, his time is better spent on developing season 2 content versus getting into single use tech for software.

Cheers!! :coffee:
Absolutely, I'm with you on that one. Releasing the game on Steam first gives the dev a chance to ride the wave of excitement that comes with launching on a widely-used platform. It's a smart move to kickstart sales, bringing in income and covering the initial costs of development. :whistle::coffee:

1715251868906.png

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
It doesn't seem to me to be the right move. I think the more places you put it on sale at the same time the better. People who don't intend to buy it, won't buy it anyway and will wait until it's here.
I think that making people who are already making the game financially maintainable wait for it is not entirely the right thing to do. I know there will be people who will buy it on steam and patreon. But most people will buy it once only. And if we're honest the non-patreon versions (oddly enough) are less attractive, as they're worth the same and are the most censored.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
It doesn't seem to me to be the right move. I think the more places you put it on sale at the same time the better. People who don't intend to buy it, won't buy it anyway and will wait until it's here.
I think that making people who are already making the game financially maintainable wait for it is not entirely the right thing to do. I know there will be people who will buy it on steam and patreon. But most people will buy it once only. And if we're honest the non-patreon versions (oddly enough) are less attractive, as they're worth the same and are the most censored.
Well, yes but no, i mean, the strategy Ocean is following makes sense, but what you are saying makes sense too. I think this is a complex topic. Anyway Ocean has made a decision and we only can wait to the tomorrow release and each people buy it where they want :)

The rework is done and the wait comes to an end.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Well, yes but no, i mean, the strategy Ocean is following makes sense, but what you are saying makes sense too. I think this is a complex topic. Anyway Ocean has made a decision and we only can wait to the tomorrow release and each people buy it where they want :)

The rework is done and the wait comes to an end.
I agree, it's his game and he does what he thinks is best. I don't expect him to change it. I would have thought it would have been better in a Wiab case or developers where the game is not financially supported on a monthly basis.
For me I have to wait another week, anyway I'm in no rush to play it, I'm more interested in continuing the story than the rework and that's what the beta already gave me. It will be more about replaying to create new saves with all the paths, than anything else.

Reactions: Don Sucio

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
If people did not support him on patreon that it woud be not even possible. At least release it at the same time for higher tiers... So 15 Euro on steam an 20 euro patreons.
Yeah, completely right, without supporters this Steam release would not be even possible, so they are perefectly understand why the successful release on Steam is important for the further development of THEIR game and why Ocean made this decision. IMHO, they don't mind it because they know that the most time they get access to new content faster than on any other distribution platform. But the Steam release is an exception, and a one-time thing in a few years. Most people are understanding and don't mind. At least that's the impression I get from reading what supporters write on Ocean's Discord or on SS.

The information that the full season will be published on Patreon later than on Steam was announced at least a month ago. For those people who think it will be too expensive for them, additionally buy the game on Steam just to get it a week early, or think it's unfair to Patreon/SS subscribers, well, they've had plenty of time to cancel their subscription this month or downgrade it to the lowest tier. So it's not a problem for the supporters either.

It seems that problems are mainly only have those who are waiting here for their hero, while constantly shitting both on the game and the developer.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
It seems that problems are mainly only have those who are waiting here for their hero, while constantly shitting both on the game and the developer.
Isn't this always the case Yoss?

It's unbelievable how much anger one week's delay for a game release can cause.
You guys would have never survived Vietnam.
While I get the setiment (and agree), many actually didn't survive....a better statement might be more useful ;)

bandos90

Jul 7, 2021
My bad if this was said before just need clarification, Is there a new update if so when is it being released. Thanks

4.40 star(s) 489 Votes