mbs123a

Mar 14, 2022
It's pretty hard, so I gave up. Maybe tomorrow.
haha take ur time. hard to know exaclty how much he gains. but i do know that PAYING for music holy fuck that stuff is expensive... and somehow still risky even after u alredy bought it becasue of studios and contract and licince and shit..
and i know having a 3090 going on almost 24/7 now when power bills and gas is up it cost even more to have alot of rigs and pc power on. prob talking 250+ extre dollers in cover costs a month power alone.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
My entire plan fell apart when I realised that it's not possible to view the offline members in the discord server lol. But it should be around $2.8k-7k/month or $36k-$84k annually.

Reactions: Nekiorem

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
haha take ur time. hard to know exaclty how much he gains. but i do know that PAYING for music holy fuck that stuff is expensive... and somehow still risky even after u alredy bought it becasue of studios and contract and licince and shit..
and i know having a 3090 going on almost 24/7 now when power bills and gas is up it cost even more to have alot of rigs and pc power on. prob talking 250+ extre dollers in cover costs a month power alone.
yup he mentioned once about his power bills being really high. his current investment plans is software and music then a (or another) RTX 3090 or A6000 so thinking about hiring another member is way far
hopefully after blender switch (chapter 5 :rolleyes:long way) freelancers might help in speeding up.
My entire plan fell apart when I realised that it's not possible to view the offline members in the discord server lol. But it should be around $2.8k-7k/month or $36k-$84k annually.
taxes:oops: takin up quite a bite in there

Last edited:

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I think there's a high chance that this game might get abandoned before it gets completed.
Ocean said he's planning on there being 30+ episodes, but that's just bullshit. I don't think he really thinks that he can work on this game for 30 years.
Even if he pulls magic out of his ass and starts releasing updates every 5 months, with every update being a full chapter, it'll still take 10+ years.
Realistically, for his plan to succeed he needs to at least release 4 updates per year, change the amount of content in a chapter, or change the scope of the game.
Any thoughts?
This theory would be credible if(and only if) Oceanlab's patreon were to stop growing and people were to stop playing his games suddenly. But none of that is going to happen anytime soon(if ever). As a matter of fact, the opposite's been happening ever since chapter 2. Oceanlab isn't DPC. He's already expressed his willingness to seek help when he can afford it. With the number of people speaking of him abandoning this game, you'd think that's what they want. This sentiment has been brought up dozens, perhaps even hundreds of times within this thread. What, besides being annoying, is that supposed to accomplish?

Frustrated with the development period? Support him through Patreon so that he can reach goals that may lower said development period. That's the only real way to fix this problem. Patreon helps him to deal with problems such as hardware(and software) limitations, and task management(hiring people that can perform certain tasks for him). Also, if we're being realistic, this was always a multi-year project. Realistically speaking, Summer's Gone would need a drastic increase in support to achieve Oceanlab's goal. Luckily, his support significantly increases following every update. His Patreon was never stagnant.

Prior to chapter 3.5, there were 100+ fewer ratings and nearly a thousand dollars less(more or less) worth of Patreon support. Aside from 3 to 5 other Adult Visual Novels on this site, Summer's Gone has always been most anticipated when it came to its updates(especially recently). Even amongst those 5, Summer's Gone is arguably the most anticipated right now. What they have in common(aside from excellent quality), is that they all receive a dramatic boost in support following each update. So while 30 chapters may seem ambitious(and it is), it is not at all an impossibility. An AVN is not easy to make, especially one of this quality. Honestly, the fact that Oceanlab is even releasing Summer's Gone updates in less than a year is something of a miracle considering what he has to work with.

Oceanlab know that most of us here appreciate what you're doing. Alright, back to discord I go. Lol, I wonder how long it'll be before this comment also disappears.

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
This theory would be credible if(and only if) Oceanlab's patreon were to stop growing and people were to stop playing his games suddenly. But none of that is going to happen anytime soon(if ever). As a matter of fact, the opposite's been happening ever since chapter 2. Oceanlab isn't DPC. He's already expressed his willingness to seek help when he can afford it. With the number of people speaking of him abandoning this game, you'd think that's what they want. This sentiment has been brought up dozens, perhaps even hundreds of times within this thread. What, besides being annoying, is that supposed to accomplish?

Frustrated with the development period? Support him through Patreon so that he can reach goals that may lower said development period. That's the only real way to fix this problem. Patreon helps him to deal with problems such as hardware(and software) limitations, and task management(hiring people that can perform certain tasks for him). Also, if we're being realistic, this was always a multi-year project. Realistically speaking, Summer's Gone would need a drastic increase in support to achieve Oceanlab's goal. Luckily, his support significantly increases following every update. His Patreon was never stagnant.

Prior to chapter 3.5, there were 100+ fewer ratings and nearly a thousand dollars less(more or less) worth of Patreon support. Aside from 3 to 5 other Adult Visual Novels on this site, Summer's Gone has always been most anticipated when it came to its updates(especially recently). Even amongst those 5, Summer's Gone is arguably the most anticipated right now. What they have in common(aside from excellent quality), is that they all receive a dramatic boost in support following each update. So while 30 chapters may seem ambitious(and it is), it is not at all an impossibility. An AVN is not easy to make, especially one of this quality. Honestly, the fact that Oceanlab is even releasing Summer's Gone updates in less than a year is something of a miracle considering what he has to work with.

Oceanlab know that most of us here appreciate what you're doing. Alright, back to discord I go. Lol, I wonder how long it'll be before this comment also disappears.
Eh, the trends are pretty spiky. My main concern was burnout and lack of interest. I was just worried about whether or not Ocean will stay developing one game for 10+ years. How many games have you break the 10 year development period? How many of those were abandoned?

I'm only saying this because I saw that Ocean loses tens of patrons each month, even with the ones that sub back. This month he lost more than 40 patrons.

For fucks sake, I'm not mad about the development cycle. Can you guys shut the fuck up with your moral grandstanding "Oh if you don't like it, then support the dev on Patreon" That's not even what I was talking about. Every single one of my favourite games only release updates once a year. I don't know how you managed to bring that up.

Reactions: Sweet Force

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
By the way, I managed to narrow it down to about $72k-75k annually, or 6k-6.3k monthly y'all

Last edited:

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
For fucks sake, I'm not mad about the development cycle. Can you guys shut the fuck up with your moral grandstanding "Oh if you don't like it, then support the dev on Patreon" That's not even what I was talking about. Every single one of my favourite games only release updates once a year. I don't know how you managed to bring that up.
Perhaps it was related to... I don't know... the fact that maybe that was the main point of your post? I don't know, I could be wrong... English isn't my first language :giggle:
I think there's a high chance that this game might get abandoned before it gets completed.
Ocean said he's planning on there being 30+ episodes, but that's just bullshit. I don't think he really thinks that he can work on this game for 30 years.
Even if he pulls magic out of his ass and starts releasing updates every 5 months, with every update being a full chapter, it'll still take 10+ years.
Realistically, for his plan to succeed he needs to at least release 4 updates per year, change the amount of content in a chapter, or change the scope of the game.
Any thoughts?
First, you spoke about Summer's Gone being abandoned, then you criticized Ocean's plan in regards to SG's length. You later went on to further elaborate on the absurdity of such a plan by using the 5-month development-cycle example. Finally, you closed out your post with a comment on how he should develop Summer's Gone if he desired realistic success in his endeavor.

If that was not about the development cycle (6-8 months)... then what was it supposed to be about? What exactly is he changing in order to achieve realistic success? What is he changing most is a better question. Most of your points were built on the basis of Summer's Gone taking 6-8 months in order to update. But perhaps I'm missing something here lol

Edit: So what were you talking about? Also, I never claimed that you were mad. You made a comment about a problem, and I made a comment showing the only real solution to that problem. Though I do understand your concerns... the update is literally right around the corner. Last update, SG's Patreon grew at least 250+ patrons. Expect those patrons to come right back if they haven't left for personal reasons. In fact, you can expect many new patrons to pledge following this update.

Last edited:

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
I played this properly last night, with sound too. It is freaking amazing, easily moved into my top 5. Can’t believe how amazing the renders are, and the story is pretty decent. I couldn’t stop playing last night til I finished it (paying the price now).

My only real “ugh” points were the writing with its terrible grammar and general way of speaking, and the idea that some antisocial dweeb has every chick wanting to jump his bones (although that one is standard with every VN lol).

I’m gonna support this guy on Patreon, cause I’d really like to see where this goes. Would be amazing if he can end up hiring help to get updates done quicker.

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
Problem now, the War including how Really Stupid the EU & Nato are with the Sanctions. So power bills will rise and rise. There are times like this that i feel really ashamed that i live in the EU too and our Braindead Politics.
Oh. What a pity. In that case, you should hope that the Russian Federation occupies Ukraine and kills all Ukrainians. Then you can elect a government (of the leftist communists, i guess ) that will again make peace with Russia and lift sanctions in exchange for cheap energy

Laehtsia

May 27, 2020
Berlin believes that the threat of Russian gas supplies being cut off is now imminent. To wean itself off Russian gas, Germany needs time, much more than for oil or coal, about two years.
And because Moscow's new demands for payment of deliveries in rubles have been rejected by the G7, time may be running out and the German Minister of Economics has just activated level 1 of his emergency plan.
They are getting used to the idea of going to level 3, which is not so unlikely. Same for other countries. Damn, I hope Ocean's gas debt hasn't exploded...

idk792

Apr 20, 2021
This is the reason I check AVN threads. Geopolitics discussion.
Sure, but let's delete on-topic waifu wars instead.
Yea let's avoid politics at all costs. What color are Bella eyes they seem to look differently depending on the scene or maybe I'm just colorblind idk

4.40 star(s) 481 Votes