- 24th Winter Olympics
- Vladimir Putin unilaterally declares war on Ukraine
- Winter Paralympic Games
- 2022 Six Nations Championship
- 94th Oscars ceremony, Will Smith's slap
- Eurovision 2022
- Cannes Film Festival

:sleep:
considering SG ch3.5 (first version) was launched around July 30th, 2021, im sure there are few more big events since that time...in mid August 0.35full was released. just two more months and there shall be SG "latest update anniversary".

this game is great, WIAB also is very good game, yet neither of them will be finished ever, as it has been mentioned numerous times already (one more time never hurts though:BootyTime:)
my only hope is to finally see (around year 2025-6, if no WW3 or something), some real "action" in SG (mc with any fem character, hell even some random hooker would do)...i do appreciate good story with slow relationship build, accompanied with beautiful renders and captivating atmosphere. yet after one-chapter-per-year release schedule for a game that should have 30 chapters, im inclined to accordingly adjust my preferences a bit:HideThePain:

mbs123a

Mar 14, 2022
yup he mentioned once about his power bills being really high. his current investment plans is software and music then a (or another) RTX 3090 or A6000 so thinking about hiring another member is way far
hopefully after blender switch (chapter 5 :rolleyes:long way) freelancers might help in speeding up.

taxes:oops: takin up quite a bite in there

blender switch?

mbs123a

Mar 14, 2022
Eh, the trends are pretty spiky. My main concern was burnout and lack of interest. I was just worried about whether or not Ocean will stay developing one game for 10+ years. How many games have you break the 10 year development period? How many of those were abandoned?

I'm only saying this because I saw that Ocean loses tens of patrons each month, even with the ones that sub back. This month he lost more than 40 patrons.

For fucks sake, I'm not mad about the development cycle. Can you guys shut the fuck up with your moral grandstanding "Oh if you don't like it, then support the dev on Patreon" That's not even what I was talking about. Every single one of my favourite games only release updates once a year. I don't know how you managed to bring that up.

all games take time to make. hell call of duty that is almost the same fawking game every god damn year. ( kinda ) if that was made by 1 person or like Fifa and its litterly almost the same even that would take years for 1 guy to do himself.
i will say tho that him making 2 games at a time might be too much. ofc its nice to have ideas going and if u have a great idea but need 2-4 years to finish what ur alredy doing ur passion/ burn for that idea might die/gone. but hey i think after his chapter 4 + some luck he might strike 25-50 more patreon. i never been much of a fan of patreon . but i always buy the games when they go on steam. even if i alredy played it. and wont replay. and i know i know . steam takes a big cut. but i like to have the game litterly owned and not just a file.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
i dont know what blender means :) other then using it to make smooties :)))
yup he mentioned once about his power bills being really high. his current investment plans is software and music then a (or another) RTX 3090 or A6000 so thinking about hiring another member is way far
hopefully after blender switch (chapter 5 :rolleyes:long way) freelancers might help in speeding up.

taxes:oops: takin up quite a bite in there
I just hope it helps with his animations. The one where he punches the guy is... passable. BaDiK's animation was better

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
I just hope it helps with his animations. The one where he punches the guy is... passable. BaDiK's animation was better
Blender will be an improvement not only because of the software being more flexible but also because of the possibility to mix and create rich texture maps and materials that will be part of specific scene visuals. However, at first it will be more challenging and + time consuming to create animations. There is also a huge library with fantastic PBR materials, normal maps, HDRI maps, etc.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
i dont know what blender means :) other then using it to make smooties :)))
It means he will put his game in a blend
I agree

That being said, this scene was surprisingly great :
Yeah, it's pretty nice for the first minute and a half. But then people stop moving... Although I don't blame Ocean for that. I don't know how long it would have taken to render a 4 minute long animation. Maybe if he made the cinematic out of stills with animations interspersed in between?

Reactions: mbs123a

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
:cry: update on music issue
That's really f*cked up. So many good songs ingame which were just perfectly matched with the scenes and now Ocean has to remove them.
I'm making sure to keep an old back-up from 3.5 so i can "relive" those awesome scenes with the music how they used to be.

Oceanlab plz tell me/us that this song stays... This one just made such a huge impact and i'm still getting goosebumps when i hear it.

4.40 star(s) 480 Votes