AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I already don't really understand why he's working on two games at once which just slows development for both games, but why is he working on the next chapter of Summers Gone as well now, when the latest chapter isn't even finished?
There are basically 3 theories why Ocean is working on 2 games at the same time:

1. He makes 2 games to earn more money. - This is logical, although I think if he had made one game, he would have earned a lot more money.
2. He plays 2 games to prevent burnout. - This is complete nonsense, I don’t even think there’s any need to comment on this.
3.He makes 2 games because there is no completed plot for at least one of these games. - I used to think this version was bad, but Ocean’s constant reworks convinced me otherwise.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
One of my colleagues is 69, another 65. Our electrician is also 69, climbing ladders when he needs without problems. He did mention that he's planning to retire the next year though.
I doubt it's anything special for any of the European countries?
Speaking for my own country, we'll probably barely get any pension money so you'd better be on top of your health at 70+ for all the side jobs you'll have to do. Or better yet, fall off that ladder earlier and be done with it :HideThePain:

2. He plays makes 2 games to prevent burnout. - This is complete nonsense, I don’t even think there’s any need to comment on this.
That is pretty much literally what he said on Discord though, nonsense or not.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
There are basically 3 theories why Ocean is working on 2 games at the same time:

1. He makes 2 games to earn more money. - This is logical, although I think if he had made one game, he would have earned a lot more money.
2. He plays 2 games to prevent burnout. - This is complete nonsense, I don’t even think there’s any need to comment on this.
3.He makes 2 games because there is no completed plot for at least one of these games. - I used to think this version was bad, but Ocean’s constant reworks convinced me otherwise.
Why simply not read about how Ocean feels about abandoning one of his games?

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-7881238

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
After playing Chap 5B I found accidentially, I can´t open older save games anymore
SummersGone-ExceptionError.jpg

I remember have seen a similar notice here in another F95 Ren´Py thread, but forgotten where and what was the solution.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Wonder if William's heterochromia has anything to do with Vanessa in SG... as far as I know, she's -very- different from Zara and Nick.
remember the reason Nick divorced Zara's mom....

and Vanessa is 'seeing' a holgerson despite being WAAAAAAY out of micropenis' league. could explain why she has him wear a buttplug...

• Haha
Reactions: Lurcher1

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
After playing Chap 5B I found accidentially, I can´t open older save games anymore
View attachment 3099627

I remember have seen a similar notice here in another F95 Ren´Py thread, but forgotten where and what was the solution.
That could possibly be something about your system and not the games, actually. Especially if it happens with many games.

What OS are you running these games on?
Do you have Python installed on your system?

Nevermind, I just got the same error trying to load an old save in the new version of "Little Sister".

It seems to have something to do with the Ren'Py SDK being downgraded for the new version of the game:
Version 0.1 of the game was built on Ren'Py 7.3.5.606 and I had 2 save files created there.
Starting the newly released version 0.3 of the same game and trying to load one of the old saves gave me the same error:
Code:
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix
...and full traceback follows.

Since it reports about a missing module, I suspected that Ren'Py SDK may have been upgraded by some new buggy version, but what I actually discovered was that the new version of the game has been built on Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092. It means that Ren'Py has actually been downgraded and save files created by a newer version of Ren'Py can't be loaded because the older version is missing a module that exists in the newer one.

One way to play the new version of the game that has been built on a downgraded Ren'Py version is to start the game from the beginning.

The other one is to upgrade Ren'Py to the version that was used for the previous version of the game: copy folders "renpy" and "lib" from the older version of the game into the newer version and overwrite existing folders and files. Then these old saves that were actually created by a newer version of Ren'Py will work again without the missing module error.

In this case both the new version and the previous version of the Broken Dreamers have been built on the same Ren'Py 7.2.2.491. I'm guessing that the previous compressed version was upgraded to a newer version of Ren'Py by the person who compressed the game and now saves created there won't work with an older version of Ren'Py either in the uncompressed original game or in the new compressed game that hasn't been upgraded to the newer version of Ren'Py.

You should open log.txt file from the previous compressed version of the game and look at the Ren'Py version number. In case it's newer than 7.2.2.491, then I was right about the old compressed version running on a newer version of Ren'Py.
In that case you could copy "renpy" and "lib" folders from that old version into the new one to upgrade Ren'Py to the same version that created those save files.

Reactions: turbojoe
Nov 18, 2019
Hello, I'm 54 and I'm Brazilian. I have anxiety and depression so my V12 engine (head) is only running on 4 cylinders. My only distraction is F95zone games.
So I ask: in chap. 4.5a right after MC and NAMI kiss the game crashes because of the "incest path". Is there any solution for this crash?
If not... if I restart the game from the beginning without the "incest path", will I lose any content between the MC and NAMI?
THANKS

• Thinking Face
Reactions: codex35

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
View attachment 3099627

I think that this post of Meushi may be more relevant to this particular error than the one of mine you quoted: https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-6-2-public-caribdis.93340/post-11899484

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Hello, I'm 54 and I'm Brazilian. I have anxiety and depression so my V12 engine (head) is only running on 4 cylinders. My only distraction is F95zone games.
So I ask: in chap. 4.5a right after MC and NAMI kiss the game crashes because of the "incest path". Is there any solution for this crash?
If not... if I restart the game from the beginning without the "incest path", will I lose any content between the MC and NAMI?
THANKS
Try a clean install, and Sancho mod, it includes the functional IC patch

Reactions: Penfold Mole

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I think there is a need to comment on it, since it seems like a very understandable reason to me. But please, what is your special knowledge of Ocean's brain that makes you so sure you can dismiss his actual words?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Try a clean install, and Sancho mod, it includes the functional IC patch
Sancho also fixed the IC patch without including his mod in case some don't want to use his mod. Should be easy to find searching for Sancho's posts in this thread.

Found 'em! You'll need both of them:
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-12050735
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-12054905

Sancho mod itself is here: https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-5-beta-multi-mod-sancho1969.111677/
By using his mod you don't need the separate fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi and turbojoe
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes