John972

Apr 24, 2018
Honestly, if you realized that there were no sex scenes by reading the disclaimer at the start of the game, that already makes you far less dumb that 90% of people who have the same complaint.

Leave a review. It helps bring awareness to others who may want to try the game. I wish the mods would add a tag or a warning in the thread title.
Yeah, it's about time a special disclaimer was added by the Mods to the front page, which also serves as a warning for users not to troll.

There's another AVN on this site that had a thread flooded with trolls commenting how the unique female characters were ugly. The Mods were forced to add:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, that's the intention. You hate Zara because the game wants. Her arrogance and confidence is just a mask for her insecurity, that's what makes the character interesting. Her mother being a bitch and remembering her that she will never be enough, a big sister more inteligent, talented and gorgeous than her (Zara is more my type but that's the idea) and a father that wants a boy and not a girl makes her extremely insecure. That's why she needs to win, that's why she needs to fake confidence and that's why the MC, who treats her like an human being and show her what real confidence is breaks her mascara. The scene when you pass the basketball to her is one of the best scenes in the game because the MC doesn't even think about manipulate her like usual, but he tell exactly what Zara has needed to listen all her life: you are enough, I believe in you and you couldn't fail me ever if you tried (paraphrasing).

You can hate Zara if you only saw the first part of her character and presentation, but why she is so loved is obvious, the game show you how amazing she is and how she just needs love and kindness, and why she deserves that love and kindness. Oceans is amazing making complex characters, and Zara is just one of the best right now.
When we see why Zara is competitive, it makes me think about the tennis game, and the option to throw the tennis ball: that action reinforces what she has experienced her whole life. Same with choosing to let her get up on her own when you knock her down. Similarly, Zara feels confused with Nika when he tells her that going after Nami isn't fair game - Zara is only used to the competition of games, so it is the only way she know how to get close to anyone or get approval. That's I guess why she and Nadia are frenemies, and why she accepts Nika's challenge. Her whole world is based on competitive isometrics, so the only way to get close to Nika in her mind is rivalry. The basketball moment is the polar opposite, it is not just the kindness of Nika believing in her, but getting close to someone without any qualifiers. It will be interesting to see if a playthrough where you minimise antagonism with her at evey opportunity bears greater intimacy in the future. I can see these things as long term setups by OCean, and there's literally no way we can make the right decision without hindsight. I guess actuall consequences for every decision is what makes this game so interesting to me.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
When we see why Zara is competitive, it makes me think about the tennis game, and the option to throw the tennis ball: that action reinforces what she has experienced her whole life. Same with choosing to let her get up on her own when you knock her down. Similarly, Zara feels confused with Nika when he tells her that going after Nami isn't fair game - Zara is only used to the competition of games, so it is the only way she know how to get close to anyone or get approval. That's I guess why she and Nadia are frenemies, and why she accepts Nika's challenge. Her whole world is based on competitive isometrics, so the only way to get close to Nika in her mind is rivalry. The basketball moment is the polar opposite, it is not just the kindness of Nika believing in her, but getting close to someone without any qualifiers. It will be interesting to see if a playthrough where you minimise antagonism with her at evey opportunity bears greater intimacy in the future. I can see these things as long term setups by OCean, and there's literally no way we can make the right decision without hindsight. I guess actuall consequences for every decision is what makes this game so interesting to me.
You two making me wonder if you're related.

Yvier pretty much summed up Zara's characteristics and behavior. She follows a known trope, but her character is so well written that her trope doesn't become annoying. I didn't know what to think about her when she first showed up. I remember seeing her when Nika is staring at the empty thropy case, and she didn't grab my attention. She isn't in my top 3, but she has become very likeable to me, and I can't wait to see our relationship with her progressing.

Bob brought up something interesting that I'd like to see discussed more: The tennis match. In another platform I saw people saying the right choice was throwing the tennis ball at her head cause "She likes competition, so you gotta show to her you're up for the challenge". I completely disagreed with anyone who said something similar to this after knowing what her mum put her through her whole childhood. Makes me wonder if Zara will also have 2 different paths, just like Bella.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You two making me wonder if you're related.

Yvier pretty much summed up Zara's characteristics and behavior. She follows a known trope, but her character is so well written that her trope doesn't become annoying. I didn't know what to think about her when she first showed up. I remember seeing her when Nika is staring at the empty thropy case, and she didn't grab my attention. She isn't in my top 3, but she has become very likeable to me, and I can't wait to see our relationship with her progressing.

Bob brought up something interesting that I'd like to see discussed more: The tennis match. In another platform I saw people saying the right choice was throwing the tennis ball at her head cause "She likes competition, so you gotta show to her you're up for the challenge". I completely disagreed with anyone who said something similar to this after knowing what her mum put her through her whole childhood. Makes me wonder if Zara will also have 2 different paths, just like Bella.
That's what I wondered about the tennis match as well (and with shoulder check) - I think her approval is because she understands that level of competitive body language, but she looks different depending on what you do. There might be a rivalry path that's spicy in the future if you keep the competitive attitude or a romance path if you treat her kindly. I think that Ocean's idea of a 'dark' path might be there but tamed down, you can choose to help other people or just take what you want and accept there are consequences for every action.

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
The tennis match. In another platform I saw people saying the right choice was throwing the tennis ball at her head cause "She likes competition, so you gotta show to her you're up for the challenge". I completely disagreed with anyone who said something similar to this after knowing what her mum put her through her whole childhood. Makes me wonder if Zara will also have 2 different paths, just like Bella.
I think, the main goal of "Throw the ball at Zara's head." choice is the next two sentence:

MC: "A real leader doesn't put other people down!"
MC: "You want to train me? Then man the fuck up and start being a real leader or I will have to look for someone that can."

Without this choice, the sentence is that:

MC: "Look at you! Crying like a little bitch because it doesn't go your way!"

In this case, the choice is very simillar like the previous one, when you choose to let her get up on her own when you knock her down, or carry her. If you carry her, she accept your apologies, if not, she whispers you are Asshole. Zara grew up with the idea that she should always give her best and satisfy everyone, because this is the expectation, at least from her mother for sure. And then a guy comes who does, and say the exact opposite as Zara expects. This is how her transformation begins, and Zara keeps thinking that it can be like this?

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I think, the main goal of "Throw the ball at Zara's head." choice is the next two sentence:

MC: "A real leader doesn't put other people down!"
MC: "You want to train me? Then man the fuck up and start being a real leader or I will have to look for someone that can."

Without this choise, the sentence is that:

MC: "Look at you! Crying like a little bitch because it doesn't go your way!"

In thist case, the choice is very simillar like the previous one, when you choose to let her get up on her own when you knock her down, or carry her. If you carry her, she accept your apologies, if not, she whispers you are Asshole. Zara grew up with the idea that she should always give her best and satisfy everyone, because this is the expectation, at least from her mother for sure. And then a guy comes who does, and say the exact opposite as Zara expects. This is how her transformation begins, and Zara keeps thinking that it can be like this?
Yeah, good point, and besides, Zara herself was at the receiving end of such attitude for so long, when her mother always mocked and humiliated her for every mistake. So she probably copied this behavior pattern without even realizing it. So, when the MC literally broke the pattern by throwing a ball at her head, she began to realize thing that she did unconsiently. And then he changed the pattern, pointing out her mistake, but lending her a hand instead of laughing at her.
Another outcome of this is that he showed Vanessa he is the exception to her theory and he can deal with difficult people just fine, he isn't a puppet to be played with. He gained her respect.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Zara is my 2nd fav LI and the way she has been slowly revealed - her back story including what Bella shares when she and the MC are lying in bed at his house, gave me new perspective on Zara.

Take this early scene, a post handcuff scene in the women's locker room following dinner at Nick's home:

Zara's mother would have left her on the ground, treating her badly and not caring about the impact on her daughter.

The MC had the choice to be better than that - and picked her up.

This was Not something Zara expected, and I think this is where the first seed - what the MC might become for Zara - was planted.

Coach Hill's initial mishap with the ATV gives Zara a reason/excuse to hold onto the MC 'for safety' not that she actually finds herself enjoying holding him like this... ;)

I believe that the MC Needed to throw the tennis ball at Zara's head to get her attention - and it did, even if it was harsh.

I also agree with xCalon that Zara needed to hear the MC when he talked about Zara being a real leader.

My favorite Zara scene to date is:

Here, Zara shows that she cares enough for the MC to try to get him out of his sadness about having to leave his home (even if Zara does not yet understand how much he relied on that home as a safe place for him).

She sets aside whatever plans she has and drags him out for some street basketball.

This scene, those renders and the music = Beza - Flashing Neon Signs = made this one of the most upbeat scenes in all of SG season 1.

There was the simple joy of the MC and Zara spending time together, then a two-on-two game with Patrick and Louise where the MC and Zara further cemented how good they are for each other when they work towards a common goal.

One of the things I enjoy about Zara is that she has made a positive impact on the MC while he is doing the same for her.

She does not come with the baggage that Bella brings (still a bit of a verbal minefield in their interactions and guilt over not being able to consummate their physical feelings for each other).

She does not come with the potential disapproval of a 'too close' relationship with Nami - one that gets more dangerous now that they are sharing a house with Nick, Zara and a Very observant Vanessa.

Zara does not have an agenda or a desire to manipulate the MC - she just enjoys him as a buddy to train and compete with (and more with than against now, IMO).

I wonder if there will be mixed doubles in tennis as part of the college competitions.

I could easily see Zara asking the MC to join her in this, further cementing their closeness and helping to create an opportunity to shift their relationship into something more romantic.

I think on Sunday (CH 6) we will get more Vanessa sharpshooting at Zara as she recognizes that the MC and Zara are getting along very well.

My MC has shut down anything with Vanessa as hard as I could so I wonder if there will be some jealousy from Vanessa or just the usual 'friendly' banter from Vanessa...

It will also be interesting how Zara responds to Vanessa and whether or not Zara will start to make time to be more involved with the MC (for ex. - she might come to watch him train with Ayua).

We are not even at CH 5 Full, and I am already dreaming about CH 6!

Cheers!! :coffee:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
We are not even at CH 5 Full, and I am already dreaming about CH 6!
Man, I had the same feeling when the first season of Lost ended (if only I had known what was coming next :HideThePain: :HideThePain: :HideThePain:). But the first season was great, there were so many open storylines, characters, mysteries and, of course, those bastard directors of the show ended the season at the highest point of the plot. SG gives me the same vibe.

But in the TV series typical trope, after an intense ending of the season, the next season begins with a few "cooldown" episodes. They often start with a long flashback or introduce new characters or refocus on characters who didn't have much screen time in the previous season and tell their stories for a while until those characters join the previous season's leads.

So don't be surprised if S2 starts with a long backstory of Robin and Sasha, for example, showing what's the deal with these two, how they became friends and what secrets they keep. Or, on the contrary, it can all start with the MC finding himself at the middle of a basketball match, surrounded by a lot of unfamiliar people, members of the first and second teams, cheerleaders and who knows who else. And only after some time it will become clear that several weeks or months have passed since the end of S1. And the missed events will gradually appear as the MC's flashbacks.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Man, I had the same feeling when the first season of Lost ended (if only I had known what was coming next :HideThePain: :HideThePain: :HideThePain:). But the first season was great, there were so many open storylines, characters, mysteries and, of course, those bastard directors of the show ended the season at the highest point of the plot. SG gives me the same vibe.

But in the TV series typical trope, after an intense ending of the season, the next season begins with a few "cooldown" episodes. They often start with a long flashback or introduce new characters or refocus on characters who didn't have much screen time in the previous season and tell their stories for a while until those characters join the previous season's leads.

So don't be surprised if S2 starts with a long backstory of Robin and Sasha, for example, showing what's the deal with these two, how they became friends and what secrets they keep. Or, on the contrary, it can all start with the MC finding himself at the middle of a basketball match, surrounded by a lot of unfamiliar people, members of the first and second teams, cheerleaders and who knows who else. And only after some time it will become clear that several weeks or months have passed since the end of S1. And the missed events will gradually appear as the MC's flashbacks.
I like the way you think, and in a cinematic sense it works - but I imagine the time dilation thing would leave people feeling cheated. We know the cabin visit was imminent, the dojo visit was imminent, the farm was imminent... if Ocean did a shortcut people would feel cheated of not seeing how it all began :sneaky: I think each character will have their exposition/vignette before there's any dilation. I can't imagine we're not going to hear more about the Holgersons - there is simply too much going on to skip ahead, as each LI needs to develop their own canonical start. I'd feel cheated if I only got to know Sasha through flashbacks for example. Where there is a defined signular plot it makes sense to skip the intervening events, but Ocean can jusr go from one interest to another and that will keep the plot ridiculously, wonderfully busy. Nika won't be the only one socially exhausted by all the events. Oh and golf clubs? I'm guessing that's another way Nika will start interacting with Sasha - isn't it owned by Sasha's mom?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I like the way you think, and in a cinematic sense it works - but I imagine the time dilation thing would leave people feeling cheated. We know the cabin visit was imminent, the dojo visit was imminent, the farm was imminent... if Ocean did a shortcut people would feel cheated of not seeing how it all began :sneaky: I think each character will have their exposition/vignette before there's any dilation. I can't imagine we're not going to hear more about the Holgersons - there is simply too much going on to skip ahead, as each LI needs to develop their own canonical start. I'd feel cheated if I only got to know Sasha through flashbacks for example. Where there is a defined signular plot it makes sense to skip the intervening events, but Ocean can jusr go from one interest to another and that will keep the plot ridiculously, wonderfully busy. Nika won't be the only one socially exhausted by all the events. Oh and golf clubs? I'm guessing that's another way Nika will start interacting with Sasha - isn't it owned by Sasha's mom?
Yes, but Ocean has a keen sense of beauty, what if he decides that it will be better for the composition. :ROFLMAO:
The only thing that brings some peace is that in the latest previews it looks like Zara is dragging MC to the training session the next morning after the night which ends the first season. I myself hate this style of storytelling when the narration jumps back and forth between characters separated by place and/or time. Context switching is a costly operation even for computers :)

And yeah, Nick said something that he would talk to Sasha's mom about allowing Mila access to Petrova country club.

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Is there any music recommendation for the mood of the game that I can listen to on youtube while playing SG?:coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yes, but Ocean has a keen sense of beauty, what if he decides that it will be better for the composition. :ROFLMAO:
The only thing that brings some peace is that in the latest previews it looks like Zara is dragging MC to the training session the next morning after the night which ends the first season. I myself hate this style of storytelling when the narration jumps back and forth between characters separated by place and/or time. Context switching is a costly operation even for computers :)

And yeah, Nick said something that he would talk to Sasha's mom about allowing Mila access to Petrova country club.
I don't mind it jumping around as a narrative device, but I do feel Ocean's keen to introduce the other dramas.

I'm guessing Ocean will just do the usual thing and condense time, so after a couple more training, suddenly Nika will be in games, rather than accurate timelines, the trip to the cabin, the necessary exposition and resolution, Amber prescribing medication for his libido (at Bella's request), events are already moving fast as far as the level of detail (especially at the bookclub), so yeah, I don't think he'll go with that - the childhood flashbacks are probably enough.

In some ways, Ocean is doing the jumping back and forward with different times and protagonists, he does it every two weeks already :cool: I imagine there will be some nice easter eggs when CH3 WiaB drops, as we get to see more of the OG cast, and we can make guesses about how many of them will get a visit from Willi's willy. Honestly, if Ocean pranked people by Damian being the one true heir, (maybe cunt glitter was part of Katie's team that Jenna mentioned?) that would be hilarious.

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
SG has great music, why isn't that good for you?
Of course it's not mandatory, but it fits the game perfectly...
I like the SG soundtrack a lot, but I think I've heard that a lot of it has been removed for licence reasons.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
I like the SG soundtrack a lot, but I think I've heard that a lot of it has been removed for licence reasons.
There have indeed been changes, but nothing has been deleted from Youtube... So you can search there... Maybe this? :

Reactions: burbero
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes