Drinex

Aug 30, 2023
I actually for the first time with this game (my favourite game) did not feel the need to play the update immediately, because of all the criticism its been getting. Has it really been that dissapointing or is it still worth to give a shot?
I would say, If you are Bella fan you should play it, and judge it yourself, there is more bella scenes and relationship buildup.
Otherwise there is not much difference other than remade some of the mila scenes & bar scene, and as we know story ends the same atm as in the beta ch5.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I'm upset about the jacuzzi scene. Firstly, the renders with Nami and Vanessa were my favorite among the nudes. Mostly not because they were hot af. I genuinely think they looked beautiful together. That was art. But after adding bubbles to cover their intimate parts, these renders lost their former beauty. And secondly, the fact that Vanessa covers herself with a towel when getting out of the jacuzzi goes against her character. That was the only render that definitely shouldn't have been changed in the scene.
I agree, with one exception. Speaking out of character, one thing that really, really bothered me about the original scene was how comfortable Zara was with exhibiting hers boobs in front of Nika. That was also out of character. They barely know each other and their earlier confrontation started when Nika ripped Zara's top accidentally and she desperately tried to hide her boobs.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I actually for the first time with this game (my favourite game) did not feel the need to play the update immediately, because of all the criticism its been getting. Has it really been that dissapointing or is it still worth to give a shot?
I personally think it's worthwhile. Other people's criticism or praise should be irrelevant, but you can see it's polarised people. I'm enjoying it as a completed season, without the immense changes in renders between old and new. Some characters feel less forced than earlier, and some characters have more presence in the story. If you plan on playing season 2, it's probably wise to give it a sping, because you'll remember who's who at the very least.

Just don't expect anything that requires a penis. Visually, it's a penis free game.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
Up to you. Don't worry, most criticism is the same shit that has been said for years and is constantly being repeated by clowns with hurt feeling.

The rework was annoying for everyone, dev included. The last update end with the rework. By playing, you'll rediscover some scene that has been reworked and extended, 2nd half of chapter 2 has been updated as well. No new story tho. You'll have to wait for season 2 episode 1 for that.

So, you can either play now if you can't wait, or wait for season 2 ep 1, and play from the beginning.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
IMHO, give it a few weeks at least, especially if you buy via Steam. That way most of the bugs will hopefully be ironed out.

If you haven't played it in a while, I think it's well worth a replay, especially if you're in it for the stories and the characters, rather than quick frap material.

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
I agree, with one exception. Speaking out of character, one thing that really, really bothered me about the original scene was how comfortable Zara was with exhibiting hers boobs in front of Nika. That was also out of character. They barely know each other and their earlier confrontation started when Nika ripped Zara's top accidentally and she desperately tried to hide her boobs.
Yes. Despite the lack of boobs, it makes more sense imo. Ocean also confirmed that the bubble in the jacuzzi makes more sense, too. Even if it conveniently hides everything.

Reactions: xCalon and Trojaner

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Season 2 - Chapter 1 - Dev Log #6
Just now
Hello,

So... The first Dev Log of Season 2 with Season 1 behind us... It feels good.

I have just added the Android version to the pinned release post of Season 1 and released the two soundtrack packs on Steam.

50% of the revenue will go to the music artist. From my various talks with different artists, I know how little (if anything) most of them make.
I wish I could've done the same for Vesky, but he's with Musicbed, so that's not going to happen.

The Intangible has been with me for a very long time, and I'd consider " " as much "SG" as most of the Vesky songs.

I only found him recently, but he was a pleasure to talk to. His enthusiasm and the fact that we're both living in Berlin only added to it. And I really liked "Flüsternde Schatten."

Sadly, I still used the old contract for Late Kids. I find them criminally underrated, and I will soon contact them to re-license the music for Season 2 and use my new contract. If they accept, I will do the same for them when S2 releases on Steam.

GOG and EPIC
Season 1 will be released on GOG on the 17th, and Epic Games on the... Yeah... Umm... They found my Steam page and are forcing me to add achievements to Epic.

Epic:
GOG:

It's a pain in the ass to add the achievements to Epic. But hopefully, I'll finish that before the 17th.
(Both pages should be available in Germany.)

I will ask them for an exception if I can't get it to work. (I saw several posts of Devs who didn't have to do it.)

Season 1's pricing and the Serene Tier.
Let me also address the new Tier. I've mentioned through 2023, that Season 1 will match the pricing of the digital storefronts.
GOG, for example, checks my other stores and matches the pricing. I can't put the pricing there myself, so I had to adjust it.

Season 2 - Chapter 1 will, of course, be available for the Summer tier. ($5) Nothing will change to the Season 2 access until it is released on the storefronts.

SG's release on Steam was nice, but the greatest thing is that no more reworks are left. I can't even describe how "light" I feel.
By far, my personal highlight.
I, of course, still stand behind the reworks. Doing it was the right choice and now that it's done, it actually feels like I finished an update for once.
Previously, I finished, for example, Chapter 4, and I knew that another 2k renders were waiting for me with the rework... And by the time that was done, I was already under some pressure to release the next update.
It slurped me mentally. But the slurping is over.

Summer's Gone - Constellations
Season 2 - Chapter 1

Season 2 gets a fancy name and a fancy new UI.
Previews
My favorite camgirl.

"Must protect."

Besides the new main menu UI, the whole dialogue display has been upgraded. (Of course, Messe created it.)
This is how it would look in Season 2.

It's centralized now, and the choice menu also looks really nice. (I'll preview it in the next log.)
Quite a huge portion of S2-Chapter 1 is under non-disclosure. Previews will be limited for a while.
But in the next log, I will show some Bellchen previews.

I think next week, I've recharged my social batteries and will start contacting a few new music artists and the ones I want to take into Season 2.
This doesn't include Grace Mesa, etc.
Due to Season 2's adult nature, we won't be hearing them again—at least until I have enough "weight" to get custom deals with the big music companies.

I'll see you in two weeks!
Personal and subjective opinion of course...

Not a fan of centered (it's not "centralized", that word means something completely different!) dialog box, but that's not a big issue. What's infinitely worse is the speaker name font. It is not easy to read, draws too much attention to itself, and because it evokes a feeling of sci-fi, is completely out of place for this story.

All this smacks of someone trying too hard to be different and succeeding in a most negative way. Sure, use sci-fi font while we are in the tabletop mini-game, but for fuck's sake, not as the default. But then again, all the UI and gallery iterations for this game have been horrible, so this new one fits right in.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

Damn :love:

RNasc4444 two favorite girls in a single Dev Log. Must be Christmas :BootyTime:
Still don't understand how this goddamn forum doesn't give us a vomit reaction emoji :sick:

At this point I feel like Ocean might read the posts here and simply be trying to piss me off on purpose. First releasing a butchered final version of S1 and now the first preview of S2 features the 2 ONLY characters in the game I dislike. Everyone else is at least neutral.

Give us Maja, Robin and Sasha for God's sake!!!

Ghosty99

Jul 23, 2021
I don't know if it's possible or not but is there an update only to the steam update so I won't have to redownload the whole game again?

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
Hello,

So... The first Dev Log of Season 2 with Season 1 behind us... It feels good.

I have just added the Android version to the pinned release post of Season 1 and released the two soundtrack packs on Steam.

50% of the revenue will go to the music artist. From my various talks with different artists, I know how little (if anything) most of them make.

I wish I could've done the same for Vesky, but he's with Musicbed, so that's not going to happen.

The Intangible has been with me for a very long time, and I'd consider " " as much "SG" as most of the Vesky songs.

I only found him recently, but he was a pleasure to talk to. His enthusiasm and the fact that we're both living in Berlin only added to it. And I really liked "Flüsternde Schatten."

Sadly, I still used the old contract for Late Kids. I find them criminally underrated, and I will soon contact them to re-license the music for Season 2 and use my new contract. If they accept, I will do the same for them when S2 releases on Steam.

GOG and EPIC
Season 1 will be released on GOG on the 17th, and Epic Games on the... Yeah... Umm... They found my Steam page and are forcing me to add achievements to Epic.

Epic:

GOG:

It's a pain in the ass to add the achievements to Epic. But hopefully, I'll finish that before the 17th.

(Both pages should be available in Germany.)

I will ask them for an exception if I can't get it to work. (I saw several posts of Devs who didn't have to do it.)

Season 1's pricing and the Serene Tier.
Let me also address the new Tier. I've mentioned through 2023, that Season 1 will match the pricing of the digital storefronts.

GOG, for example, checks my other stores and matches the pricing. I can't put the pricing there myself, so I had to adjust it.

Season 2 - Chapter 1 will, of course, be available for the Summer tier. ($5) Nothing will change to the Season 2 access until it is released on the storefronts.

SG's release on Steam was nice, but the greatest thing is that no more reworks are left. I can't even describe how "light" I feel.

By far, my personal highlight.

I, of course, still stand behind the reworks. Doing it was the right choice and now that it's done, it actually feels like I finished an update for once.

Previously, I finished, for example, Chapter 4, and I knew that another 2k renders were waiting for me with the rework... And by the time that was done, I was already under some pressure to release the next update.

It slurped me mentally. But the slurping is over.

Summer's Gone - Constellations
Season 2 - Chapter 1

Season 2 gets a fancy name and a fancy new UI.

Previews
My favorite camgirl.

"Must protect."

Besides the new main menu UI, the whole dialogue display has been upgraded. (Of course, Messe created it.)

This is how it would look in Season 2.

It's centralized now, and the choice menu also looks really nice. (I'll preview it in the next log.)

Quite a huge portion of S2-Chapter 1 is under non-disclosure. Previews will be limited for a while.

But in the next log, I will show some Bellchen previews.

I think next week, I've recharged my social batteries and will start contacting a few new music artists and the ones I want to take into Season 2.

This doesn't include Grace Mesa, etc.

Due to Season 2's adult nature, we won't be hearing them again—at least until I have enough "weight" to get custom deals with the big music companies.

I'll see you in two weeks!

• Ocean

Intriguing Sonya's new headwear certainly adds a splash of vibrancy to her character. It's quite fascinating, particularly considering her introverted nature. I find myself genuinely intrigued by the potential development of her character arc.

The character models never fail to astound. When juxtaposed with the offerings of contemporary AAA game studios, the disparity is akin to night and day. :whistle:

What's particularly intriguing is the brighter ambiance and interplay of light evident in these screenshots. It prompts me to ponder whether these two selected examples signify a broader shift toward brighter hues in the second season :unsure:

As for the UI...

1715783834535.png

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I don't know if it's possible or not but is there an update only to the steam update so I won't have to redownload the whole game again?
The problem is that the RPA files are patched asap without leaving us to the normal 56MB update it actually was.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
OMG, the Dev has another joke that's hilarious.

For all non-Germans, here is the translation:

1. In Germany there is no uniform start and end date for the summer holidays. This varies from state to state.
2. The term “summer” is a very flexible term.

So, dear members of the well-groomed VN SG, prepare for a range from June to September!

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes