yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Some people especulate the MC and Ayua are William's children, but different mothers.
As for Ayua, there are some obvious hints, such as she is an Asian girl with the last name Zane, she runs a martial arts studio like Miru, the girlfriend of the WiAB MC, she can't hold her liquor just like Miru and according to her words she got this from her mom.

But like many other hints from Ocean, such as winged earrings or snake bracelets, all this can be interpreted in different ways, and he has long warned that he is a pervert and tries to confuse players. And that many scenes from early chapters may take on unexpected or even opposite meanings as more information is revealed in later chapters.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Okay, guys, this may be my final review of this game. After the chaotic beta release, which resulted in Ocean's leaving, I decided to stick around for one more release before leaving this website altogether. Even before Ocean left, many of my friends were leaving, so it was really only a matter of time. While I won't delete my account, it will remain completely inactive after this review. Thanks to everyone who made my experience here a lovely one. Now, for the review. Some of you definitely won't like it because it's brutal. It's also super long, so I'll put each main point behind a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's where my expertise ends, lol. If you're still interested in reading this, you can skip to the bottom unless you really want to see my thoughts on the art this season.

To the rest of the community, I hope you guys keep being awesomeღ
Good review, although I wouldn't call it brutal, it's more like constructive criticism.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
My alignment tier list
So I've done one, but, I had to do the quadrant differently - evil is always the left hand path in literature/esoterics after all (sinister), good is the right hand path, and lawful is always taking the high ground, while chaos is base level entropy. So my apologies that it's not the same co-ordinates, but it's an important distinction to me.

PS: one question, do you know when Nami's parents died and how?

It's a puzzle piece for a very wild theory of mine.
d "(My parents died when I was three.)"

za "What happened to yours?"
scene ad961 with dssa
d "They died in a car accident."
scene ad960 with dssa
za "And Nami's?"
scene ad961 with dssa
d "Believe it or not... The same."

I think that's all we've got.

Okay, guys, this may be my final review of this game. After the chaotic beta release, which resulted in Ocean's leaving, I decided to stick around for one more release before leaving this website altogether. Even before Ocean left, many of my friends were leaving, so it was really only a matter of time. While I won't delete my account, it will remain completely inactive after this review. Thanks to everyone who made my experience here a lovely one. Now, for the review. Some of you definitely won't like it because it's brutal. It's also super long, so I'll put each main point behind a spoiler.

And that's where my expertise ends, lol. If you're still interested in reading this, you can skip to the bottom unless you really want to see my thoughts on the art this season.

Completely fair. I won't comment on specifics about what you've written as you're leaving and you aren't after a dialogue, but I've always valued your contributions to the discussion. I hope you find time for all the things in your life!

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

loved reading that as someone that only understands English but fails to tell the difference between good and bad writing I enjoyed this review. The only thing I personally disagree with but this is more personal preference. I always loved the usage of words like wormy and bibi even if it might be overused. As to me it makes them feel more like siblings that has certain words only they would understand. But im no writer so probably a bad thing using it to much and liek I said just personal preference that I like it even if it's over used. Again thanks for the review I did enjoy the read.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Spend more time writing in English and having proper conversations without slang.
sorry Fortuna, but even I as a non-English speaker know that this sentence is nonsense.

Please define from your perspective, who in this world speaks ENGLISH without slang? Rethink your answer because you will get 1000 conflicting answers. Because you're overlooking one thing: like in ALL LANGUAGES, there are regional differences!!!

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023

scene ad961 with dssa
scene ad960 with dssa
za "And Nami's?"
scene ad961 with dssa
If that happened around the same time as Nika's parents died, you already know what I'm getting at.

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

xCalon

Mar 15, 2023
Good review, although I wouldn't call it brutal, it's more like constructive criticism.
I have to agree with you in 100, 200, 500 or whatever %, Fortuna ღ's review is a constructive criticism, and a good one. In contrast to those who whine endlessly, and can only sweat out everything is wrong, everything is rubbish, everything is shit.

Like me, there are many people in this thread, who like/love Summer's Gone for what it is, but at the same time they also see its flaws.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
loved reading that as someone that only understands English but fails to tell the difference between good and bad writing I enjoyed this review. The only thing I personally disagree with but this is more personal preference. I always loved the usage of words like wormy and bibi even if it might be overused. As to me it makes them feel more like siblings that has certain words only they would understand. But im no writer so probably a bad thing using it to much and liek I said just personal preference that I like it even if it's over used. Again thanks for the review I did enjoy the read.
I agree about the bibi and wormy - Nami is continually reminding/reinforcing Nika of their childhood to provide a safe space for him, the phoenix and raven etc. Also, given that in WiaB no one had used bibi, except young Zanes - until Leia decided that her employees were going to use it. So bibi shows a connection to Leia or Leia's employees - this is potentially a plot point rather than a language point. Did Summer use the term bibi because she's a Zane, or did she take it from Nika? Or was it because Nika's mom worked as one of Leia's prostitutes, and that's why Summer's family considered Nika trash? As a side note, what if we discover Mila's mum knew Nika's if Nika's mum was one of Leia's girls, rather than a Zane disguised as a Cyrus?

Similarly, I think of wormy as Miru's word. So just by these two words, there's a strong case for Nika and Nami having grown up with some Zane influence - but a three year old doesn't know wormy yet, so the Zane influence has to have come later which implies Summer is the Zane influence, which could explain why Sasha and Ayua know about Nika. I'm not going with Sasha = Summer btw.

If that happened around the same time as Nika's parents died, you already know what I'm getting at.
Of course :) But there's plenty of room for complexity there. Origin stories are known for complexity, and WiaB is one hell of an origin story for SG. THere are so many ways it could have played out, and I suspect we'll find out in drip feed.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
As for Ayua, there are some obvious hints, such as she is an Asian girl with the last name Zane, she runs a martial arts studio like Miru, the girlfriend of the WiAB MC, she can't hold her liquor just like Miru and according to her words she got this from her mom.

But like many other hints from Ocean, such as winged earrings or snake bracelets, all this can be interpreted in different ways, and he has long warned that he is a pervert and tries to confuse players. And that many scenes from early chapters may take on unexpected or even opposite meanings as more information is revealed in later chapters.
It seems like the coach in the latest update refers to Aya as daughter Miru.
So I've done one, but, I had to do the quadrant differently - evil is always the left hand path in literature/esoterics after all (sinister), good is the right hand path, and lawful is always taking the high ground, while chaos is base level entropy. So my apologies that it's not the same co-ordinates, but it's an important distinction to me.

scene ad961 with dssa
scene ad960 with dssa
za "And Nami's?"
scene ad961 with dssa

I think that's all we've got.
Interesting. But it’s not entirely clear, some preferences. For example, why is red-haired Jenna chaotic good? She’s more of a pronounced chaotic neutral character. A thief, antisocial, dirty girl. I still don’t quite understand why Victoria is clearly chaotic?

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Of course :) But there's plenty of room for complexity there. Origin stories are known for complexity, and WiaB is one hell of an origin story for SG. THere are so many ways it could have played out, and I suspect we'll find out in drip feed.
I hate you because you're goddamn right.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It seems like the coach in the latest update refers to Aya as daughter Miru.

Interesting. But it’s not entirely clear, some preferences. For example, why is red-haired Jenna chaotic good? She’s more of a pronounced chaotic neutral character. A thief, antisocial, dirty girl. I still don’t quite understand why Victoria is clearly chaotic?
I'll start with Vic, I consider her chaotic more than lawful because she decides spontaneously to kiss Mila, purely because she thought Mila wanted to be kissed, and didn't think it through. Also, the way she thinks people shouldn't be stigmatised for their sex work when Mila discusses Nia - there it's clear that both have moral, but Vic is more chaotic than Mila in her thoughts there. Also, Vic is good because she doesn't want to tread on Bella's toes, but if you haven't agreed to the date, she doesn't mind treading on Mila's toes and asking for a date - which seems like a selfish act, except she really just wants to be close to Nika without doing evil to others - which isn't logical, so far more chaotic. She's the feely flower child.

Jenna approves of Noji, but talks about stealing a dress, she loves that Nika is a trouble maker, but she disapproves of Anna. So her moral compass is a bit everywhere. She seems opportunistic, which aligns with chaotic/impulsive, the theft implies chaotic and evil, but the way she doesn't want to upset Noji, and her approval of what Noji has done being the 'right thing after all' suggests good motives Sho maybe more chaotic neutral? But it was getting hard to apply the same scale after 5 or so characters, because there are certain complexities breaking from those descriptions. All of them at some point cover every quadrant, paladins can fall etc.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes