the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Summer's gone Chapter_1_Beta.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Game is interesting so far but I get this weird vibe and I think to myself, if a serial killer made an adult game this might be it. Or just a sociopath trying to put some dark fantasies from their mind into pictures with their own inner monologue. Just super creepy and wonder just how dark the potential dark path is going to go.

This Summer chick might the first in a string of serial killings. It would explain why the MC's inner monologue is so dark. Like pitch black dark. When MC talks about putting the girl who got hit by the car out of her misery reminds me of Tommy Lynn Sells talking about killing kids cause he helping prevent them any suffering they might see in their life. Yeah MC a total psychopath in the early stages of making his fantasies into reality...

Or I have been watching way to many crime shows and I just see serial killers everywhere :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Samael-79

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Interesting start. Beautiful girls in wide varieties, even if there are many blondes.
Writing is fine, if at times a bit pretentious in its attempt to be so dark and edgy, but apart from that really fine.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Game is interesting so far but I get this weird vibe and I think to myself, if a serial killer made an adult game this might be it. Or just a sociopath trying to put some dark fantasies from their mind into pictures with their own inner monologue. Just super creepy and wonder just how dark the potential dark path is going to go.

This Summer chick might the first in a string of serial killings. It would explain why the MC's inner monologue is so dark. Like pitch black dark. When MC talks about putting the girl who got hit by the car out of her misery reminds me of Tommy Lynn Sells talking about killing kids cause he helping prevent them any suffering they might see in their life. Yeah MC a total psychopath in the early stages of making his fantasies into reality...

Or I have been watching way to many crime shows and I just see serial killers everywhere :ROFLMAO:
One can hope that's where the story's going. But what we'll get will be some sappy supernatural tale, judging from the few poorly written clues.

I'll be shocked if this turns out to be a smart psychological thriller.

Deviant Delights

A figment of your imagination
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2018
Two things...

One: Learn to use the pause statement. The blank dialogues are annoying.

Two:
x97.jpg

"Hey, mind if I sit here?"

x92.jpg x93.jpg x91.jpg

Fuck yeah I mind!

He's probably the type of guy that goes into a public restroom and sees 10 open urinals and decides to use the one right next to you.

horst123

May 5, 2017
Wow, great start and i really love the dark tone... not that happy college fuck around that many other games have right from the start. And at least it seems that the characters have very different personalities which also isn´t always the case.
I´m thinking about becoming a patreon.

Really the only thing that wasn´t great for me where the blank dialogs but anything else was very intriguing for me.

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018

I have just seen your review.
Let's review your review.

- "In this first installment you have the option to kill a young vulnerable girl who was just hit by a car [...]"

Lie.

No, you can't choose anything. You can't do anything to the girl on the floor. Only to the elderly woman who points a pistol at you.

- "[... ] and an off duty female police officer."

Really dude? At least create some believable lies. Where the hell do you have an option to kill the officer?

Back when the MC meets the female officer, he was still a nice young man.

There are 4 sentences the MC says or thinks about the female officer.

1. "Weeee?" - after she asked if they were high.
2 "Together?" - after she asked what would happen if Summer's mum found out about them.
3. "How did you know we where here"
4. "Jannete.. She busted us so many times." & "I'm glad she isn't too hard on us."

I can totally see where he tried to kill her.

- "And it seems to hint that this Summer chick was the MC's first kill [...]"

All scenes with Summer and the MC are lovely. No bad words, no bad thoughts, nothing.

I can really understand, how you can get from "I think I'm falling for her" & "Why-y did it had to be you.." to The MC must've killed her and he will get on a murdering spree soon.

And the only two people who liked this coocked up story, were those, who also gave this game a bad review.
Very competent, indeed.

And thanks that you changed it from 1* to 2*. Now it doesn't look to obvious.

If you want to ruin a games rating, do it with a little bit of brain.

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
Wow, great start and i really love the dark tone... not that happy college fuck around that many other games have right from the start. And at least it seems that the characters have very different personalities which also isn´t always the case.
I´m thinking about becoming a patreon.

Really the only thing that wasn´t great for me where the blank dialogs but anything else was very intriguing for me.
I'm going to upload a version without these blanks. :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018

- "In this first installment you have the option to kill a young vulnerable girl who was just hit by a car [...]"

Lie.

No, you can't choose anything. You can't do anything to the girl on the floor. Only to the elderly woman who points a pistol at you.

Really dude? At least create some believable lies. Where the hell do you have an option to kill the officer?

2 "Together?" - after she asked what would happen if Summer's mum found out about them.
4. "Jannete.. She busted us so many times." & "I'm glad she isn't too hard on us."

All scenes with Summer and the MC are lovely. No bad words, no bad thoughts, nothing.

I can really understand, how you can get from "I think I'm falling for her" & "Why-y did it had to be you.." to The MC must've killed her and he will get on a murdering spree soon.

And the only two people who liked this coocked up story, were those, who also gave this game a bad review.
Very competent, indeed.

report reviews that are so off base they seem to be from some game in the players mind..lol...the mod's will whack it.

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
Bets on a predictable forced supernatural story coming up. The next release will probably take a couple months and no one has any idea what this vn's going to be about. Except that summer's gone though may come back, and lots of smoking.
No supernatural stuff.

It will take around two months.

It was one cigarette and 1 joint.

report reviews that are so off base they seem to be from some game in the players mind..lol...the mod's will whack it.
Ya, I already did.

delray

May 27, 2017

Lie.

Very competent, indeed.

This ain't it chief. If you're going to read the comments, you need to thicken your skin and learn how to suss out actual constructive criticism. Lashing out at people playing your game is not going to endear you to patreon supporters. Take a breath and ask yourself if your response is necessary (spoiler: it is not). Trust the community to handle bullshit reviews and bullshit comments-- that's what we're here for.

On another note: I really do not like how much of an asshole the MC is, especially to the paralyzed girl who is showing interest in him. It's not believable in the least, and it's fully taking my out of immersion.

Other than that-- this game is very promising, and I'm very much digging the render quality, the general storyline, I love the "roommate", and I'm a slow burn appreciator as well. Good work on this first pass.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
On another note: I really do not like how much of an asshole the MC is, especially to the paralyzed girl who is showing interest in him. It's not believable in the least, and it's fully taking my out of immersion.
You've clearly never seen what a trauma induced manic depressive person is like. The portrayal is spot on, and the choices to be either full blown "Death to the World" or trying to get better actually very easily symbolizes the personal choices someone in that situation has to make in order to either move on and try to live a normal life or sink deeper into their crushing despair.

If you're not immersed in the story, it's because you are expecting to be able to play the character as you, rather than as them. The character is horribly depressed individual who has a hard time feeling any emotion and only has any sort of empathy to his mom and sister because he loves them. Everyone else he considers animated flesh bags.

Deleted member 1070533

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2018
This ain't it chief. If you're going to read the comments, you need to thicken your skin and learn how to suss out actual constructive criticism. Lashing out at people playing your game is not going to endear you to patreon supporters. Take a breath and ask yourself if your response is necessary (spoiler: it is not). Trust the community to handle bullshit reviews and bullshit comments-- that's what we're here for.

Other than that-- this game is very promising, and I'm very much digging the render quality, the general storyline, I love the "roommate", and I'm a slow burn appreciator as well. Good work on this first pass.
Yea, I know that. I have nothing against criticism or if somebody doesn't like this game. But this review was just so.. ridiculous. I had to react to it.

Ever had a depression? Trust me, people act like this if nothing matters anymore.

Thanks for you words. :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Yea, I know that. I have nothing against criticism or if somebody doesn't like this game. But this review was just so.. ridiculous. I had to react to it.

Ever had a depression? Trust me, people act like this if nothing matters anymore.

Thanks for you words. :)
i've suffered severe depression for a longgg time...often go to sleep hoping i do not wake up...use comedy and silliness to hide it all..although i've never had genuine murderous thoughts...maybe..lol..i know how dark i can get at times..so nothing is out of the realm of normal when you suffer it.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
You've clearly never seen what a trauma induced manic depressive person is like. The portrayal is spot on, and the choices to be either full blown "Death to the World" or trying to get better actually very easily symbolizes the personal choices someone in that situation has to make in order to either move on and try to live a normal life or sink deeper into their crushing despair.

If you're not immersed in the story, it's because you are expecting to be able to play the character as you, rather than as them. The character is horribly depressed individual who has a hard time feeling any emotion and only has any sort of empathy to his mom and sister because he loves them. Everyone else he considers animated flesh bags.
That's one of the glaring problems with this one, the overwritten mc. Works better as a kinetic novel than a vn. Most vns here let you imagine yourself in the mc's perspective, and a character you can shape with your choices. The images here are shot that way, but you're experiencing the story as a 3rd person.
Still, gotta appreciate a dev with a strong vision.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018

Lie.

Very competent, indeed.

I stand by my review. But I did get the officer and the lady who hit the girl confused. And there was no option to kill the girl on the ground but the MC damn sure sounded like he would like to kill somebody who just got hit by a car...

The sister seems to know about the MC's history with woman and probably this Summer chick...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is the family in on it too??

4.40 star(s) 493 Votes