Mac:
- - -

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
cutting out the Nudity of an Adult Novel is pretty brave to be honest. It seems like he either has sold his own creation for more sales or does not care a tall about his work. Its worse Than Sony for sure
Fuck it. I reckon I'll have to make two SanchoMod updates. One for Steam censored and one for the pending patreon version. Double the work, and zero recognition since I'm no longer listed in the OP.

Oh well, I'll do it all anyway knowing me. Regards.

Wait is it really censored??
Yes.

BigMal235

Nov 8, 2023
cutting out the Nudity of an Adult Novel is pretty brave to be honest. It seems like he either has sold his own creation for more sales or does not care a tall about his work. Its worse Than Sony for sure
Let's be serious here. Summer's GGone hardly had any nudity anyway. I would understand if this was Being a DIK being censored, but SG is a game no one plays for the adult content (as yet anyway). Therefore cutting off these scenes were risk free and he had really a lot to gain, the more sales is equal not only more cash, but puts the game higher on the trending list and is giving it a chance to earn much more.

Nov 17, 2019
Its not about that, its the principle, I don't like to feel being taken advantage of.

I got Chasing Sunsets for 7 as early access 2 updates ago and for that money I will get updates until the game ends. Here not only do I pay more 12.79, but I have to pay again every time a new season gets released, so already its a business model that I dislike more.

Cherry on top disrespectful 'DLC' that's just some non downscaled renders...Everyone that has been around the genre a while knows how little value they hold.
I get where you are coming from but i have never supported this dev (for what should be obvious reasons) and i like their stuff so i dont mind spending a bit here and there to support. I dont care for the "DLC" so i will just download the images that posted here. I also dont use Patreon after being burned by devs wasting time.

Season 2 might take another 2 or 3 years to be released so its kind of whatever to me. I like to support the actual releases of games i like when they come out provided they are not ridiculously priced. This one seems to be priced fine.

zack1419

Sep 22, 2019
Let's be serious here. Summer's GGone hardly had any nudity anyway. I would understand if this was Being a DIK being censored, but SG is a game no one plays for the adult content (as yet anyway). Therefore cutting off these scenes were risk free and he had really a lot to gain, the more sales is equal not only more cash, but puts the game higher on the trending list and is giving it a chance to earn much more.
yeah i agree but SG is a shitty AVN and a mediocre story, i bet the people on steam are going to be confused because of that.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Its not about that, its the principle, I don't like to feel being taken advantage of.

I got Chasing Sunsets for 7 as early access 2 updates ago and for that money I will get updates until the game ends. Here not only do I pay more 12.79, but I have to pay again every time a new season gets released, so already its a business model that I dislike more.

Cherry on top disrespectful 'DLC' that's just some non downscaled renders...Everyone that has been around the genre a while knows how little value they hold.
I am a Big fan of Chasing Sunsets - I have supported it on SS almost since inception and I also bought it on Steam to show my support for the devs.

Ocean has extras (music packs and renders) that Steam users can choose to buy or not - which is a pretty standard practice on Steam.

The devs of CS did not do this - their choice, and if Kentyrr chose to put together a pack of Jaye renders, I'd buy it!

You get to choose when/if you buy SG on Steam - now or wait for the typical sales that come up at the holidays - or not at all.

If Ocean withheld an .exe file that was unique to each copy of SG, then I would call that being taken advantage of.

IMO, this is simply a business decision, and no one is forced to buy it at that price, especially given that someone put the Steam version on F95 for a free download within hours of the Steam release.

SG is a Much longer story than CS.

I envision buying Firebreak, the CS dev's next project once it is available on Steam in, I'm guessing, 2-3 years.

The next season of Summers Gone will be in development at that time and not for sale until it is completed (barring some early access choice that Ocean has not revealed to us at this time).

Summers Gone is a story that will likely take decades to play out while CS is not.

I see it as comparing the purchase price of a single great book to the purchase price of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice Series - they are simply two very different products, and it is reasonable for them to be priced differently.

In the end, I'm glad that Ocean gave each of us the choice to support him as we each choose to, whether Patreon/SS alone, buying SG on Steam with/without any extras, or some combination of both.

Regardless of our positions, I hope you get to enjoy Summers Gone Season 1 as it has been a long journey for anyone who is a fan.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
yeah i agree but SG is a shitty AVN and a mediocre story, i bet the people on steam are going to be confused because of that.
Then why are you on this page?
SG is one of the most popular VN on this site, and the only thing I see in this thread is fragile babies that have basically repeated the same argument since 2020. Yes it doesn't have sexuality yet, the fucking game warned you with a splashscreen the moment you open it, move on.
Yes, the dev is reworking the chapter for consistency. It was an annoying process, for everyone, dev included.
Yes, there was "censor" for the release of the steam version. There won't be any moving foward.

The steam release is very important for a dev. I've bought the game for support. It's a very good game, and on this site they are rare.

Prayforme

Oct 25, 2022
No sensual sex guys, not even in season two it won't happen, get zen or our blue bull balls will soon explode, Ocean is a supervillain.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes