Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
Maim Lain I know it's not much, but I appreciate you taking your time and efforts to not only update, but also improve the way the mod works.

I have a question, tho. There was a mod, can't recall its name, that enabled all routes for characters like Mia and Mrs Johnson so you no longer had to choose one or the other... Think it would be feasible for you to include something like that in a future version?

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018
uff got one question will this interfir with the naughty tribute mod since it changes the game folder
Not if you do it right.First you install the naughty tribute mod then second install this one it will ask to replace the file with the same name the bedroom file choose no then your done and they will work together:)

Last edited:

Nerfherder77

Jul 1, 2017
not if you do it right first install the naughty mod first then install this one it will ask to replace the file with the same name the bedroom file choose no and they will work together
This works. I got error log on first load but restarted and seems to work fine with both.

Gooblygoop

Jun 2, 2017
Wow it took days finish this mod. It must have been hell for the modder to remake everything (i assumed he has to remake the whole thing from scratch)

KnightMarco

Jul 8, 2017
Not if you do it right first you install the naughty tribute mod first then second install this one it will ask to replace the file with the same name the bedroom file choose no and they will work together:)
so replace everything except the ebdroom file? I don't understand the bedroom file part

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.19.1

In-game Walkthrough Mod
This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for many side characters and all of the main characters in the game! You can track your progress for each character's story and see the requirements needed to trigger scenes and advance their story. There's also tips and walkthroughs for increasing your stats and making money. Look at the images below to get a better understanding of how it all works. Use the new apps that have been added to the in-game phone to view the walkthroughs.

View attachment 183817 View attachment 200299 View attachment 183819 View attachment 183820 View attachment 183821 View attachment 183822 View attachment 183823 View attachment 183824 View attachment 183835

Fan DLC Scenes Mod
This mod adds new scenes and quests created by fans to the game, so that means no more long waits for new scenes! Right now the mod adds 2 new quests, animated scenes, and 172 new images for Eve, Roxxy, Jenny, and Mia!! Use the Fan Scenes guide app on the in-game phone to see how to start the new scenes. Thanks to Jihef, Hefelo, and Kryptozoid for letting me use their fan art!

View attachment 296882 View attachment 296871 View attachment 296873 View attachment 185710 View attachment 185711 View attachment 185712

Attractive Characters Mod
This mod changes some characters to make them more attractive by removing wrinkles and odd marks from their faces. Currently 80 images have been improved for the main character, Eve, and Kevin.

View attachment 183839 View attachment 183814 View attachment 183813 View attachment 186542 View attachment 186540

DOWNLOAD

PC & Mac: -
Android: -

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc" folder.

Mac: Unzip the mod -> Right click your SummertimeSaga app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents" then "Resources" folders -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod to the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

Android:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can we turn on the cheats using this mod without game crash or annoying loops?
Or do we have to turn off the cheats to avoid all that?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Okay I've just decided that no matter what happens I'm going to have that Summertime Saga New Character Mod I was working on finished in time for Halloween. The animator I hired ditched me a couple months ago pepehands.png , so I'll hire a new one if I have to. The character's story has so much in common with the Halloween theme so it'll be awesome.

Maim Lain I know it's not much, but I appreciate you taking your time and efforts to not only update, but also improve the way the mod works.

I have a question, tho. There was a mod, can't recall its name, that enabled all routes for characters like Mia and Mrs Johnson so you no longer had to choose one or the other... Think it would be feasible for you to include something like that in a future version?
Thanks. I'm not confident that a change that would allow multiple routes to be played in 1 playthrough could be done without causing some bugs, so I don't think it's something I can do, sorry. I don't think the mod that did that has been updated for a long time.

A quick question. Does the current version have the Incest mod integrated? If not, is it compatible with the one in LewdPatcher?
Does the android version already come with the incest patch?
The mod doesn't have the incest patch anymore so you'll need to download it from LewdPatcher. The mod and patch are compatible.

Can we turn on the cheats using this mod without game crash or annoying loops?
Or do we have to turn off the cheats to avoid all that?
Using the in-game cheats doesn't cause crashes so it's fine.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Okay I've just decided that no matter what happens I'm going to have that Summertime Saga New Character Mod I was working on finished in time for Halloween. The animator I hired ditched me a couple months ago View attachment 437907 , so I'll hire a new one if I have to. The character's story has so much in common with the Halloween theme so it'll be awesome.

Thanks. I'm not confident that a change that would allow multiple routes to be played in 1 playthrough could be done without causing some bugs, so I don't think it's something I can do, sorry. I don't think the mod that did that has been updated for a long time.

The mod doesn't have the incest patch anymore so you'll need to download it from LewdPatcher. The mod and patch are compatible.

Using the in-game cheats doesn't cause crashes so it's fine.
I wish I knew something about animation. I would never ditch you.
However if you need the script looked over I'll be more then glad to help.
I also do translations from Spanish to English only.......peace.

Reactions: Maid Lain

KnightMarco

Jul 8, 2017
Maim Lain reporting bugs when opening mia walkthrough

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpy", line 2305, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/characters/jenny/button.rpy", line 87, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/home.rpy", line 59, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
    player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 259, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1630, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1638, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1668, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1670, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1672, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1675, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1686, in execute
NameError: name 'police_earl_first_visit' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpy", line 2305, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 61, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 65, in script call
  File "game/mods/LainModScenes/LainMod_jenny_labelhooks.rpyc", line 202, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 10, in script call
  File "game/scripts/characters/jenny/button.rpy", line 87, in script call
    $ game.main()
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 89, in script call
  File "game/mods/LainModScenes/LainMod_jenny_labelhooks.rpyc", line 202, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/entrance/living_room/living_room.rpyc", line 12, in script call
  File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 59, in script
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/locations/home/home.rpy", line 59, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 351, in main
    player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
  File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 259, in call_screen
    renpy.call_screen("ui")
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Video Game\Summertime Saga 0.19.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1638, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1668, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1670, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1672, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1675, in execute
  File "game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/LainMod_guides.rpy", line 1686, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 1686, in <module>
NameError: name 'police_earl_first_visit' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SummertimeSaga 0.19.1
Wed Oct 23 10:44:14 2019

I'm installing naughty tribute first then your mod second

hope it's on my end due to conflicting mod, but just a heads up, maybe it's this mod bugs

fresh install with your mod only, yeah, it's a new bug instead of mods conflict

Cami_Seta

Oct 14, 2018
Does anyone know how to add the incest patch to android version? I've tried everything and nothing's happening lol

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Maim Lain reporting bugs when opening mia walkthrough
Thanks. I've fixed it and reuploaded the PC & Mac mod.

Does anyone know how to add the incest patch to android version? I've tried everything and nothing's happening lol
For Android:
Install the game, run it once and close, save the incestpatch.rpa file to "Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files"

Cami_Seta

Oct 14, 2018
Thanks. I've fixed it and reuploaded the PC & Mac mod.

For Android:
Install the game, run it once and close, save the incestpatch.rpa file to "Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files"
I did that and it still didnt work hmm, i'm probably doing something wrong thanks anyways!

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes