Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I wrote it somewhere else a few days ago, I'll gladly write it here again: Welcome back, Maim Lain! <3 F95 wasn't the same without you!

Will you work on this mod again? I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I'm just curious and - of course - like to know with which mods I can plan.

I use the Naughty Tribute, Hairy Mod and at the moment and would very much enjoy adding your mod into the mix.

Question is - why I also ping srksrk 68 , Sothyr , and The secret worms - whether all four of the mods would be compatible. :unsure:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I wrote it somewhere else a few days ago, I'll gladly write it here again: Welcome back, Maim Lain! <3 F95 wasn't the same without you!

Will you work on this mod again? I'm not trying to be a nuisance, I'm just curious and - of course - like to know with which mods I can plan.

I use the Naughty Tribute, Hairy Mod and at the moment and would very much enjoy adding your mod into the mix.

Question is - why I also ping srksrk 68 , Sothyr , and The secret worms - whether all four of the mods would be compatible. :unsure:
They *were* compatible when they were all up-to-date. There were some issues with the hairy mod, which were the reason why I integrated so much of it into Naughty Tribute. And the last I remember from Lain's mod was that I made them compatible some releases ago. But since we all are not compatible yet, who can tell?

Btw/ welcome back Lain!

Reactions: xovero and Grimtown

Sothyr

May 26, 2019

Any incest mod should be compatible with other mods. If one mod has the lewdpatcher mod installed, delete the file "patch-v0.20.5.rpa" from the game folder. Because it is already incl. in the additional lines mod.

If is even more likely that the additional lines mod is even more compatible to NT than it would be to the vanilla version. Because I have normally NT and Lain's mod installed.

About NT and Lain, they worked in the past fine together. Install order could be important (First NT, 2nd Lain, if I remember correctly). But both mods need to be uptodate!

I read only the last few posts before your post, not the last pages. I'm not sure if Lain will work on this mod at all in the future. I heard it were some Summertime Saga players who made her trouble. She also didn't remove the old version of the mod. What she would normally would do if there is a new version of the game.

without Lain summertime Sage is pointless to me, i really hate it when shit like this happens.....
For me it is only the NT mod which is really important. The wiki is a really good walkthrough, too. But I'm curious about the Lilith content...

Reactions: Grimtown

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Long story short some toxic people did not like the wait between mod updates and then not getting the walkthrough part of the mod and were very vocal and rude in their displeasure to the point that he/she got their pateron taken and put under review
Well that's pretty dumb. Going to be an even longer wait now. Some people are just so incredibly stupid it defies belief.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
As has been posted above Lain is on Subscribestar. Just her games at the moment as far as I can see. Hopefully the mod content will appear there too. If it goes behind a paywall don't expect me to post any links. Because I won't put put anything the trolls can get for free. They can beg. In fact, if she made d'loads exclusive that would be fine by me. The gimmies wouldn't even part with $1 for content.

Dented

Aug 31, 2018
Dang, as a possible future developer (90% of the games out there are garbage) I shudder at the thought of interacting with such a toxic fanbase (if you can call them fans).
Maim Lain, I hope you know that are those of us that treat erotic and sexual fiction as something more than fap material.
I relly hope you dind't have to endure long lasting consequences (apart from being banned from Patreon, that really sucks)

Smasher124

Apr 20, 2019
well I'm sorry to point this out but now the game was updated to version 0.20.7, no real changes other then bugfixes. I'm happy to wait for this to be updated but it makes it take you longer since you need to work with the changes of 0.20.5, 0.20.6

blankmind

Oct 30, 2018
m'kay, so the mod doesn't seem to work with version 20.7 (crashes on graveyard visit, and first library visit have weirdly shifted MC). shame, i wanted to check if it is as good as original game.

alord2011

Feb 10, 2019
i cant get this mod to work because everytime i go to the graveyard to find out whats forgotten it does system error?

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
i cant get this mod to work because
Let me stop you right there. You can't get this mod to work, because... the mod is for version 0.20.1 (as it says on page 1 in the OP), and Summertime Saga is already at 0.20.7.
The mod isn't up-to-date at the moment. Maybe it will get updated, maybe not. We don't know yet.
I guess Maim Lain is quite busy these days, getting things back on track and deciding which mods to drop and which to still work on.

Reactions: ReaCreations

BDI

May 23, 2017
They *were* compatible when they were all up-to-date. There were some issues with the hairy mod, which were the reason why I integrated so much of it into Naughty Tribute. And the last I remember from Lain's mod was that I made them compatible some releases ago. But since we all are not compatible yet, who can tell?

Btw/ welcome back Lain!
It seems like both Lains and your mods do not work on version 0.20.7. They bring up the phrase

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'objects/object_tomb_01.png'>:
File "game/scripts/locations/diane_s_home/barn/barn.rpy", line 7, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 355, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 268, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
IOError: Couldn't find file 'objects/object_tomb_01.png'.

after entering the graveyard and trying to look at the tomb. Other than that, they both worked fine in version 0.20.6.

Bezeren

Dec 30, 2017
It seems like both Lains and your mods do not work on version 0.20.7. They bring up the phrase

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'objects/object_tomb_01.png'>:
File "game/scripts/locations/diane_s_home/barn/barn.rpy", line 7, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 355, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 268, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
IOError: Couldn't find file 'objects/object_tomb_01.png'.

after entering the graveyard and trying to look at the tomb. Other than that, they both worked fine in version 0.20.6.
I fixed this by adding just some random image in that folder called "object_tomb_01", make sure it's a png.

The folder path is game/images/objects

The script is trying to load an image that isn't there.

Last edited:

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
The mod is for version 0.20.1 of Summertime Saga.
It's understandably incompatible with the current version 0.20.7.

Even though Maim Lain is obviously back,
it's unknown if and/or when an update for the mod will be released.

It would be polite and respectful to stay calm in the meantime.
It's done when it's done.

And please consider that of all things Summertime Saga probably
was the reason for Lains problems with Patreon.

BDI

May 23, 2017
I fixed this by adding just some random image in that folder called "object_tomb_01", make sure it's a png.

The folder path is game/images/objects

The script is trying to load an image that isn't there.
Thanks, that worked great.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes