Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

RCD91

Dec 6, 2020
I'm having trouble installing this mod, it's my time to do this and so do I drag it to the file I have already, or am I missing a step or two?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm having trouble installing this mod, it's my time to do this and so do I drag it to the file I have already, or am I missing a step or two?
Sorry, if this is a Google translation maybe you should phrase it using some more words. I do not get the point. You don't drag anything to any file. You install the mod into the game folder exactly as described in post 1 of this thread. Do it step by step and exactly as described.
Is there a how-to video about this somewhere?
No. It's not so complicated to extract a ZIP file and put the content into a folder.

RCD91

Dec 6, 2020
Sorry, if this is a Google translation maybe you should phrase it using some more words. I do not get the point. You don't drag anything to any file. You install the mod into the game folder exactly as described in post 1 of this thread. Do it step by step and exactly as described.

No. It's not so complicated to extract a ZIP file and put the content into a folder.
Thank you for your help, this is my first time trying to install a mod system onto a game and I'm sorry for being difficult.

Meushfyisk

Oct 13, 2019
Is it possible to disable the character sounds(yawning, sighing, coughing, throat clearing, gulping)?

Last edited:

RCD91

Dec 6, 2020
Ok, I've done everything step by step but all I'm getting is something with the installing process on my part and has nothing to do with the translation.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Is it possible to disable the character sounds(yawning, sighing, coughing, throat clearing, gulping)?
Normally I would say there are settings for almost everything related to the mod (click on the lower right text with the mod's version number in the main menu). But you are right, you can only enable/disable all the sounds together with the SOUNDS parameter, and not the dialog sounds only.

I may think about adding an option for that. Meanwhile, if it gets on your nerves, you may delete the mp3 files starting with an underscore, e.g. "_cough.mp3", in the "game/overlays/sounds" folder.

Reactions: Meushfyisk

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Ok, I've done everything step by step but all I'm getting is something with the installing process on my part and has nothing to do with the translation.
An exact problem description would be helpful. Does the game start at all? Is there a "Naughty Tribute Mod Diagnosis.txt" file being created?

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020
well looks like you did it wrong...

For mod installation, extract the complete archive into the "<Summertime Saga>\game" folder so that it contains all the files and the folders listed above. Overwrite files and folders that already exist. To be safe, always do a clean install (install game fresh, then mod, without keeping old files).
you should to extract the mod to the "game" folder as the instrouction of instalation says.

While running game code:
File "game/Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.13-1.01/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 795, in <module>
raise Exception(msg + "not found in " + gamedir + hint)
but insted of that you unziped it (and your archiving tool generated a wrapper folder "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.13-1.01") and then you moved that folder to the "game" therefore it's not working because everything is in a wrong directory.

so do exactly as the instalation instruction says or move all files from that directory to the parent folder

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I drag the naughty file to the game icon I have and that traceback txt pops up every time.
You don't "drag the naughty file to the game icon" at all, I dont even know what you mean by that. You install the mod, and when it's installed, you start the game by clicking the game icon, not by drawing anything onto it.

What I see from the traceback you attached is that you managed to install the mod into a
"SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc folder" *inside* another
"SummertimeSaga-0-20-13-pc folder". You've put the mod one level too deep.

RCD91

Dec 6, 2020
I am sorry for all the trouble, this is why I need a guild book or a video for this kind of stuff. As I've said this is my first time trying to install a mod onto a game on my pc.

Konic

Sep 8, 2020
You installed the mod incorrectly in the root folder with the game. It must be installed in the GAME folder in the Summertime Saga folder.
Can you show me how to do that I really wanna play this mod but there is something wrong how I installed it or something

Nov 28, 2020
im guessing the optional is the culprit of kept making my game crashed, since optional version is lower than the base game
on mobile at least but naughty and hairy mod seem fine so far,
edited: wished i ss it but i recall it's something "exception error" says like "game" folder is undefined

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
im guessing the optional is the culprit of kept making my game crashed, since optional version is lower than the base game
No. The version number is right for the optional content, it will be valid for all newer game and mod versions until the optional content itself is updated.
Can you show me how to do that I really wanna play this mod but there is something wrong how I installed it or something
I am really sorry, but nothing I can write here will help. Please do exactly as described in the first post. You might post a directory listing of your game insatllation and I may be able to figure out what you did wrong.
on mobile at least but naughty and hairy mod seem fine so far,
edited: wished i ss it but i recall it's something "exception error" says like "game" folder is undefined
"something like" is not an accurate problem description. I need the exact error message.

Nov 28, 2020
No. The version number is right for the optional content, it will be valid for all newer game and mod versions until the optional content itself is updated.

I am really sorry, but nothing I can write here will help. Please do exactly as described in the first post. You might post a directory listing of your game insatllation and I may be able to figure out what you did wrong.

"something like" is not an accurate problem description. I need the exact error message.
i did install 2 times and it works but 2 times crash too ofc where I put the game overrides dict on the same folder where the "game" dictionary are which are on the files dict, so it works as intended, i played for few hrs and it went fine, night later i tried to open it, its on the error message white page, when i tried to click ignore on the error page the bg sound of seggs scene still going, im assume it's error because i didn't quit the game properly like go to main menu then exit but instead i just went to my phone home page and when when i open it again the game tried to reload where i left of then boom crash:(
also thank you so much for the response, im sorry i could've describe the error properly, I'll make sure to ss next time

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
i did install 2 times and it works but 2 times crash too ofc where I put the game overrides dict on the same folder where the "game" dictionary are which are on the files dict, so it works as intended, i played for few hrs and it went fine, night later i tried to open it, its on the error message white page, when i tried to click ignore on the error page the bg sound of seggs scene still going, im assume it's error because i didn't quit the game properly like go to main menu then exit but instead i just went to my phone home page and when when i open it again the game tried to reload where i left of then boom crash:(
also thank you so much for the response, im sorry i could've describe the error properly, I'll make sure to ss next time
This "I left and the phone started over" thing might be a problem in deed. However, the game should not just crash once installed properly. Maybe you can resolve this by deleting the app's cache data (not the whole data itself) in Android settings. But better not hard-close the game in the future.

And, yes, the game_overrides folder does not go inside the game folder, but is on the same level, as described in the installation section:
Important: Do not place it inside this folder but on the same level, so that the "<Summertime Saga>" folder contains both the "game" and the "game_overrides" folders.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020
This "I left and the phone started over" thing might be a problem in deed. However, the game should not just crash once installed properly. Maybe you can resolve this by deleting the app's cache data (not the whole data itself) in Android settings. But better not hard-close the game in the future.

And, yes, the game_overrides folder does not go inside the game folder, but is on the same level, as described in the installation section:
I've read the top again and i have been to save on the map now, yea that's what i assume the hard close is the culprit, I'll try to install the optional again later and hopefully no more crash, thanks though for responding! appreciated it alot

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes