Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga: SPH Mod [0.20.16 Beta59] [ImTransAndTiny]

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

MrCreamJeans

Aug 7, 2020
The mod now extracts into multiple folders instead of one file? I scanned through the last few pages and didn't find any explanation about that. Sorry if I missed it. I'm used to the mod extracting into one .rpa file.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
The mod now extracts into multiple folders instead of one file? I scanned through the last few pages and didn't find any explanation about that. Sorry if I missed it. I'm used to the mod extracting into one .rpa file.
That's to help out Android users. The Naughty Tribute Mod extracts into multiple folders instead of an RPA file, which we speculated was the reason why someone was able to use that mod in Android and not this one.

Reactions: KLUMZEE

MrCreamJeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ah, okay. I read the posts about the android .rpa issue, but I didn't make the connection. Thanks for explaining, and thanks once again for all your work on this mod.

uiuoiu

Oct 15, 2017
hey.. u r mode is good.. but.. i want skip minigame mods.. like a Naughty Tribute Mod..
plz~~~~
if u can.. plz.. put in the "skip minigame mods".. plz..
plz plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzpl..

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
hey.. u r mode is good.. but.. i want skip minigame mods.. like a Naughty Tribute Mod..
plz~~~~
if u can.. plz.. put in the "skip minigame mods".. plz..
plz plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzpl..
I hear ya. Off the top of my head, I don't know how I would implement that, and I don't feel like stealing someone else's code. Stuff like that is on my to do list, at a lower priority than images.

ZeroRules

Sep 29, 2022
Can I just say I find your roulette wheel of motivation on what to work on fascinating and a treat? It means I'm always in for a surprise when I check the thread and see you made progress in different areas. I just did the Ivy stuff and look forward to seeing the differences.

Dante00

Jun 3, 2017
Thank you for the amazing updates! Makes the game feel like new :)

I was wondering if you have planned to start on Debra/"Mom" scenes anytime soon! She is my favourite character and unfortunately there is barely any content for her.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Thank you for the amazing updates! Makes the game feel like new :)

I was wondering if you have planned to start on Debra/"Mom" scenes anytime soon! She is my favourite character and unfortunately there is barely any content for her.
The problem with Debbie is that most (all?) of her scenes are old, so they don't use image layering. Scenes that use image layering generally have a key image that needs to be changed: a base image of Anon's dick. After fixing that image, I have to fill in the gaps in the images of the woman that had previously been covered by a much larger dick.

For scenes that don't use image layering, each image needs to be redrawn for both Anon and the girl. There are less images, but it's more work per image.

ZeroRules

Sep 29, 2022
Would the code for skipping mini games be found in, I have no idea what the files look like, mind you, the Cheat Mode section it there is one? Part of cheat more time which is the reason I use it shamelessly is the option to skip mini games.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Would the code for skipping mini games be found in, I have no idea what the files look like, mind you, the Cheat Mode section it there is one? Part of cheat more time which is the reason I use it shamelessly is the option to skip mini games.
DC didn't put anything in the cheat menu for skipping mini games. It's something that srksrk 68 added to the Naughty Tribute Mod. It's just some code to add a button or buttons to the screen during the mini game that, when pressed, jump to the result code, passing along a success or failure value. It's not that it would be hard for me to implement. It's just that, frankly, I don't care. <shrug> I've never used the Naughty Tribute Mod, and having to play the mini games didn't bother me very much. You install the NTM, in part, to improve your gameplay experience. You install the SPH Mod for SPH.

I found that not knowing where characters were made it take longer to play through the game, so I added the particular "quality of life" upgrade of having map icons to the SPH Mod. I've added a bunch of cheats that weren't much work for me. I hope, someday, to offer every QoL improvement that other mods have. If I knew, off the top of my head, how to do it, I'd add mini game skips. Each mini game would need to be modified, so it would be a lot of work. In a QoL mod, that's the whole point of the mod, so you do that work, no matter how long it takes. I don't have time to write a bunch of code for every mini game in the game right now so, in the meantime, I'm going to continue to assume that people care more about the content changes than the QoL stuff that srksrk 68 added to the NTM.

ZeroRules

Sep 29, 2022
I swear ive only installed the base game and this mod, but, when starting a new game, it lets you start a file with max stats, max money, and the ability to skip mini games.

Also. Completely different question I feel like asking, anyone else have random art bits you find yourself really liking? Because for me it's how DC draws butts when one of the ladies hug Anon. Part of why I think I like Diane so much. Just an observation I made.

Also, apologies TT, was just making a suggestion, from someone who knows nothing about coding or computers. You don't gotta add a diddly darn thing you don't want too.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I swear ive only installed the base game and this mod, but, when starting a new game, it lets you start a file with max stats, max money, and the ability to skip mini games.

Also. Completely different question I feel like asking, anyone else have random art bits you find yourself really liking? Because for me it's how DC draws butts when one of the ladies hug Anon. Part of why I think I like Diane so much. Just an observation I made.

Also, apologies TT, was just making a suggestion, from someone who knows nothing about coding or computers. You don't gotta add a diddly darn thing you don't want too.
Ah. I've never chosen the Cheats Enabled option. So, I'm confused. If there's a "skip mini-games" variable, I could cause it to always be set, but why bother? If people want to skip the mini games, why don't they choose the Cheats Enabled option?

ambrs

Oct 17, 2021
how to fix this exception?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'mom_jerk_repeat'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 85, in script call
�d9z�.���_��xW�b�����*Ջw
File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 13, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 76, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 220, in script call
File "scripts/characters/debbie/button.rpyc", line 7, in script call
File "scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 10, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 220, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/living_room/mom_s_bedroom/mom_s_bedroom.rpyc", line 26, in script
�t�?�/�tgX���)fX���4%E�-��M��v$?�V�<< ����3 �ɮ�B�3��������A
File "D:\temp\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\temp\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.16
Tue Jan 17 01:03:06 2023

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
how to fix this exception?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpyc", line 85, in script call
�d9z�.���_��xW�b�����*Ջw
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 76, in script call
File "scripts/characters/debbie/button.rpyc", line 7, in script call
File "scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/living_room/mom_s_bedroom/mom_s_bedroom.rpyc", line 26, in script
�t�?�/�tgX���)fX���4%E�-��M��v$?�V�<< ����3 �ɮ�B�3��������A
File "D:\temp\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\temp\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.16
Tue Jan 17 01:03:06 2023
Based on the weird garbage characters in the script name, I'd say that something has gotten corrupted. Try deleting the game/scripts/ folder and reinstalling the mod.

ZeroRules

Sep 29, 2022
See that's what I was thinking too, TT. Maybe people want the skip minigames option with out affecting thier stats and cash? I get it but, hey, it's kinda Cheaty to skip the gameplay, so it makes sense where it is. I played legit to beat the game, on one file and now just play on cheats enabled to save myself time. Though it does occur, Cheats Enabled will only be around until full release, whenever that is. So it's inclusion is on borrowed time. Just a thought. But ya, this is simply an observation. Playing on that mode for now would be the best bet for those who want to avoid those mini games.

ambrs

Oct 17, 2021
Based on the weird garbage characters in the script name, I'd say that something has gotten corrupted. Try deleting the game/scripts/ folder and reinstalling the mod.
I reinstalled game and mod multiple times, but nothing changed. Also I took a look at SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game\scripts\locations\home\entrance\living_room\mom_s_bedroom\dialogues.rpyc file and there is indeed no mom_jerk_repeat label

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I reinstalled game and mod multiple times, but nothing changed. Also I took a look at SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game\scripts\locations\home\entrance\living_room\mom_s_bedroom\dialogues.rpyc file and there is indeed no mom_jerk_repeat label
There's a big block of code that differs between the game's code and the mod's code in that file, only one line of which is needed by the mod. I wouldn't have made the other changes intentionally, so I don't know if it was an accident, or if there was a significant code change in the main game between versions that I didn't notice. That's a pretty bad bug, so I'll push Beta51 to fix it.

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes