SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
This is just ridiculous. All I see in this thread is a bunch of people with no say at all in someone else's creative process, continuously giving their two cents (is their opinion even worth that?) about the content and development speed of a project they most likely don't contribute to anyway. All it really boils down to is "Whaaa! Why aren't MY ideas being implemented? Why aren't I generating so much money a month?" And then they'll play the game ANYWAYS. Is it really any wonder DC doesn't pay them any attention at all?

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
The game is being made faster. It simply has gotten more complex and bigger. The problem is with your perception. I remember the time when we had only DC and 1 programmer doing it. There were no fluid animation, there were only a few scenes, there were no votes on content(not that i care about the votes since we still can't vote Judith in since we get outvoted by Eve and Mia fanatics thank god that the Roxxy vote managed to pass). There are so many trolls here with accounts old only a few days.
The game certainly improved, i don't deny it, but same as the profit, so it could be waaaaaaaaaaay better and faster

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
you know what guys?? being salty and flaming wars leads to nothing-at-all
so now..., if you don't like to wait 4 or 5 months for a release and are pledgin' on the patreon, then....

STOP PLEDGING AND STFU

do you think that rambling here would change anything on how DC and co. would do things???

YOU'RE WRONG

there are 29K posts spanning 1472 pages and i can bet that at least 70% of those are people complaining, so, why you're still here then??

you claim that you like the game and whatnot, but actually are just complaining for a new release ASAP, which for a game of this caliber and ambitious scope is simply impossible

ANYBODY with his/hers 2 cents worth of knowledge on these matters can tell that if you rush it for quick short term updates the quality will simply go down the drain, because bugs and problems will start to piling up and patching those problems would take more time than the one used releasing new content

and re-coding old code and trying to make it work with the old, bloated remaining code, withouth any issue is challenging AF, creating new content, and editing the old one to make it better-ish (yes, i'm a little salty due the new artwork), and trying to not ragequit due the sheer amount of complaints is far more taxing than you think

so please, just remember... all we here are humans, we have things to do and whatnot, be kind, be consious of the others, patience is a virtue
Just quoting you... You better read what you type.. :)

Anyway guys, do you want new printscreen of the dev tracker since it was updated?

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
you know what guys?? being salty and flaming wars leads to nothing-at-all

i do know about programming and can tell if something can be done in a short while or it will take more time to do so

the new system is extensively more useful than the old code, which dogeek kindly has put time and effort on converting from the old code to the new

the new "divided-in-parts" image layout is far more flexible and allow to remove a lot of weight on the final release

so now..., if you don't like to wait 4 or 5 months for a release and are pledgin' on the patreon, then....

STOP PLEDGING AND STFU

do you think that rambling here would change anything on how DC and co. would do things???

YOU'RE WRONG

there are 29K posts spanning 1472 pages and i can bet that at least 70% of those are people complaining, so, why you're still here then??

you claim that you like the game and whatnot, but actually are just complaining for a new release ASAP, which for a game of this caliber and ambitious scope is simply impossible

ANYBODY with his/hers 2 cents worth of knowledge on these matters can tell that if you rush it for quick short term updates the quality will simply go down the drain, because bugs and problems will start to piling up and patching those problems would take more time than the one used releasing new content

and re-coding old code and trying to make it work with the old, bloated remaining code, withouth any issue is challenging AF, creating new content, and editing the old one to make it better-ish (yes, i'm a little salty due the new artwork), and trying to not ragequit due the sheer amount of complaints is far more taxing than you think

so please, just remember... all we here are humans, we have things to do and whatnot, be kind, be consious of the others, patience is a virtue
It is pretty funny to tell people to be kind after telling them to shut the fuck up but i enjoyed it none the less.

What is nice is no one has to take your word for it because that dogeek guy spoke for himself. He said

First of, I'm the only coder now that Panda has left the team.

Secondly, I kinda enjoy taking a week off every 4 months. You probably don't know this, but although the workload is quite minimal for me (like I don't work 24/7), I still am available to DC and the others 18 hours a day. Whenever there's something for me to do, it's done in the hour usually.
So that is him even saying the workload is not a lot which is not his fault in anyway and shouldn't surprise anyone. The bottle neck is and always has been the art. Now me personally, I don't really give a shit how long the updates take or how much money he makes. Which is why I, unlike many people here are not commenting on the game the whole 4 months between updates. If he can get people to give him 50K a month for an update every 4 months more power to him. I don't think anything anyone says here including your long ass rant will change anything.

It is not hard to not give a shit about something and still comment on it lol. They are not mutually exclusive.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
This is just ridiculous. All I see in this thread is a bunch of people with no say at all in someone else's creative process, continuously giving their two cents (is their opinion even worth that?) about the content and development speed of a project they most likely don't contribute to anyway. All it really boils down to is "Whaaa! Why aren't MY ideas being implemented? Why aren't I generating so much money a month?" And then they'll play the game ANYWAYS. Is it really any wonder DC doesn't pay them any attention at all?
This is a discussion forum about the game. Of course people are going to talk about the game, the development of the game, the characters, things they would like to see in the game, things they don't like etc.

What do you think they will talk about here, Surfing?

Your argument is like saying people shouldn't talk about football on a football forum because it won't change what happens during the game on Sunday. Also if you think it is such a waste of time then it can't be a bigger waste of time then the time you spent to tell people not to waste their time.

This kind of shit cracks me up lol.

SCynic

Jul 18, 2018
This is a discussion forum about the game. Of course people are going to talk about the game, the development of the game, the characters, things they would like to see in the game, things they don't like etc.

What do you think they will talk about here, Surfing?

Your argument is like saying people shouldn't talk about football on a football forum because it won't change what happens during the game on Sunday. Also if you think it is such a waste of time then it can't be a bigger waste of time then the time you spent to tell people not to waste their time.

This kind of shit cracks me up lol.
You know, I tyoed up a whole rebuttal and argument to your post. It was pretty long. And then I realized how much time I was wasting in my own life, arguing whether or not arguing about a game Im going to play anyway is worth arguing about. So meh, whatever. Im just gonna come in here for bug help and Update info.

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
This happens everytime a release gets near for SS.
Peeps, if u cant be civil, don't post. Everybody flipping out about release time, calm down. The rest of us understand it sucks, but unless u support his patreon there is no reason nor room to complain over and over and over.
If ur complaining about how DC is playing his patrons, why are u on this thread and why are u playing his game? Should be boycotting it on principle since he's a piece of shit taking so long and taking all that money from all those patrons......unless principle doesnt matter because u still want to? If it's ok to put aside principle and morales, why are u complaining about DC doing it? Hypocrates are the worst.
Those that are fed up with all the continuous complaining, hit up the mods and request that production critiques get their own thread for SS.

Have a nice day

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Let's cool the temperature in the room. If it gets any hotter, it'll get attention from the mods and we might take actions that you don't want, right? So remind yourselves to stay on topic about the game and its contents.
Talk about patreon, money, release date, when is it here, etc will attract more attention as well.
So again, keep it on topic, stay chill, and we'll have a nice release when DC is done.

Francis8rock

Sep 8, 2017
Peeps, if u cant be civil, don't post. Everybody flipping out about release time, calm down. The rest of us understand it sucks, but unless u support his patreon there is no reason nor room to complain over and over and over.
If ur complaining about how DC is playing his patrons, why are u on this thread and why are u playing his game? Should be boycotting it on principle since he's a piece of shit taking so long and taking all that money from all those patrons......unless principle doesnt matter because u still want to? If it's ok to put aside principle and morales, why are u complaining about DC doing it? Hypocrates are the worst.
Those that are fed up with all the continuous complaining, hit up the mods and request that production critiques get their own thread for SS.

Have a nice day
I don't know who you were referring to but I was civil the entire time. Also as I said I don't care how much he makes or how long he takes but your whole principle and hypocrite argument makes no sense. There are millions of people who hate how EA does things. Are they hypocrites abandoning their morals for pirating an EA game?

dexterblood

Nov 15, 2018
Well if wether DC is milking it depends on this upcoming update. Now the Roxy update was brilliant. Took time but it had alot of content for everyone to enjoy. Good story and good scenes. Now the Aunt update took roughly the same time but was extremelly lackluster with a scene even taken out so people were right pissed. Now well lets see what he does here. If scenes are taken out with hardly any new additions well yeah people are gonna get pissed more and DC will have to make changes to his dev process. If the update is as good as Roxys people are gonna be more patient next time.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Well if wether DC is milking it depends on this upcoming update. Now the Roxy update was brilliant. Took time but it had alot of content for everyone to enjoy. Good story and good scenes. Now the Aunt update took roughly the same time but was extremelly lackluster with a scene even taken out so people were right pissed. Now well lets see what he does here. If scenes are taken out with hardly any new additions well yeah people are gonna get pissed more and DC will have to make changes to his dev process. If the update is as good as Roxys people are gonna be more patient next time.
I personally thought roxxys update was the best update....and it was fucking hilarious too!
BTW- Im watching Dexter right now as im writing this ;)

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
...unless u support his patreon there is no reason nor room to complain over and over and over...
This is pretty bad logic. Why could not they share their thoughts? Because they don't support him? AFAIK this is discussion forum. Deal with it or leave it. ;) This whole argument is stupid. Instead of ignoring it someone has to always pop up and heat the discussion (nothing personal).

Anyway I will stick to my dev tracker updates for now.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
This is pretty bad logic. Why could not they share their thoughts? Because they don't support him? AFAIK this is discussion forum. Deal with it or leave it. ;) This whole argument is stupid. Instead of ignoring it someone has to always pop up and heat the discussion (nothing personal).

Anyway I will stick to my dev tracker updates for now.
I'll never say u can't give ur opinion. There are better ways to going about doing it than has been on both sides though.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes