Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
SS has what, like 2 different points of divergence? With Mia and her Mom and another one I may have forgot and updates with nowhere near as much dialogue.
He planned to have more divergent paths but people complained they couldn't own fuck every single female in this game in one go so DC changed his mind. I don't know if I remember correctly but there was a rumour that even the existing branches could be removed.

2D games are more difficult but you can also still copy and paste resources and edit them, it's not like every scene has to be drawn from scratch.
That's one of the reasons for the rework of the existing characters. He has to move them onto the new rig system, because when he started he drew the full poses and scenes so copy&paste didn't work for everything.

Marakanum

Sep 29, 2017
He planned to have more divergent paths but people complained they couldn't own fuck every single female in this game in one go so DC changed his mind. I don't know if I remember correctly but there was a rumour that even the existing branches could be removed.
It's not a rumour. DC said it himself in one of his streams.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I 100% agree with this, having to keep multiple saves for multiple routes is annoying and adds nothing to the game. There's not a particularly good story reason to have these divergent paths either.

(Also, why even bother to include a heroine and her mom in the same game if we're not allowed to fuck both at the same time, that's the cruelest choice to force us to make.)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I 100% agree with this, having to keep multiple saves for multiple routes is annoying and adds nothing to the game. There's not a particularly good story reason to have these divergent paths either.

(Also, why even bother to include a heroine and her mom in the same game if we're not allowed to fuck both at the same time, that's the cruelest choice to force us to make.)
Realism and immersion are the main reasons. It's "strange enough" - yet part of the story - that MC fucks the whole town, but it's a bit too much if he can do them all at the same time, especially in cases like for example Mia and Helen which should be rather exclusive given the whole story setup. Choices provide meaning and depth in these cases, if there's no choice the story easily becomes shallow or there has to be even more time invested in "non h content" to make it work (and it likely still seems odd/easy).

I'm rather sad about it, because it will certainly (have) damange(d) some stories, especially Mia's as it is. The fact that there's a lot non h content and storytelling is what makes this game good compared to others.

Late edit: And next to that it'll likely make those people unhappy, who cry NTR when ever there's any other male involved in which ever way. Right now one can safely and logically exclude for example Erik from any sex scene with MC, if the choice is gone, one can't and the threesome will be part of that story. I personally like it, so it's fine, but I still think it makes the storytelling worse again.

Reactions: Metroid1988

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
You know, nobody has the right to *force* him to do it like he (the nobody) wants it done. It's *his* game and he wants it done *his* way, without additional people messing things up. Only because thousands of people find the game good enough to send him money does change nothing. The game is for free. Don't donate if you feel differently. Oh, wait...

So you say if I and thousands other people give you 50.000 bucks a month, unasked, we have the right to tell you how to do things?

I know what he promised in his patreon goals (hire more staff). but fact is, he has no influence on the amount of money his fans give him, so he cannot be forced. Especially when he tried and it did not work out.
No one said anything about forcing DC into anything, seriously, all laughs, jokes, digs aside now, he has a HR department in his team and clearly his HR department sucks balls at actually doing Human Resources, because for a game like this to run smoothly, HR has to have a clean plan of action for time management of each department within the DC company, clearly HR have no clue how to use time management on the present team and set them constant goals and targets to reach and to surpass also.

DC should not be looking to hire someone who can just copy his work, he needs to hire an artist who is better at 2D/3D than DC actually is, and then DC can have time to update and upgrade his own skill set, because as many people here have already pointed out the present art in the game beginning to end has endless errors in it caused by DC himself, that aside, the rest of his team need a wake up call also, as it is to easy when earning $576,000 per year to become complacent in each department and the game and its great name suffer for it in the long run.

Change of personal is not always a bad thing, bring in guys and girls who are hungry to prove how good they are, add them to the present team if You wish, and rock the entire boat for all to see, this usually zaps a team back into the reality of time to wake up and get going or be sacked.

This game has such promise, it really does, but there are aspects of this game like early parts with the life guard, the mystery door in the school and tons of other early stories left and not updated while DC covers the whims of his paying patreons, the fork in the story with mia and her mom, or eric and his mom, this is not needed at all to keep this game being a great game, and in reality, the fork screws the game up in my own opinion.

With people paying monthly, this game became a product in reality, a monthly update sees a newer version of the product emerge, DC not being forced, has a need to have the best team he can on board, working at 110% constantly, and a serious HR department, with a serious plan of action in place, with targets to hit and ultra controlled time management in place, this product earns DC company $576,000 per year, so not advertising all over the net for posers, coders, artists, HR staff is clearly not an option anymore and DC needs to take to FB, Twitter, all social media and put the word out, he has high paying jobs that need filling with people (guys or Girls) who have vast experience in: Coding, Posing, Music, HR and 2D Artists.

Otherwise if he does not, this game will eventually end up with longer and longer waiting times happening, average artwork, average coding, average posing, and that 576k will begin to drop down a lot as people see other artists out there doing 2D games with simply stunning artwork in them, stunning posing, coding, story and so on, when You reach the top like DC has done, You either update You and your teams skill set always and thus always improve and grow and people pledge more and more because of it, or You improve nothing, and take the meal ticket per year and eventually some other up and coming Dev or Devs, knock You off top spot and the fall down the ladder of success happens a lot faster than the climb up the ladder of success ever did.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No one said anything about forcing DC into anything, seriously, all laughs, jokes, digs aside now, he has a HR department in his team and clearly his HR department sucks balls at actually doing Human Resources, because for a game like this to run smoothly, HR has to have a clean plan of action for time management of each department within the DC company, clearly HR have no clue how to use time management on the present team and set them constant goals and targets to reach and to surpass also.

DC should not be looking to hire someone who can just copy his work, he needs to hire an artist who is better at 2D/3D than DC actually is, and then DC can have time to update and upgrade his own skill set, because as many people here have already pointed out the present art in the game beginning to end has endless errors in it caused by DC himself, that aside, the rest of his team need a wake up call also, as it is to easy when earning $576,000 per year to become complacent in each department and the game and its great name suffer for it in the long run.

Change of personal is not always a bad thing, bring in guys and girls who are hungry to prove how good they are, add them to the present team if You wish, and rock the entire boat for all to see, this usually zaps a team back into the reality of time to wake up and get going or be sacked.

This game has such promise, it really does, but there are aspects of this game like early parts with the life guard, the mystery door in the school and tons of other early stories left and not updated while DC covers the whims of his paying patreons, the fork in the story with mia and her mom, or eric and his mom, this is not needed at all to keep this game being a great game, and in reality, the fork screws the game up in my own opinion.

With people paying monthly, this game became a product in reality, a monthly update sees a newer version of the product emerge, DC not being forced, has a need to have the best team he can on board, working at 110% constantly, and a serious HR department, with a serious plan of action in place, with targets to hit and ultra controlled time management in place, this product earns DC company $576,000 per year, so not advertising all over the net for posers, coders, artists, HR staff is clearly not an option anymore and DC needs to take to FB, Twitter, all social media and put the word out, her has high paying jobs that need filling with people (guys or Girls) who have vast experience in: Coding, Posing, Music, HR and 2D Artists.

Otherwise if he does not, this game will eventually end up with longer and longer waiting times happening, average artwork, average coding, average posing, and that 576k will begin to drop down a lot as people see other artists out there doing 2D games with simply stunning artwork in them, stunning posing, coding, story and so on, when You reach the top like DC has done, You either update You and your teams skill set always and thus always improve and grow and people pledge more and more because of it, or You improve nothing, and take the meal ticket per year and eventually some other up and coming Dev or Dev, knock You off top spot and the fall down the ladder of success happens a lot faster than the climb up he ladder of success ever did.
tl;dr

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
"DC isn't good enough anymore and he should hire new people to inspire him to get better. And if he doesn't all this prep work will do the opposite of what it's supposed to and make things worse."

I don't know how any of that actually helps any problems in game but everyone has ideas, good or bad.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
I don’t get why is it hard to understand that progress won’t until they get another artist that copy DC style so that he doesn’t have to teach them. Also things like Judith and underground cult won’t get updated until patrons vote on it.

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Also things like Judith and underground cult won’t get updated until patrons vote on it.
I said he is stuck now to the whims of his pledges, and he is fully stuck to their whims and has been for some time now, I personally cannot see him backing out of that anytime soon, so the cult, life guard, judith, and other early stories wont happen anytime soon or ever if the pledges do not vote for it, this is sadly the downside of Patreon, having so many paying pledges is great, and it increases the ideas pool being offered, but then when You begin fully catering to their almost every whim in votes they want, the actual story from early on and middle of the game never actually gets done.

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
I for one am extremely glad for DarkCookie’s astounding success with this product, even though development is excruciatingly slow. This is because I believe other people will see his success and try to copy it, creating more competition in the market and more quality games for us.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes