j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In the end it'll be broadly on the same schedule as last year. 0.14.5 dropped on the 19th of december and 0.15 was released on the 15th of april. This time 0.17.5 dropped on the 16th of december and 0.18 will very likely be out sometime before the end of april, too.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
How in the fuck does it make any sense that there's still 2 animations left when the art is 100% done?

That's retarded.
To my knowledge the process is this:

-DC draws a still image of a h-scene and splits it into loads of tiny little layers.
-file is sent to AEHentai, with explanations of what sort of movement is desired in the final animation
-using the many layers of the .psd and DC's instructions, AEH uses After Effects to construct a rig for the animation
-use rig to construct "bone-animated" h-scene
-tweaks to make sure DC is happy
-render out into about a dozen keyframes for use in Ren'Py

The rigging step is what I imagine takes so long. This whole process is AEHentai's trademark (literally in his name), and it's well-known as a fairly slow process. Results are good tho

Page_Turner

May 23, 2017
Bit offtopic, but is Re'py able to play video or any sort of high quality animation? Or is it just simple keyframe stuff?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
-DC draws a still image of a h-scene and splits it into loads of tiny little layers.
If I may add, I think DC said once that he basically draws 2 to 3 still images of most parts (for swinging tits he mentioned, that he'll draw 3 positions, one up, one in the middle and one down). AEHentai will then do the rest. Given what he said about the Jenny update, and that it would take him ~two weeks to draw 3 scenes, I'd guess we could caculate at least ~5 days for each animated H scene on DC's schedule.

Reactions: Omniel and dirgetka

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
If I may add, I think DC said once that he basically draws 2 to 3 still images of most parts (for swinging tits he mentioned, that he'll draw 3 positions, one up, one in the middle and one down).
I suspected as much, since some scenes will require multiple unique keyframes that can't be done by a bone system (like a woman's back arching from convex to concave as she grinds during a cowgirl scene, for example)

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
so,what's coming on this update...i'm not much fond of Jenny,so i barely cared for it until i looked the development tracker posted by Mr Quay and Hero in the previous days....

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Jenny, and I think a rework of how you gain dexterity.
So even if you hate Jenny, that's a plus.
well,its not like i dont like,but when a character is annoying enough for me i just stop caring about it....as for that part on dex,i already knew that,i was asking if he talked about adding other extras,like Micoe or Daisy(althought he didnt talked anything about Daisy)from Diane's patch

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Wonder if Judith is ever getting anything else seeing how the bathroom scene just has options that doesn't work, could've just added 1-2 more scenes to it and would be done with it, unless there's a lot more planned down the road to actually lead to sex
Oh yeah, she's got her own update. People just need to vote for it.

Reactions: seraphimd2
4.10 star(s) 351 Votes