j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is this the eternal April Fool's day? He keeps finding more and more glitches to fix.
Well, before DC added the bugs/issue section some people complained that they didn't know what going on while the game was tested. Now others are complaining about the numbers displayed.

Just by the way, it makes perfect sense for those numbers to grow. Everything a beta tester finds a bug it's added to that list.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Its Funny how the Sophisticated Creatures and Critics of SS will Suddenly Disappear once the Update gets released....All those Complex Literature and Mind Crunching Statements suddenly becomes worthless..the rooms becomes dark...the door gets locked...and the game of Choking the Chicken Begins!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Enjoying the update and having a problem with how DC handles the development of the game are not mutually exclusive. They'll be back as soon as they have a reason to be upset again, there's nothing funny about it unless you're a sad, pathetic individual.

Looking forward to actually seeing the update. Unlike most of the people who post here, I actually liked Jenny's storyline. Although I don't think DC should be focusing on revamping characters when other characters still don't have their stories yet.

Reactions: doshirak228

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Enjoying the update and having a problem with how DC handles the development of the game are not mutually exclusive. They'll be back as soon as they have a reason to be upset again, there's nothing funny about it unless you're a sad, pathetic individual.

Looking forward to actually seeing the update. Unlike most of the people who post here, I actually liked Jenny's storyline. Although I don't think DC should be focusing on revamping characters when other characters still don't have their stories yet.
First of all...its not the end of the World...and Second Relax...Sad and pathetic suits someone who is really Sad and Pathetic in real life..and i pretty sure...who gets that Nomination..SS is not the only game that suffers from this kind of situation only...there are other games tooo.....We play a game...Dont get update on time...Go to forum...complain....get the update.....and then become Happy... again...its simple as that....I dont see a good reason why that offended you so much!

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
I just find it hilarious that SS is the most patreon backed adult game, but the frequency and most importantly the content of the updates is more and more scarce. Other devs gets far less backing and deliver far more content. Key word - efficiency.
The reason why SS gets the most backing has very little to do with the update frequency or amount of content delivered, those are a nuisance people put up with because of what actually is being delivered. Key word - Quality.

Reactions: Reese286 and Hero1

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Its Funny how the Sophisticated Creatures and Critics of SS will Suddenly Disappear once the Update gets released....All those Complex Literature and Mind Crunching Statements suddenly becomes worthless..the rooms becomes dark...the door gets locked...and the game of Choking the Chicken Begins!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Have no fear. As soon as the update is out, people start complaining about savegame incompatibility, how poor the new content is and how buggy -- and how everything would have been better if the game only was not released so quickly. Then there will be the fix two weeks later and again the savegame will become incompatible despite a complete save being available as well. Also, they will start complaining that no new content comes with the fix. And, of course, the new art is bad, the old art is bad, the new art is worse and -- hey, no! -- the old art is worse. No, it's not the art, it's that boobs are too small, or too big, or too... well, boobs. But that's all not important because <insert favorite character here> got too little attention, and <insert most hated character here> got too much -- and all of this even though and because DC makes too much money.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I just find it hilarious that SS is the most patreon backed adult game, but the frequency and most importantly the content of the updates is more and more scarce. Other devs gets far less backing and deliver far more content. Key word - efficiency.
I find it funny that people, such as yourself, seem to think update speed is somehow synonymous with how much money he's bringing in. He has never stated updates would be released more quickly as he gets more patrons. If you look at his Patreon page, he has various tiers and the goal he listed ($30,000) was well surpassed. He has no obligation to do more than what he had originally planned to do with each goal.

Code:
$3,000 – reached! per month
MORE CONTENT
If DarkCookie reaches this goal he can dedicate a lot more time on his projects. More content is good right?

$6,000 – reached! per month
FULL TIME
Once this goal is reached, DarkCookie reaches his full potential and will crush cans of content. Daily.

$10,000 – reached! per month
MUSIC AND CODING HELP
DarkCookie can now hire help to create better sound/music (because he's not very good at that) and hire a programmer (because he's slow at that).

$15,000 – reached! per month
EXTRA  HELP LVL1
One or more of the following if available/affordable:

Writers
    Posers
    Coders
    2D Artists (generalist)
    2D Animators

$20,000 – reached! per month
EXTRA  HELP LVL2

Writers
    Posers
    Coders
    2D Artists (generalist)
    2D Animators

$25,000 – reached! per month
EXTRA  HELP LVL3

Writers
    Posers
    Coders
    2D Artists (generalist)
    2D Animators

$30,000 – reached! per month
THE STREAM
I should have never promised this. But here it is.
It is the people who have pledged support under the assumption that more money beyond that would speed things up that are at fault here. Not DC.

Reactions: JKH18

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Is this the eternal April Fool's day? He keeps finding more and more glitches to fix.
Oftentimes fixing a glitch allows you to find more, as you begin testing parts of the code that weren't accessible before due to the initial bugs. Anyone who's ever debugged a substantial block of code will be able to tell you that you uncover more and more issues as you go

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
"Eve update gon' be the biggest one yet."

Well then.. since a remake of an already existing character took 6 months, I guess I'll see you guys in 2 years.
He's also completely redoing the dexterity system, which is a core part of the game. It's no wonder this update is taking as long as it is. Also, five months, not six.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes