zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
How are they being screwed over? I've yet to see one argument where DC is actually screwing anyone over. He's working at the same pace he always have, except that his releases are getting larger and larger. He's fulfilled all "promises" (if you want to use that word) he's made in regards to development.

No one is getting screwed over. There's just a handful of entitled people who think they he should work faster to suit their own personal wants.
How is it the same pace? Didn't he release the first ever updates on a monthly basis?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
How is it the same pace? Didn't he release the first ever updates on a monthly basis?
Well, that was two years ago and they were really, really bad compared to what we are getting now. Then he went to ~50 to 60 days (Mia's and Erik's content for example) and asked people if they'd want more "complete" updates. Since that times got longer. Last year no real update was below 100 days, two actually around ~120 days. That means we are just ~10 days above what we got last year (131 days since the last update at the moment).

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The last update was pretty small, and this is a 0.5.
Yeah, but that took ~3 weeks to release and had correspondingly little content. Of course he could release more updates with that much content but then people would start to complain (again) that stories feel really incomplete and that everything feels "cobbled together".

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah, but updating once every 6 months seems like no solution at all.
I don't really know where that 6 months figure comes from, though. It's 131 days right now which broadly equals 4 months and a few days (if one wants to be generous one should indeed subtract 1 or 2 weeks christmas holidays, which I guess he earned himself). That means we'll get 0.18 after 4,5 months and not 6.

I mean, sure, one can argue about 2 or 3 weeks but I doubt those will really make a difference to most.

Or actually when does Jenny get pregnancy?
This update =)

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Whoever might be the trap in the future I hope it would be optional.

But again i don't see the point of taking more time to develop trap content, don't get me wrong i'm not kinkshaming those who are into it but clearly this game doesn't go for the trap audience. Since the beginning you play as a dude fucking chicks, it's just too bad if the dev put a lot of time on an update with 50% straight content and 50% trap content, since each updates gives us like 5-6 new scenes then adding trap content will reduce that number in terms of straight scenes. Unless he takes more time for this update, but updates are already pretty slow to come out lol.

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I don't really know where that 6 months figure comes from, though. It's 131 days right now which broadly equals 4 months and a few days (if one wants to be generous one should indeed substract 1 or 2 weeks christmas holidays, which I guess he earned himself). That means we'll get 0.18 after 4,5 months and not 6.

I mean, sure, one can argue about 2 or 3 weeks but I doubt those will really make a difference to most.
I'm counting the time for a "full update", not just a 0.5.

FamousPotato

Jan 7, 2018

But again i don't see the point of taking more time to develop trap content, don't get me wrong i'm not kinkshaming those who are into it but clearly this game doesn't go for the trap audience. Since the beginning you play as a dude fucking chicks, it's just too bad if the dev put a lot of time on an update with 50% straight content and 50% trap content, since each updates gives us like 5-6 new scenes then adding trap content will reduce that number in terms of straight scenes. Unless he takes more time for this update, but updates are already pretty slow to come out lol.
I believe that it has been confirmed that it will be optional. if it's even ever going to happen.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'm counting the time for a "full update", not just a 0.5.
But that doesn't really make sense. If DC produces X amount of content per day/week/month, we'll get that content. Back then he made 3 weeks into one christmas/daisy update and released it, just as we'll now get 0.18.5 for Jenny ~3 weeks after 0.18.0. If you don't account for all the content he produces the calculation is pretty flawed.

Reactions: Sync

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
But that doesn't really make sense. If DC produces X amount of content per day/week/month, we'll get that content. Back then he made 3 weeks into one christmas/daisy update and released it, just as we'll now get 0.18.5 for Jenny ~3 weeks after 0.18.0. If you don't account for all the content he produces the calculation is pretty flawed.
I'm not comparing a half update with a half update, I'm comparing a 1.0 with a 1.0.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
Back then he made 3 weeks into one christmas/daisy update and released it
He works on those updates concurrently with the main ones. For example, he was doing a lot of the art for the Aqua Halloween update at the same time he was working on the Teachers (IIRC) update

asker

Oct 6, 2017
They have a job to do and they're doing it at their own pace. They are, in no way, obligated to speed up development because a minority of people believe they should. You see how many people are paying? 17,377 patrons. That many are paying and happy to pay at the current rate. The relative handful who are complaining have pulled their funding or have never funded in the first place.

There are thousands of games out there in the AIF world. Hundreds that are good, dozens that are great and few that are amazing. There are even more "legitimate" games out there by many developers. It's not like SS is the only game out there. Go play something else.
I can play whatever game i want , and again i can comment whatever game i want.It is my opinion you don't have to wrote saga lol. The "17,377 patrons" will see the truth and fraud.they are working on this so called update with 6 month , and he said last week "we will give new/extra scene at update 18.5 , sorry the not many people see this milking.
And I'm not playing this game for fapping.Just for story and arts.Never said DC isn't talented or else.BUT he need to do get his shits together and make effective updates.

Reactions: anextour

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

The deed is done, the trap has finally leaked. MC will find a body swap potion.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I can play whatever game i want , and again i can comment whatever game i want.It is my opinion you don't have to wrote saga lol. The "17,377 patrons" will see the truth and fraud.they are working on this so called update with 6 month , and he said last week "we will give new/extra scene at update 18.5 , sorry the not many people see this milking.
By all means do so, but don't be one of those people who falsely claim his income level should influence release speed. Because that's not how Patreon works. Patreon allows you to tip people for content they've already created.

Reactions: Sync
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes