srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I must also add, I only did the Jenny and Mom/Debbie routes to completion, before I moved to other characters....maybe did a very small part for Aunt Diane at the same time.
It seems the game runs way better doing one character at a time, and as Roxy intersects with Jenny, do Jenny first before tackling on Roxy.
That is what I would advise as well. It seems that many story events trigger when visiting the same location, and if that happens you either end up with one not triggering at all because another triggers, or being triggered one close after another, which provides difficutlties in following them up.

Also, it may introduce bugs. For instance, I had the quest open to search the principal's office, which can only be done in the afternoon when she has a coffee break. Visit the office in the morning and she throws you out. Now I was visiting the shower in the morning, peeping on the latinas and getting caught by Annie with that boner, being sent to the Principal's office for detention. Guess what? The Principal threw me out without giving detention, missing the Annie strip scene and the cookie jar entry. That event could not be triggered again and I had to load an older save.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I didn't say there was no new content, I said it adds nothing to the game. And it LITERALLY doesn't. So what's the issue here?
The release notes mention a lot of new stuff. You may not like it and that may not count for you, but they do.

Aug 11, 2017
The release notes mention a lot of new stuff. You may not like it and that may not count for you, but they do.
Alright then, play version 0.17 and then play 0.18 and tell me what was so necessary to change about Jenny's story? Now she just seems like more of a whore and an obnoxious money hungry bitch. At least before she wasn't THIS annoying. Whatever, to each his own, I guess.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Alright then, play version 0.17 and then play 0.18 and tell me what was so necessary to change about Jenny's story? Now she just seems like more of a whore and an obnoxious money hungry bitch. At least before she wasn't THIS annoying. Whatever, to each his own, I guess.
18.2 brought better animation, for one. You can drastically see the difference in Jenny's scenes.

The scenes themselves are actually coherent and have a purpose. Prior to 18.2 she really didn't have a good storyline. The MC just peeked and perved on her while "buying" her panties for Somrak until he got to screw her. She didn't have anything to say. Now, she actually seems like a person. Her diary entries as the story progresses give you an idea of what she's thinking, from being frustrated that she hasn't gotten laid since breaking up with her boyfriend at the gym and ending with her having conflicting feelings about the MC after everything he's done for her.

She actually isn't as much of a bitch at the end of the current arc as she was at the start. She's the dominant one in the relationship and has full control of how much the MC gets, with him only really getting one chance to take the initiative on the couch. Every other time, she's in control. Also, she's a CamGirl having sex with one person but that doesn't make her a whore. Whores are screwing everyone.

Jenny was too similar to Roxxy with the "Bad Girl With A Heart Of Gold" story. Roxxy was already fleshed out so Jenny got reworked. Also, Jenny isn't finished yet. Odds are, more is going to be tied into the main story of the MC's father. Debbie will likely have new scenes as well, if her story isn't reworked at that point.

randymagnum

Jun 29, 2018
18.2 brought better animation, for one. You can drastically see the difference in Jenny's scenes.

The scenes themselves are actually coherent and have a purpose. Prior to 18.2 she really didn't have a good storyline. The MC just peeked and perved on her while "buying" her panties for Somrak until he got to screw her. She didn't have anything to say. Now, she actually seems like a person. Her diary entries as the story progresses give you an idea of what she's thinking, from being frustrated that she hasn't gotten laid since breaking up with her boyfriend at the gym and ending with her having conflicting feelings about the MC after everything he's done for her.

She actually isn't as much of a bitch at the end of the current arc as she was at the start. She's the dominant one in the relationship and has full control of how much the MC gets, with him only really getting one chance to take the initiative on the couch. Every other time, she's in control. Also, she's a CamGirl having sex with one person but that doesn't make her a whore. Whores are screwing everyone.

Jenny was too similar to Roxxy with the "Bad Girl With A Heart Of Gold" story. Roxxy was already fleshed out so Jenny got reworked. Also, Jenny isn't finished yet. Odds are, more is going to be tied into the main story of the MC's father. Debbie will likely have new scenes as well, if her story isn't reworked at that point.
I think a lot of what you said about Jenny and her arc makes sense. Personally, I wouldn’t be opposed to Jenny’s relationship with MC remaining dominant, at least sexually. MC has the ability to basically make everyone fall in love with him and his huge cock, it would be nice to have at least one character that maintains control over him. She can fall in love with him, and even treat him nicely outside of the bedroom, but once they are behind closed doors, it’s a full on dom/sub dynamic. It would be nice for once for one of these games with what basically amounts to a harem to have one character that still dictates the terms of their relationship instead of complete devotion. If there was ever a character to do this with, I think it is Jenny.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

I just was about to say something similar, but then I read your post and decided that I couln't have phrased it better. Jenny is a person now, and as you said, just remember what a bitch Roxxy was before her update. Same with Jenny. And both story lines are not finished yet.

I find it remarkable how every girl is different in this game. I guess, it's like throwing pearls to swine because most guys just fast-skip over the dialogs without reading.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I think a lot of what you said about Jenny and her arc makes sense. Personally, I wouldn’t be opposed to Jenny’s relationship with MC remaining dominant, at least sexually. MC has the ability to basically make everyone fall in love with him and his huge cock, it would be nice to have at least one character that maintains control over him. She can fall in love with him, and even treat him nicely outside of the bedroom, but once they are behind closed doors, it’s a full on dom/sub dynamic. It would be nice for once for one of these games with what basically amounts to a harem to have one character that still dictates the terms of their relationship instead of complete devotion. If there was ever a character to do this with, I think it is Jenny.
I agree. I like the idea of some characters being more dominant than others. I'm still hoping for one that's into femdom and just treats the MC like shit. The principal would be great for that role. I love the idea of having multiple personalities, even if I'm not into certain things.

Femdom, BDSM, Watersports, Feet, etc. I'm also hoping for some gay relations in the future. Kevin is the only openly gay guy in the game so far and while I don't want all guys to be do-able, I'd like to see a couple more. I don't know if DC would ever dedicate an update to gay content, as I'd expect people to complain about an update they won't enjoy, but maybe he can add stuff over time.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I agree. I like the idea of some characters being more dominant than others. I'm still hoping for one that's into femdom and just treats the MC like shit. The principal would be great for that role. I love the idea of having multiple personalities, even if I'm not into certain things.

Femdom, BDSM, Watersports, Feet, etc. I'm also hoping for some gay relations in the future. Kevin is the only openly gay guy in the game so far and while I don't want all guys to be do-able, I'd like to see a couple more. I don't know if DC would ever dedicate an update to gay content, as I'd expect people to complain about an update they won't enjoy, but maybe he can add stuff over time.
I will not judge anybody, everybody should live like he wants. But I am surprised that someone who is into gay content finds his way here to this game. For me personally any gay content would be a total down-turner.

I just played Dragon Age Origins the last weeks again, and I am still turned down by how difficult it is as a male MC to avoid Zevrans advances. You can, but you will be punished by the game. I do not call that optional, and I hope for complete and totally optional gay content in Summertime Saga should there ever be an update on this (best with a global game setting so that you never ever see it in game).

Same btw/ for watersports and such. This game did not feature those fetishes before, and I wonder how people who are attracted by that find their way here. On the other side, you risk losing players if such content suddenly makes it into the game (and cannot be avoided).

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes