Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
half of this thread on the past 19.0 and 19.1 have just been discussion about bugs.
To be fair, most of the mentioned (and very often repeated) bugs like being stuck at yoga and the crash in the mall toilet have been fixed with the first patch that came out a about a day after the initial release. It is not the developer's fault that people are either impatient or unable to check if they are using the latest version. Plus some bugs seem to be related to mods (see post after yours), which again isn't the developer's fault.
They are working on the save system and seem to have a reached a point that allows compatibility from this version onward.

And I highly doubt people would be satisfied with an update without content. You still would get countless people complaining about "he's making x$ a month and there's still no/not enough [insert fetish/preference here] content, scammer!!!!11". So he will keep doing what he's doing because it makes his Patrons happy. How does he know it makes them happy? Well, they keep giving him money.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And I highly doubt people would be satisfied with an update without content. You still would get countless people complaining about "he's making x$ a month and there's still no/not enough [insert fetish/preference here] content, scammer!!!!11". So he will keep doing what he's doing because it makes his Patrons happy. How does he know it makes them happy? Well, they keep giving him money.
That's certainly true and next to that "no content updates" don't make sense anymore in the first place, given that DC himself doesn't code at all. They can simply sneak in new code, like they did this update, with current updates whenever there's time. Now that both Dogeek and Strayerror seem to be on the task they seem to get ahead in that department. The last release has actually been really smooth compared to others, even though the amount of changes was huge and given that they actually pre implemented some things for coming releases and got the saves working.

Aratorn

Sep 8, 2017
Hey guys, I've played from the beginning again but I seem to be stuck by a bug. All left to do for me is roxxy and consequently, daisy's questlines but I encountered a problem. I'm at the step where I need to meet Roxxy at school and then she should bring the mc to her trailer but it never happens... Erik's father is still in prison even after I gave back the goods and I can't seem to advance Roxxy's questline. Any ideas ?
(Here is the Save in question)

Reactions: Kirin7

t1ms

Sep 4, 2019
v. 19.1

both errors occur when trying to play poker
First - before choosing a game or cheat
The second when choosing a game with cheat

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KKKFFF

Jan 31, 2019
Excuse me I deleted the game for months and now I downloaded and I see my saves and I want to return to my save but he tell me :

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
well, i have been checking the code of the game, (yes, i decompile the game, and like to thinker around the code) and have seen a lot of stuff that really baffles me, like some logic mismatches, and choice options that are clashing with route advancement

there's 2 programmers so the programming side of the game should be handled more easily / quickly, but apparently the haven't set up a journal of advancement, and seems like they are programming as they go, which causes those problems

there was this discussion not so long ago of DC getting a helping hand with the artwork to speed things up, but nothing came out of it, apparently there were some candidates. but none met the DC's requirements

Reactions: Necronlord2

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
Excuse me I deleted the game for months and now I downloaded and I see my saves and I want to return to my save but he tell me :
if you have Phyton installed, uninstall it, and do a clean reinstall, and check that you don't have any hidden save file in the

%Homedrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SummertimeSaga folder

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
So you have to do everything again from the start? That takes hours and hours :(
I wouldn't even bother right now. The game's buggy as fuck and while I'm sure 19.1 fixes a lot of them, there are likely more. I'd wait for 19.5 to play, and even then we're still not sure the save's will carry over unbugged.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
if you have Phyton installed, uninstall it, and do a clean reinstall, and check that you don't have any hidden save file in the

%Homedrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SummertimeSaga folder
Shorter way to do that is just
%appdata%\RenPy\

LazyBrain

Mar 14, 2018
Why does the rap battle change half way thru me entering the matching images, I can’t get past chad, it changes and the sequence is wrong every time

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
The console cheats dont work anymore? I'm setting the line to True and i still cant access the console

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes