LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I know that eventually it'll apparently be better than the original version, but this is such a basic version of the game. I really don't see what they worked on for 2 years except ruin what was already there.

Reactions: GodofGod

TheZara99

Jul 10, 2018
Very organic reviews. Remember, DC doesn't care about this place.
they almost lost 2k paid members..
View attachment 3693765
That always happens on the first of the month. Do your research before you make wild ass claims that hold no water.
View attachment 3693770

On the first of May, They had 25,859 paid members.
View attachment 3693774

On the first of June, you are showing they have 29,974 paid members.
Do the math.

It will probably never be finished. People should get used to that concept. It's been known for 7 years that it will probably never finish, in DC's own words.
If you all could please lower these numbers that would be great:

85,874 - Total members
28,662 - Paid member

View attachment 3695119
View attachment 3696129
Another 1000 lost in another 12 hours.
Bahahahahahahaha
I will never ever do this again (reading a whole bunch of threads), I don't play these games anymore but Summertime Saga was very popular for a good reason back then when I joined F95. I recalled visiting this thread a week or two ago mentioning there would be a partial tech update and figured to check it out by coming here. The amount of pages I went through to read this thread and to actually comment for the first time on this account. Figured I'd attach the screenshot below for those wanting to keep track but ultimately I think I will delete my account and all forget about the game. If anyone wants to enjoy or experience the game the last update before this is the best one to date. If anything it's best to just lurk at this forum and DC Patreon every other month to see if there is any actual repercussions which extremely unlikely. Anyways I'm rambling and just frustrated at myself for reading the threads for no reason (well actually some of the posts were informative and the memes you guys sure do know how to make folks laugh).

Airforce450

Dec 11, 2020
I mean my overall opinion about the situation. He should of finished the game first, then he could do all this Tech Update stuff.

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
not sure if it has been mentioned, the shower scene with debbie is not working, 1st look says image not found, then 2nd look, you get to see debbie in a hot scene, but you cannot get into shower.
Your IQ is too low, like the smart ppl said, the funny images will come in two month, but just a couple, like 0.05% of the original content. So yeah, you silly goose, go back to school and study a lot. He never liad, it is all already been said.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo
Mar 10, 2021
I mean my overall opinion about the situation. He should of finished the game first, then he could do all this Tech Update stuff.
Right.

History proves that if a Dev finds themselves running up against the technical limits of their chosen tech-stack then they should start a new project as trying to re-code an entire existing project always ends badly.

I understand that different people make games for different reasons but, at some level, part of the fun is always going to be making creative decisions. Reworking a big project from scratch means committing yourself to months of work with few additional new creative decisions. It's just weeks and weeks and hundreds of thousands of words of grind because once you start messing with the creative decisions you made years ago, the game starts drifting and then you realise that you've only updated 10% of the original content and now you have to write a whole new game from scratch because you changed the characters or inserted new scenes and now the later plot and character beats no longer fit.

If a Dev ever finds themselves in the position of going 'damn... I would love to do X but this stack won't support it' then use that idea in your next project.

Dukill

Jun 28, 2018
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
File "pt_br.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "pt_br.rpy", line 25, in execute
File "pt_br.rpy", line 25, in execute_use_screen
Exception: Screen ('popup_generic',) is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpyc", line 241, in script call
File "tl/pt_br/pt_br.rpyc", line 13, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1966, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1948, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 349, in call
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3413, in call_screen
File "renpy/ui.py", line 301, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2165, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/displayable.py", line 431, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 480, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2687, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 491, in per_interact
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 697, in update
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1468, in use_screen

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Summertime Saga 21.0.0-wip.4468
Sun Jun 2 10:59:07 2024
```

• Hey there
Reactions: Fayrus

sometowell

Jul 17, 2020
I think the last thing we should do now is hate the game. It has received a tech update and DarkCookie will now gradually bring back the old content in a new edition. Anyone who has played the old content will see that a lot has changed in terms of the story. For example, when you meet Erik for the first time, Mrs. Johnson comes out of the house and hands him the lunchbox. These scenes are drawn with great attention to detail. Or when you meet Mia for the first time in front of the school, how the picture then takes on a new perspective and you see Mia looking at the bus, then she turns around and looks at the main character. These scenes turned out great and correspond to the quality of a DarkCookie.

To be honest, I thought that DC would copy every scene 1:1, the fact that they are inserting whole new scenes into the story is just a great thing. And yes... DarkCookie took a long time and the update is still not completely finished. You can go into all the buildings, you can buy everything. It's basically been remade at the beginning, just with more content in the initial story.

Unfortunately, the Ronda update will come much later, if he now delivers the old content in a new version every 2 months. But then he'll at least have a basic framework and will then concentrate on the new storylines. And if he dares to do another poll about whether he should do a 4k tech update, then stop voting for it. We don't have DarkCookie to thank for the tech update, but his Patreons who voted for it and it got the most votes. So DC was just trying to implement what they "wanted". A game that was so far advanced... well... let's put it this way... it should have been clear to every Patreon that such a tech update would take time. With the new scenes, he has redeemed himself for me.

I've supported him again on Patreon. But... if he doesn't deliver in two months and it takes longer again, then I'll stop it immediately.
I have not seen someone with such low standards since crypto-bros

Reactions: fuzzybrackets

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
```
Heresy!!!!!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
```
Are you attempting to run one of the translation packs on v0.21? Translation packs probably do not work because the game has been recoded. The packs were created for the older version of the game. If you want to use a translation pack, download and play v0.20.16. Or wait until the volunteer translation community starts working on their own revisions to their packs under the new coding.

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
Right.

History proves that if a Dev finds themselves running up against the technical limits of their chosen tech-stack then they should start a new project as trying to re-code an entire existing project always ends badly.

I understand that different people make games for different reasons but, at some level, part of the fun is always going to be making creative decisions. Reworking a big project from scratch means committing yourself to months of work with few additional new creative decisions. It's just weeks and weeks and hundreds of thousands of words of grind because once you start messing with the creative decisions you made years ago, the game starts drifting and then you realise that you've only updated 10% of the original content and now you have to write a whole new game from scratch because you changed the characters or inserted new scenes and now the later plot and character beats no longer fit.

If a Dev ever finds themselves in the position of going 'damn... I would love to do X but this stack won't support it' then use that idea in your next project.
My honest opinion is DarkCookie hadn't the slightest idea what a tech update would actually look like in the grand scheme of things, but once you are years in, it's almost just a sunk-cost fallacy at a certain point.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes